Sam Burgess to Wigan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah course he will.

Tyke= whinos giants bulls cas hull teams

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Hope it's true as I'd love to see eastmond back in league. Can maybe see burgess playing a season in super league before heading back down under.

That is the point. Wigan have mainly a team of local lads on relatively low wages and once Bowen leaves only two overseas players. There does seem significant room in the Cap at Wigan for perhaps the one year. Why does that seem so illogical.

bit of a tangent but this is the model all clubs should be!

bit of a tangent but this is the model all clubs should be!

Agreed. Majority of the squad homegrown(local would be even better) mixed in with top class overseas signings and other British big name signings.

Great for super league if he does....... But why would he play in super league when he was so dominant in the NRL???

Get him back up to speed after spending a season playing union but having said that SBW went straight back to the NRL and did well.

SBW went straight back to the NRL and did well.

Apart from his first meeting with Sam Burgess! B) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

lol

Put him on his backside didn't he?

After Sam had knocked him head over heels, the Judas Weasel did eventually land on his backside, yes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"rumour in wigan ......" - one of the most authoritative sources, like:

"bloke darn t' pub reckons ........."  or

"it were on twitter or summat ........"

If you heard it on the pievine it must be true. Yet I doubt there is any substance to the rumour but if there was I'd prefer SB to be he adding to Wires and Eastmond to Pieville.

Why would he play for Wigan when his immediate family and property, and a big time Russell Crowe welcome back, is to be found in South Sydney?.

This is the kind of rumour likely to be spread by Wigan day dreamers.

"rumour in wigan ......" - one of the most authoritative sources, like:

"bloke darn t' pub reckons ........."  or

"it were on twitter or summat ........"

it makes the world go round ,nowt wrong wi threads like this

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

If Burgess did come back to RL before next season you'd imagine he'd be heading to Souths, but if the NRL Salary cap prevents that we might see him play a season in SL. With Isaac Luke leaving, you'd imagine Souths do have a bit of space in next seasons cap.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I'd love to have Burgess playing for a Super League side for a year or so, I think the coverage that that could bring could be brilliant for the game and team (I'm thinking the possibility of Salford who could do with a boost in positive news at times).  Especially if it comes after a union world cup winning MoM performance which makes him realise that the game is too easy and he needs to test himself (hence the Salford move- no bigger test than that  :ph34r: ).  

As it is I can see a non-playing role for him in the world cup for PR reasons only followed by 6 months more of union before a move back to Souths after not breaking into the 6 nations team.  It'll be great to have him back in the game whatever though.

Archived