Exercise4less at Wigan...

I confess to preferring documented fact over unsubstantiated rumour. I also prefer to be responsive rather than annoyed. In any case, given the forum's intense interest in all things Wigan, it would hardly be fair to expect issues like this not to be aired.

You're just a small town near Leigh on this forum buddy! ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're just a small town near Leigh on this forum buddy! ;)

I'll stick up for Wigan in this case, it's certainly not small. You want to try walking the considerable distance from the Anvil pub to the DW in the time recommended by the locals.

It's bloody miles.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That would be odd since both are in the 19 for the weekend.

If the rumour about 30 odd stitches was true mossop wouldn't be.

Or they may just be named in the squad to keep the gossip down. Could be a quick change to 2 or 3 players 1hr before kick off. I suppose we'll see when the Salford game starts.

Is that a fact? Loned to Hull KR? What a comedown.

Explains why you want a ticket for the derby.

Bateman glassed mossop and has been loaned to hull kr

I reckon if you put all those separate words in a bag, jumbled them up, then picked them out at random and placed them in a line, it would make as much sense.

Explains why you want a ticket for the derby.

TWo tickets, so we can both enjoy the contest and the rematch. Plus hoping for a sighting of those 100 Steve Reeds...

In terms of the alleged gym incident, there seems to be a complete news blackout, presumably at the request of that nice Mr Thaler.

This from the Court File in today's Telegraph and Argus:

John Bateman, aged 22, of ********* *****, West Bowling; driving without a licence, £333 fine, £118 costs, banned from driving for six months.

Can't be him, can it?

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

I always find it strange that one of the punishments for driving when you are not licensed is a ban from the thing you were not able to do in the first place.

Just an aside.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Or they may just be named in the squad to keep the gossip down. Could be a quick change to 2 or 3 players 1hr before kick off. I suppose we'll see when the Salford game starts.

Well wellity well wellity well...

Mossop is in though suggesting he wasnt glassed and needing 50 odd stitches as per a couple of rumours.

Maybe they stapled him up like Mick de Vere... :rolleyes: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How long does it take to do what would appear to be a relative simple investigation.   Agreed I don't know the incident but all suggestions suggest it was between Wigan players.... or did it also include others outside of the Wigan contingent or even witness outside of Wigan contingent. If it did then no way can Wigan be investigating them. So in either case it all comes down to Wigan players telling what happened.

Bateman as been suspended indefinitely whilst the investigation takes place!!!

for a month and a months wages

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

If true, and he comes back refreshed then that could work well for us and England.

Without being cynical, the break could do hhim good, particularly if he is back in time for the Cup. As long as Williams and Sam stay fit, then we are far less reliant on someone who can make something out of nothing (though in any case Gelling is back so he can take on that mantle).

I heard there was only a pie left and Mossop took it without asking teammates.

From what I've heard it was more like a "sausage roll". :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Shag your team mates Mrs and you get sacked. If only Wigan had the stance against somebody who bottles a team mate (allegedly)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived