29 Sept: SL Play Off Semi Final 1: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens
    • Draw
  2. 2. How many times will Eddie mention Saints' record at the Halliwell Jones Stadium?

• Never
    • Once
    • Twice
    • A billion

Bloody brilliant, the tantrums from Eddie, Stevo and Cummings make it all the sweeter. What a shower.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear evidence the try was scored!!

There really wasn't, if we had seen the ball on the ground there would have been.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Bit of class from Keiron, I think the Sky team could learn a thing or two.

Well done Wire. Unlucky Saints. Some you win, some you lose, whether it's through skillfull and deserving play or the referees aberrations. These things have a habit of evening themselves out. The emotive point is when and where this happens.

Fair play to Cunningham there.  Doubt some other coaches would of been so measured.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Bit of class from Keiron, I think the Sky team could learn a thing or two.

They tried their best to goad him into saying something he shouldn't though. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Bloody brilliant, the tantrums from Eddie, Stevo and Cummings make it all the sweeter. What a shower.

Lol... tend to agree. Warrington quite rightly won the game and this shower are whinging.

Well done Warrington; best side tonight and have been all season. Whilst I am disappointed my side lost tonight, it would have been a travesty if we'd got through as we've been awful and boring to watch all season.

Good luck in the final.

No definitive evidence whatsoever that the last try was scored, Cobb could never give that under the current interpretations. You can, and I would, argue that it should revert to benefit of the doubt to the attacking side, but as it stands it's the correct call from both on field and video refs.

TV Tony messed up not alerting Thaler to the bobble on the previous Wire try though. Anyway as ever, champion teams overcome adversity, including refereeing calls.

Also, whilst yes, those try/no try decisions were crucial it is incredibly annoying how the sky team almost make it their number 1 priority to look for refereeing mistakes.  The try where they went back and showed Russel not putting the ball on the line.  Ok, not correct, but they just love to undermine the officials at every opportunity.

So what constitutes clear evidence to suggest that it was a try? How could he have overturned the ref's decision?

It must be 100% clear, it never was. Looking like its on the line isn't it is definitely on the line. The protocol stupid

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It was a gripping last 10 minutes. Why oh why can't we play a bit more like that in the previous 80 as opposed to the 4 drives and an early kick.

The eternal question... absolutely breaks me; Percival rarely gets ball in space and Greenwood constantly stuck in the right second row when he runs awesome lines down the left...

The eternal question... absolutely breaks me; Percival rarely gets ball in space and Greenwood constantly stuck in the right second row when he runs awesome lines down the left...

What a waste of space that right side is.  Owens is so poor and Peyroux does nothing.  Hopefully Morgan will be an improvement and we'll get a fully fit and firing Makinson back, and actually a half back pairing who pass the ball out there!

Also, whilst yes, those try/no try decisions were crucial it is incredibly annoying how the sky team almost make it their number 1 priority to look for refereeing mistakes.  The try where they went back and showed Russel not putting the ball on the line.  Ok, not correct, but they just love to undermine the officials at every opportunity.

This, 100 times this.

Amazing how different your opinion of the refs performance can be when you're not listening to these clowns. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived