Exercise4less at Wigan...

http://m.wigantoday.net/news/local/warriors-player-may-face-disciplinary-action-1-7937543

Doesn't name players but also states the exercise4less venue.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Powells is influence is causing the Cas players to show a lack of respect for officials.

Looks like Wanes influence is a positive one on his players.....

Powell had 2 instances of his players breaching moral standards last year (one didn't hit the headlines). Neither played for the club again. I wonder if Mr Wane will apply the same standards if it means losing his favourite pet thug!

I see whataboutism is alive and well in Calder. Of course, historyand best practice says the club will take action. Who, though, is this favorite pet thug you talk about? I think you should tell us.

In other news, Castleford Tigers have been officially renamed as Castleford Itsnotfair, playing at the Stampfoot Stadium.

So apparently Powells is influence is causing the Cas players to show a lack of respect for officials.

Looks like Wanes influence is a positive one on his players.....

Powell had 2 instances of his players breaching moral standards last year (one didn't hit the headlines). Neither played for the club again. I wonder if Mr Wane will apply the same standards if it means losing his favourite pet thug!

For my part I was musing on whether the coach moaning about refs making correct decisions was connected to a player being sin binned for moaning about a correct decision.

Which is 'not meant to come across as taking the moral high ground, more it is reflecting on cause and effect on the pitch.

In pretty much every other way Powell is a model coach and is massively and correctly lauded for it. Cas are a much praised and much loved team. I can see why you are anxious as part of the group likely to be scrapping for 8th, but read more broadly and you will see very wide neutral support for coach and club:

As for the correct course of action, let's wait and see before going and burning any more paediatricians' houses.

I see whataboutism is alive and well in Calder. Of course, historyand best practice says the club will take action. Who, though, is this favorite pet thug you talk about? I think you should tell us.

In other news, Castleford Tigers have been officially renamed as Castleford Itsnotfair, playing at the Stampfoot Stadium.

Stick to the thread John, seriously you Wigan fans seem obsessed with Cas at the moment

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Stick to the thread John, seriously you Wigan fans seem obsessed with Cas at the moment

Why wouldn't we comment?  The Cas team have put in some great performances recently as the few Wigan fans left on here have said. 

Twitter says Sooty has a broken jaw, there are a few more players involved, complete mess - will be interesting to see who gets out of this alive - Bateman for Aus this summer I think if he can go without a criminal record - allegedly

Yep and I don't know what the truth is - I do hope probably like everyone else that Sutty is cool, Mossop isn't a mess and Bateman still has a future and anyone else that was there is actually OK

I would prefer this had not happened but if it has get it out and deal with it quickly please

Surprised the media aren't all over this yet if it's true.

Just been on Talksport news that Manchester Police are investigating an incident at a gym in Wigan on Friday night.

Sounds like it's beginning to leak out into the factual world rather than just the Twitter and Facebook rumour one.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I have no idea what has happened. Never-the-less from what I gather whatever happened in a public place, seemed to consist of some sought of affray or assault. Hence it should not be hushed up and should be out in the open whether it consists of the general public or well known people.

If the club don't wish to comment or make little comment then that is up to them... for the police and media it should be clearly communicated what the reports are and why investigation.  For the media its a matter if its news worthy enough.

Although for the club I would have thought best approach is transparency. Never-the-less that's their choice but surprises me they don't communicate what the incident is and how they plan to deal with it.

The club has issued a statement, as have the police. There was a fight between 2 players, some damage was done to premises, no charges brought and the club are looking into it. Not terribly exciting. I hope that is sufficiently transparent to put people's minds at rest.

The club has issued a statement, as have the police. There was a fight between 2 players, some damage was done to premises, no charges brought and the club are looking into it. Not terribly exciting. I hope that is sufficiently transparent to put people's minds at rest.

pretty simple then, a simple fight between two people whom happen to be Wigan RL players.  Surprised with all the twitter stuff, just shows how people exaggerate. 

Quite so, though I doubt it will.

At a GYM!

RL players have not got the idea of this have they?

The idea is to get caught in a fracas outside a bordello in Tucson, captured on camera leaving a low Paris night club with a football wag or two in tow, seen in fisticuffs on the front page of the Sun inside a taxi with Adele, but caught outside a gym in Wigan! What caused it, who should have the running machine first or did someone's towel go missing?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

pretty simple then, a simple fight between two people whom happen to be Wigan RL players.  Surprised with all the twitter stuff, just shows how people exaggerate. 

I think there may have been a degree of wishful thinking involved. Even from some people who normally don't like to see bad news about Rugby League.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wane speaks. Warning:NSFW

I thought that was short for "News shows fighting Warriors" and was somewhat disappointed.

I thought that was short for "News shows fighting Warriors" and was somewhat disappointed.

I think your spellchecker is playing up - it replaced "relieved that nothing much out of the ordinary occurred" with "disappointed".

I think your spellchecker is playing up - it replaced "relieved that nothing much out of the ordinary occurred" with "disappointed".

Of course, must get it checked.

I think also that "NSFW" should perhaps have been "NSFWBC".

Archived