Football

4 minutes ago, Niels said:

Was it a good game? Accrington are doing well again. Is it mostly the side that won League two?

Are you a season ticket holder?

Yeah at least from Accys point of view I'd say it was a good game. I thought we had the better of the first half with the second half being more equal.

Yeah a lot of our team is from last year. We have some loan players as well who are doing well for us.

Aye I'm a season ticket holder. 

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, Vambo said:

Sunderland at home today. Attendance of 5257 which is a new record at the Wham.

Game abandoned on 72 minutes due to waterlogged pitch with the score at 1-1.

It really did leather it down and I don't think the ref had any option but to call it.

Got to give the Suderland fans on the uncovered away terrace for sticking it out through the downpour.

Saw the highlights on Quest, it really did look wet. Yet a couple of miles south, Gigg Lane looked dry as a bone(ish).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Oh dear José... ???

Remember, it's someone else's fault. With Jose, it is always someone else's fault.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Pains me to say it but that mob are getting all the luck and breaks to make you think their name could be on it . Hopefully not but that’s how it looks . Not that the derby still burns or owt ...

When you have a shot at goal at least once every 3 minutes you're bound to get a bit of luck. 

_20181216_182101.JPG

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Pains me to say it but that mob are getting all the luck and breaks to make you think their name could be on it . Hopefully not but that’s how it looks . Not that the derby still burns or owt ...

It does feel that way.

Last week they had the offside goal. The week before the Pickford disaster. 

Edited by Niels

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

United are just an irrelevance now to LFC.

The real Liverpool-Manchester derby is with Man City.

What did you think of the game? Do you think they will be champions?

When I saw the Man Utd line up it looked very weak. Liverpool obviously have far better players so I can't see why Paul Pogba didnt play. 

4 minutes ago, Niels said:

When I saw the Man Utd line up it looked very weak. Liverpool obviously have far better players so I can't see why Paul Pogba didnt play. 

I was quite disappointed that Liverpool didn’t score more goals such was their superiority in the match.

I think Manchester City still have the advantage in the title race in terms of squad depth, title-winning experience and a head to head match with Liverpool at the Etihad.

I believe that progress in the Champions League for either club could also be a deciding factor in the title race.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Niels said:

When I saw the Man Utd line up it looked very weak. Liverpool obviously have far better players so I can't see why Paul Pogba didnt play

Someone called Mourinho?

Put Sean Dyche in for Mourinho and he'd soon have them playing.

• Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

10 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Hurray. Saints won for about the 4th time in 3 years. Hopefully they've turned the corner under this new Klopp-Klone.

He appears to be called Ralph Haveanoodle.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

As an erstwhile Man City fan, can I just say how sorry I am for him?

On a serious note, the knives came out for him last season, yet they actually finished second to City, iirc. There was not much more he could have done.

PS. I lied. I'm not really sorry.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

why a bloke with millions upon millions of pounds wants to spend all his time and winters in Manchester living in a hotel dealing with petulant brats everyday baffles me anyway

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

why a bloke with millions upon millions of pounds wants to spend all his time and winters in Manchester living in a hotel dealing with petulant brats everyday baffles me anyway

To earn even more millions of pounds, perhaps? It certainly wasn't in order to coach exciting Football.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think today he is £18 million better off than yesterday. As a City follower, we shall miss him and all he has done for Trafford United.

That side he picked at Anfield was almost as if he was wanting to be sacked.

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Which top ranking manager in their right mind would take a job at a 6th placed club with no European prospects. Solskjaer announced as temporary manager  ( just like Moyes, van Gaal and Mourinho eh? ???)

For 18 million . No ,  none I’m sure