12-13 Mar: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship games here.

SATURDAY 12th MARCH

London Broncos v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm

Sheffield Eagles v Whitehaven KO 3pm

SUNDAY 13th MARCH

Batley Bulldogs v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

Halifax v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm

Workington Town v Oldham KO 3pm

think i'll have a trip to the shay on sunday hopefully to watch a fax win by 10

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Tough one for the Bulls this weekend - Batley should have won at their place last year and are in even higher spirits this time round. Only been to the opening game of the season so far so can't really comment on form etc but should be a cracker.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Tough one for the Bulls this weekend - Batley should have won at their place last year and are in even higher spirits this time round.

Indeed.  We'll be very light up front I guess so I'm thinking we should look to play on the edge (which we should more of anyway).  Play up the hill first.

Quite frankly I don't like the look of this one.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Tough one for the Bulls this weekend - Batley should have won at their place last year and are in even higher spirits this time round. Only been to the opening game of the season so far so can't really comment on form etc but should be a cracker.

Yeah, they were really impressive against Leigh, good performances from the whole team but for me the stand outs were the centre Ulugia, Brambani, and Hirst and Brown probably the best 2 props I have seen this season.

Really well coached, that goes without saying, simple game plan and great team spirit, potential banana skin for Bradford, or I may be doing Batley a disservice saying that on their present form and especially being at home.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Discuss this weekend's Kingstone Press Championship games here.

SATURDAY 12th MARCH

London Broncos v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm

Sheffield Eagles v Whitehaven KO 3pm

SUNDAY 13th MARCH

Batley Bulldogs v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

Halifax v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm

Swinton Lions v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm

Workington Town v Oldham KO 3pm

London 14-26 Dewsbury

Sheffield 34-18 Haven

Batley 20-32 Bulls

Fax 16-34 Leigh

Swinton 16-20 Fev

Wukington 14-15 Oldham

London need to continue to aim up by beating Dewsbury a team who so far in the championship have who 4 out of 5 (including Trial matches). They are a conventional forward driven championship club and its the battle in the forwards that will determine the outcome.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I am slightly worried that there may be more points scored in the Sheffield v Whitehaven game than there will be spectators.No doubt this will be seized upon by those who profess to be a member of the rugby league family.

It may be an opportunity for Halifax to start their season with a win against Leigh - a club with the largest squad in both hemispheres and all leagues.

I do like this from Mr Beaumont -'' I emailed the RFL, which can be verified by them that same day at 15.33 as I was in communication with them regarding an application to extend our cap.''

This must be a daily occurrence - after 3 years regularity.

Source - http://www.leighobserver.co.uk/news/the-derek-beaumont-column-another-week-of-drama-1-7789289 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Again the Bulls go into a match without much form to go on, Batley have started very well all credit to Norris and to the Team for responding to him. This time I feel it will be an arm wrestle (unlike my prediction of one against Leigh where the Bulls performed a comedy of errors then Leigh metaphorically decided to exit stage left!)

Again its early season so if the Bulls scrape a win fine or if a small points loss not a problem! Though I believe Norris will be out with the hosepipe if it doesn't rain enough over the next 48 hours making sure their sloping pitch is a game leveller!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

I am slightly worried that there may be more points scored in the Sheffield v Whitehaven game than there will be spectators.No doubt this will be seized upon by those who profess to be a member of the rugby league family.

It may be an opportunity for Halifax to start their season with a win against Leigh - a club with the largest squad in both hemispheres and all leagues.

I do like this from Mr Beaumont -'' I emailed the RFL, which can be verified by them that same day at 15.33 as I was in communication with them regarding an application to extend our cap.''

Source - http://www.leighobserver.co.uk/news/the-derek-beaumont-column-another-week-of-drama-1-7789289

Speaking of Rugby League family you may aswell become a Leigh fan because nearly all your posts contain comments about them and the inevitable hyperlink that goes with it.

I am particularly impressed with your tactical long winded underhanded dig at Derek Beaumont & the Leigh club, the old belittling of your own state of affairs at Sheffield, securely guarded with the "Rugby League Family" comment was used to perfection.

Its a shame you cannot use your obvious intelligence & eximious use of the Oxford English Dictionary first edition to help your embarrassment of a club rather than tactically try and get a rise out of Leigh fans on a fans forum.

It goes without saying you probably already had your next Leigh Centurions quip pre-typed ready to copy & paste when you obtained the inevitable natural defence response from an unsuspecting fan so that you could belittle him/her aswell and further fuel your obsessive lust & jealousy for all things Leigh Centurions.

Just think how successful Sheffield may have been if they had a Beaumont type fan bankrolling those 328 fans dream of attracting top quality players in to a lower division for all the fans of the "Rugby League Family" to enjoy.

You may have had a state of the art stadium, an average home crowd of nearly 4k (2015) some travelling away support to swell the coffers of the hard working traditional clubs in the RL heartlands and possibly, and I know one can only dream an away kit to play in 6 weeks into a season!

Now you focus your energy on helping out the most embarrassing club in the "professional" ranks and continue your excellent letter writing skills to the local RL newspapers.

Good Lad.

Speaking of Rugby League family you may aswell become a Leigh fan because nearly all your posts contain comments about them and the inevitable hyperlink that goes with it.

I am particularly impressed with your tactical long winded underhanded dig at Derek Beaumont & the Leigh club, the old belittling of your own state of affairs at Sheffield, securely guarded with the "Rugby League Family" comment was used to perfection.

Its a shame you cannot use your obvious intelligence & eximious use of the Oxford English Dictionary first edition to help your embarrassment of a club rather than tactically try and get a rise out of Leigh fans on a fans forum.

It goes without saying you probably already had your next Leigh Centurions quip pre-typed ready to copy & paste when you obtained the inevitable natural defence response from an unsuspecting fan so that you could belittle him/her aswell and further fuel your obsessive lust & jealousy for all things Leigh Centurions.

Just think how successful Sheffield may have been if they had a Beaumont type fan bankrolling those 328 fans dream of attracting top quality players in to a lower division for all the fans of the "Rugby League Family" to enjoy.

You may have had a state of the art stadium, an average home crowd of nearly 4k (2015) some travelling away support to swell the coffers of the hard working traditional clubs in the RL heartlands and possibly, and I know one can only dream an away kit to play in 6 weeks into a season!

Now you focus your energy on helping out the most embarrassing club in the "professional" ranks and continue your excellent letter writing skills to the local RL newspapers.

Good Lad.

Yep, you'll never wind up Leigh fans with that kind of jibe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

London Broncos top the table! A great start to the season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy the game today Mr Cynic?

Wonder what excuse Mr Aston will come up with for this one!

Well done Haven, didn't see that one coming!

London Broncos top the table! A great start to the season.

Indeed.  Andrew Henderson has been their best recruit for some time I think.  He's turned things around on the pitch.  Hopefully they will continue their positive start.

Enjoy the game today Mr Cynic?

Wonder what excuse Mr Aston will come up with for this one!

Well done Haven, didn't see that one coming!

To answer your question - No,I didn't enjoy the game today.It was played at Bawtry Road.

Mr Aston didn't come up with any excuse last week - which I think is the point you may be alluding to.He did make mention of 2 incidents and this may have been to divert attention away from the display by his players.

I agree - Well done,Whitehaven.They played very well - as a team - were well coached and exposed many of our weaknesses.

Their supporters made themselves heard,and thoroughly enjoyed their victory.I hope they had a safe,noisy and enjoyable trip home.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

To answer your question - No,I didn't enjoy the game today.It was played at Bawtry Road.

Mr Aston didn't come up with any excuse last week - which I think is the point you may be alluding to.He did make mention of 2 incidents and this may have been to divert attention away from the display by his players.

I agree - Well done,Whitehaven.They played very well - as a team - were well coached and exposed many of our weaknesses.

Their supporters made themselves heard,and thoroughly enjoyed their victory.I hope they had a safe,noisy and enjoyable trip home.

Genuine question AC, do Sheffield have a score board at this place they are playing this season?

Whoever was running the Eagles twitter account was all over the place with his score updates today. When Sheffield scored late on it originally said they had levelled it up at 26 - 26 with two mins to go. Was then edited to say 24 - 26 and a 'Haven win.

Archived