02 Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 6pm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catalans 6:26 Wigan at the hooter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

another fantastic performance from wigan got to be red hot favourites to do the double now, shaun wayne manager of the month wigan team of the month.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Wigan were the better team, and that was without sinister influence from the game's bipedal alien lizard overlords.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan were the better team, and that was without sinister influence from the game's bipedal alien lizard overlords.

I for one welcome our new alien (insect) lizard overlords and would like to remind them that as a trusted TRL poster. I could be used to persuade people to work in their under ground sugar caves.

Catalans season has really hit the buffers lately. Wigan however are playing their best stuff of the season. All that talk of a new name on the trophy seems premature.

Hopefully Hull can run the cleaners through Leeds next week and show that Thursday was a one off.

Just caught up with this - I hope Cats' week has been a great success. Sometimes having to put on a show can be distracting. They will win plenty more before they're through and haven't got the distraction of the cup.

Great to see some young English talent in Sutton, Gildart, manfredi and Willliams playing so well. Good tries from the first 3. Sutton has particularly impressed me playing long minutes out of position. Good hands and feet, and brave with it.

We're shiiiiit.

Gigot and Richards yes.  The rest just out muscled on the day.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just caught up with this - I hope Cats' week has been a great success. Sometimes having to put on a show can be distracting. They will win plenty more before they're through and haven't got the distraction of the cup.

Great to see some young English talent in Sutton, Gildart, manfredi and Willliams playing so well. Good tries from the first 3. Sutton has particularly impressed me playing long minutes out of position. Good hands and feet, and brave with it.

McIllorum's injury has forced Sutton to step up, possibly before Wane wanted to put that burden on him. He's coming good, but it could have messed his development up if it hadn't gone well.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, agree with that. Sutton was my man of the match. He ran hard all game, tackled hard, as did all the Wigan Team. Another who stood out, first half, was Charnley. Never shy to take the ball out of defence.

Cats where caught out first half and both wingers where found wanting. Too much Wigan possession. Pellissier seemed injured to me, and with no real back up hooker Cats don't seem to have options going forward.

Not sure of the final attendance but we counted around 350 seats empty. Maybe pass holders/corporates that just didn't turn up. None the less Excellent atmosphere and great occasion.

Good win for Wigan, never an easy place to go. Especially good when you consider Wigan were still missing 7 (I think) first choice players.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Dont know where you saw 350 seats! Unless it was behind the posts behind where I was sat, Great academy game! Bad cannonball tackle by Wigan on the Catalans academy number 13! They really should take this out of the game!

Great academy game! Bad cannonball tackle by Wigan on the Catalans academy number 13! They really should take this out of the game!

They teach 'em young at Wigan.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Dont know where you saw 350 seats! Unless it was behind the posts behind where I was sat, Great academy game! Bad cannonball tackle by Wigan on the Catalans academy number 13! They really should take this out of the game!

There were around 90 seats at each end of Bonzomes (yellow seats) so easy to count. There where also around 80 at the left hand side (looking from the pitch) of Puig Albert and around 50 spread around the same stand. A few spread around in Guasch, where I sit - I know that stand, apart from some seats that are held for 'walk ins', is sold out to pass holders. Apart from those, the 350 is a round about figure.

Yep, the Wigan lad was third man in, quite late and aimed low, and immediately stood up and threw his hands up as if to say, I didn't do it. After treatment, as soon as the loose forward stood up his leg collapsed. Unsure if it was intentional but there was no caution.

Some good tries, particularly the one from Cats try line, full length of the field, through traffic, by the winger 2nd half.

They teach 'em young at Wigan.

We have suffered significantly from our players being injured, from both these sort of tackles and applying pressure to the neck - an example of which is causing massive problems to one of our players currently. Check your facts mate, as to whether we have a monopoly on skulduggery.

Is that an example of French humour? Come back marcel marceau all is forgiven.

I'm lost for words.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Gigot and Richards yes.  The rest just out muscled on the day.

Nope. 

The worst is not the "individual" performances. Richards has been dreadful all season long but yesterday was a new low as in he never wanted to play against Wigan. 

Seeing him smile after the game was another nail in his coffin for Catalans fans. 

The coaching is unbearable... what was the coach thinking putting Garcia and Duport just to avoid playing Escaré at FB. 

Also, Carney needs a good lesson. Albert outplayed him. Had the same number of tackles and kicks, twice the meters and half his age. 

But has said before, the individual aren't the worst. We played dumb. Play the ball, pass to the next guy, go to ground, play the ball, pass to the next guy and so on. 

Aaaand something needs to be said. how the ref allowed Tomkins to play him. Let's give rat boy a penalty when he's tackled, every time. 

Archived