Rant thread

Went through to our local town the other day with 3 bags of clothes for the Cancer Charity Shop . Nowhere to park as usual apart from Disabled spaces , loading spaces and taxi ranks , Shop is next to a taxi rank (which was completely empty ) , still got moved on by the parking attendant who refused to give me time to drop the stuff off .Sums this country up .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Went through to our local town the other day with 3 bags of clothes for the Cancer Charity Shop . Nowhere to park as usual apart from Disabled spaces , loading spaces and taxi ranks , Shop is next to a taxi rank (which was completely empty ) , still got moved on by the parking attendant who refused to give me time to drop the stuff off .Sums this country up .

I have found that if you phone the charity shop they will often arrange to collect or will give you access to the rear of the shop where you can unload.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• 2 weeks later...

Been working in Stoke this week , so got an early start down the M6 this morning , light traffic and dry roads after some early frost , so in the 3 rd lane of the ' smart ' section between J19 and 16 doing 70 ISH in the sprinter , see a car coming past at about 75 , the moron behind the wheel with his smart phone in his hand , , watched as he wandered about in the lane then realized he still had his windscreen wipers on , the annoying person was that engrossed in his Instagram/Facebook he hadn't noticed them 

Oh and he was driving an Audi , says it all really versprung terch whatsit 🙄

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Been working in Stoke this week , so got an early start down the M6 this morning , light traffic and dry roads after some early frost , so in the 3 rd lane of the ' smart ' section between J19 and 16 doing 70 ISH in the sprinter , see a car coming past at about 75 , the moron behind the wheel with his smart phone in his hand , , watched as he wandered about in the lane then realized he still had his windscreen wipers on , the annoying person was that engrossed in his Instagram/Facebook he hadn't noticed them 

Oh and he was driving an Audi , says it all really versprung terch whatsit 🙄

Four spring pork technique.

1 minute ago, voteronniegibbs said:

£50, 50 quid it's just cost to fill me car up with unleaded.

£1.43 a frickin litre, it's completely unnecessary for petrol to cost that much

I did the same earlier this week. It struck me that I once bought a car  ( a Morris Marina) for half of the price of that petrol.

I ran it for 7 months before it failed the MOT. Talk about  throwing good money after bad as in that 7 months I had to replace a brake lamp. I stripped out all of the parts and used them as a christmas tree for a Morris Ital that I bought and drove for a couple if years.

When I sold the Ital I reconditioned the old Marina engine and sold it on EBay for £125.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I did the same earlier this week. It struck me that I once bought a car  ( a Morris Marina) for half of the price of that petrol.

I ran it for 7 months before it failed the MOT. Talk about  throwing good money after bad as in that 7 months I had to replace a brake lamp. I stripped out all of the parts and used them as a christmas tree for a Morris Ital that I bought and drove for a couple if years.

When I sold the Ital I reconditioned the old Marina engine and sold it on EBay for £125.

25 quid for a Marina ? , You were robbed 😂

Seriously though I had one for years FNV715L white 1.8 coup'e , lent it to somebody who had hit hard times and needed transport to start a new job , stupid git set fire to it welding the cill , I'd have still had it now but for that 🙁

1 hour ago, voteronniegibbs said:

£50, 50 quid it's just cost to fill me car up with unleaded.

£1.43 a frickin litre, it's completely unnecessary for petrol to cost that much

so when all the taxis become electric and dont use fuel will all our taxi journeys be far cheaper than they are now? just a thought

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so when all the taxis become electric and dont use fuel will all our taxi journeys be far cheaper than they are now? just a thought

😂 , But more interesting , when we hit 50% electric , how much will a litre of unleaded cost those unable to afford a suitable electric powered vehicle ? 

On 27/10/2021 at 12:32, ivans82 said:

If the loading bays didn't specify that they were not for use by cars, why not use one of those?  My understanding is that 'loading' covers the carriage of goods both to and from a vehicle. 

When I have dropped off stuff at charity shops in Salisbury, I have taken a handwritten sign with me, to put on the dashboard, explaining that I am delivering to such a shop.

I've just been shaving and sliced just at the bottom of my left nostril. The blood is pouring out like I've been stabbed or something, it will just not stop! I've ended up sticking a cotton pad a bit up my nose and over the slice then sticking that down with a plaster, a right to do. I remember I once sliced my lip, my God that wouldn't stop bleeding either! 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've just been shaving and sliced just at the bottom of my left nostril. The blood is pouring out like I've been stabbed or something, it will just not stop! I've ended up sticking a cotton pad a bit up my nose and over the slice then sticking that down with a plaster, a right to do. I remember I once sliced my lip, my God that wouldn't stop bleeding either! 

Too much Warfarin with your Cornflakes. 😉

Clipping my toenails before getting in the shower as you do , corn on left small toe needed a trim but I went a tad too deep , like you the blood would not stop , towels claret soaked and it seemed ages before it subsided.

Only good thing was I was in the bathroom so easy clean up , told my mate and he came up with the Warfarin gag.

Just now, Stirlin said:

Too much Warfarin with your Cornflakes. 😉

Clipping my toenails before getting in the shower as you do , corn on left small toe needed a trim but I went a tad too deep , like you the blood would not stop , towels claret soaked and it seemed ages before it subsided.

Only good thing was I was in the bathroom so easy clean up , told my mate and he came up with the Warfarin gag.

I checked the wound after an hour of bandaging it up and its still bleeding, no where near as much as it was to start with but still is doing so a second dressing has gone on and I guess I'll check again before I go to bed. I wouldn't be too bothered and would just leave it through the night but I currently have a cold and I'm blowing my nose seemingly every 5 minutes so it's getting quite uncomfortable not being able to do that due to this cotton pad being shoved up there.

38 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I checked the wound after an hour of bandaging it up and its still bleeding, no where near as much as it was to start with but still is doing so a second dressing has gone on and I guess I'll check again before I go to bed. I wouldn't be too bothered and would just leave it through the night but I currently have a cold and I'm blowing my nose seemingly every 5 minutes so it's getting quite uncomfortable not being able to do that due to this cotton pad being shoved up there.

Its ' MOvember ' , grow a tache 😉

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Clipping my toenails before getting in the shower as you do

After a shower/bath, toenails are softer and thus easier to trim. Doing it just before is literally choosing the worst possible time to do that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

After a shower/bath, toenails are softer and thus easier to trim. Doing it just before is literally choosing the worst possible time to do that.

is it normal to get the mrs to just bite them off? or is that a village thing?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

You guys are going to be really angry when you find out they're actually decorations for Christmas 2022. :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You need CELOX.

Haemostats & Wound Dressings Quickly Clot Blood | Celox (celoxmedical.com)