Exercise4less at Wigan...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're tough in Hull. Didn't flinch at the photo of Wane?

Didn't even notice him.

Thought it was related to an unconnected story in Cincinatti.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

In other Wigan-based news, they've dropped the 'Warriors' tag and replaced it with 'Whitewashers'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wasn't Leeds responses to the Hardacre incidents similar. I.e. Let's get all the facts together then act (or not as the case more or less was). Wigan under Lenegan have generally handled things quite well. Using terms like whitewash etc is a bit premature, let's give it a week so all the people involved can have their say etc, or are we all presumed guilty now in trial by Twitter?

Thought it was related to an unconnected story in Cincinatti.

What do you mean by that? Which news story did you have in mind?

I take it by that you're offended mate, apologies if so.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wasn't Leeds responses to the Hardacre incidents similar. I.e. Let's get all the facts together then act (or not as the case more or less was). Wigan under Lenegan have generally handled things quite well. Using terms like whitewash etc is a bit premature, let's give it a week so all the people involved can have their say etc, or are we all presumed guilty now in trial by Twitter?

Pretty much agree, although a week may not be long enough.

These things take time and shouldn't be conducted in public, for all people's desire to know what went on.... If the police are investigating then it could be a significant period of time before Wigan are in a position to make public statements apart from the most general. 

No doubt there are decisions about who plays on Friday night to be made.

So Wane say three or four players didn't train I'm going to say Mossop,Bateman,Sarginson Charnley and possibly S Tomkins.

I guess Shaun knows if there were three, or four players who didn't train.

I take it by that you're offended mate, apologies if so.

That was a WKRP joke, wasn't it? Or have I missed something?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quite so, though I doubt it will.

It's put my mind at rest that's for sure.

I'd heard a terrible rumour that these lads had criticised a referee. Now that would have warranted posts about respect, role models and questions of the ethos running through the club. Thankfully it was just a massive scrap that needed police intervention, time to move on and stop slurring the great Wigan name

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I know some Wigan fans have declared nothing to see here, but thats not what an investigation means.

It simply means no comment yet.

Hope none of the nastier rumours are true and it was something which can be dealt with internally with little fuss.

I certainly didn't say that, and I'm not sure who did. Most of us seem to be saying something similar to, let's let the investigation take its course and not try people by rumours on social media.

We know there's been an incident but let's be honest originally Twitter couldn't make up its mind whether the fight happened at the gym or at the racecourse (perhaps it happened at both perhaps it didn't). What's important is to make sure we know the facts before acting. Generally the club under Lenegan has acted with a decent amount of integrity.

I certainly didn't say that, and I'm not sure who did. Most of us seem to be saying something similar to, let's let the investigation take its course and not try people by rumours on social media.

We know there's been an incident but let's be honest originally Twitter couldn't make up its mind whether the fight happened at the gym or at the racecourse (perhaps it happened at both perhaps it didn't). What's important is to make sure we know the facts before acting. Generally the club under Lenegan has acted with a decent amount of integrity.

EW certainly played it down, referring to it as 'not terribly exciting', then John M commented, suggesting people shouldn't be discussing it.

I agreed with your last post, I think it is a sensible approach certainly around things where the police are involved. 

Twitter may be dismissed by people, but in the absence of great RL journos, it is often all we have for hearing news - this is how we found out about an incident, and despite Twitter being mocked, hey, it was true there WAS an incident.

That said, the comments do appear to range from "two lads giving each other Chinese burns" to "player glassed and needing 50+ stitches". I generally go with the approach that the truth will be at the lower end of the sensational claims!

EW certainly played it down, referring to it as 'not terribly exciting', then John M commented, suggesting people shouldn't be discussing it.

I agreed with your last post, I think it is a sensible approach certainly around things where the police are involved.

Twitter may be dismissed by people, but in the absence of great RL journos, it is often all we have for hearing news - this is how we found out about an incident, and despite Twitter being mocked, hey, it was true there WAS an incident.

That said, the comments do appear to range from "two lads giving each other Chinese burns" to "player glassed and needing 50+ stitches". I generally go with the approach that the truth will be at the lower end of the sensational claims!

Ah that explains it I put John M on ignore a while ago. I really should take him off it again.

then John M commented, suggesting people shouldn't be discussing it.

You'll have to remind me of where I did that.

Archived