22 May: SL-MW: Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Catalans Dragons KO 1pm (TV)

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw
    • Catalans Dragons

Discuss Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Catalans Dragons at the Magic Weekend here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wakefield could really do with the Thaler and Hicks partnership that stitched Catalan up at last years event.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Depends on who is fit and playing for Catalans. No Dave Taylor or Jason Baitieri. If no Richie Myler it will be hard for Catalans.

Dave and Jason will be playing? they only copped one week bans. Also bosc in for myler isnt too bad, we have good cover. I think our pack could monster wakeys tbh. but they are in good form. should be a good game

Wakefield will be missing two certain starters from the pack in Anthony England and Scott Moore, that's a lot of size and know how not to mention toughness that we'd need against Catalans six.

I think it'll be a good match but Les Cats to pinch it by 14 points

Think this might just have gone Wakey's way had it been at Belle Vue but on neutral territory I expect Les Cats to prevail. Not too many points in it though, should be a fairly close, exciting game.

I'll be a Trin supporter for the 80 mins and hope Jacob Miller has a belter.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Think this might just have gone Wakey's way had it been at Belle Vue but on neutral territory I expect Les Cats to prevail. Not too many points in it though, should be a fairly close, exciting game.

I'll be a Trin supporter for the 80 mins and hope Jacob Miller has a belter.

Just hope we're at the same end.  Wakey fans will be Hull FC supporters for the final game of the day.  Think we've a better chance than when we were "set-up" for this game pre season but the loss of Moore and England is a blow.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Think this will be close for 60 mins, with Cats pulling away to a comfortable victory in the end.

Switch round "close" and "comfortable" and that brings back memories of Easter.

:D

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Looking forward to this one. Looking at the Wakefield squad list their recent form seems to completely defy their personal. Not seen them play under Chester so I'm looking forward to seeing how he is getting so much out of them. Plus it's good fun watching the Coal Train!

I think Wakey should target Pellisier. Cats have a third choice hooker as backup and struggled last week when Pellissier tired.

Could be close but think Cats by 8.

Good luck for them targetting Pelissier/Da Costa when there is Bousquet and Taylor near.

I'm hoping Trinity win, but think that the Catalans will be too strong.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Am I the only one not buying into the excitement around bousquet, true he's improved loads but I find he's improved into an average super league prop, he never breaks the line, offloads or does big hits, just works hard does decent hit ups and a good tackle technique, amazing what a few press articles can do, maybe he will become a great but he reminds me of crabtree big solid but not spectacular,

Obviously hoping for a favour from Wakefield. I've not seen them much since they started started their winning run, but I've heard some great things. Looking forward to see how they fare.

Am I the only one not buying into the excitement around bousquet, true he's improved loads but I find he's improved into an average super league prop, he never breaks the line, offloads or does big hits, just works hard does decent hit ups and a good tackle technique, amazing what a few press articles can do, maybe he will become a great but he reminds me of crabtree big solid but not spectacular,

First off he gets through loads of work and it is quality work. He makes yards, gets quick ptb's, doesnt get dominated. and now he has a passing game and an offload in him. Turning into a fantastic prop imo. Name me a whole host of props playing better than him atm cos I really don't think there are too many.

Maybe I watch a different bousquet! Passing game? I know he used to play 6 when he was younger but I've never seen him pass! He's behind Taylor, Casty and Anderson at the dragons ! I'm not saying he's not good but not as good as what's written in the independent, he's being built up by the press and lots of people believe the hype, I hope he does live up to it one day,

I said earlier in the season that I was not convinced and that he need to "click on". He certainly has improved since last year. He does not drop the balls like he used to. 

I'll wait until the end of the season to say something "definitive". I'd like him to use his giant frame in defence too, but can't be too harsh on him because he rarely fails a tackle. 

Archived