Sign in to follow this  
leaguefan13

New TV channel

Woohoo! The new TV finally arrived, so not only will I be able to receive this new channel, I can watch the Cup Final in HD too. :cool: 

• Like 3

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

46 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Woohoo! The new TV finally arrived, so not only will I be able to receive this new channel, I can watch the Cup Final in HD too. :cool: 

Enjoy mate. I recently took delivery of a new TV myself, and it's awesome.

Hope the final looks as good on TV as it will from my seat. In fact, as my tickets came free, and they are pretty much up in the Gods, I'm sure your new TV will knock my view into a cocked hat.

• Like 2

Not showing yet on my Sky EPG. I feel a grumble coming on.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just been having a look at forthcoming programmes in my EPG and, while there appears to be some items from Premier's broadcasting partners, it seems to be mostly Premier Sports programming, with plenty of NRL.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

48 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Just been having a look at forthcoming programmes in my EPG and, while there appears to be some items from Premier's broadcasting partners, it seems to be mostly Premier Sports programming, with plenty of NRL.

I feel a cancellation coming on.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 25/08/2017 at 2:03 PM, Womer said:

Freesports promo is now running on Sky and freesat.

for other satellite receivers (like mine) it's -

Frequency - 11426 V

FEC- 27500 - 5/6

Standard Defination only -no HD

Still not showing on my EPG

12 minutes ago, philipw said:

How do receive your TV broadcasts? Aerial or Satellite/Cable? Standard definition or HD? Sky, Virgin, FreeSat, something else?

Judging by Aunty's performance as a partner over women's ru and the Challenge Cup Final this is not a moment too soon!

All we need from them  now is a magazine programme each week!

Even money says the RFL are knocking at Freesport's door as we write

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

As womer as said it's there on 28E, Just that you need a different receiver to see it. it's just showing the ad that we have already seen.

Edited by Cherry and White

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977

wigan rl-wembley 1985

redsox-2004

GB RL-?????

Lancashire cricket 2011

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

How do receive your TV broadcasts? Aerial or Satellite/Cable? Standard definition or HD? Sky, Virgin, FreeSat, something else?

Sky HD box

1 hour ago, philipw said:

It all depends when Sky do a EPG and channel update - they are usually every week (probably Tuesday / Wednesday)

On my non Sky Sat receiver the channel isn't even called freesports yet it's 52556

Just now, philipw said:

Sky HD box

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Judging by Aunty's performance as a partner over women's ru and the Challenge Cup Final this is not a moment too soon!

All we need from them  now is a magazine programme each week!

Even money says the RFL are knocking at Freesport's door as we write

Do you really reckon Setanta/Premier/FreeSports actually have Sky levels of money to chuck about?

On 25/08/2017 at 11:28 AM, Womer said:

Next Thursdays running order on Freesports is this ....

0600 - Xiamen Marathon 2017
0700 - The UK Challenge
0730 - Swedish Speedway
0930 - The Magic of the FA Cup
1045 - Live - NRL Cowboys v Broncos
1245 - The FA Classic Collection
1315 - Skegness (stock car racing)
1415 - World of Free Sports
1445 - The Magic of the FA Cup
1600 - AC Milan Report
1630 - The Story of the FA Cup
1730 - The Story of the FA Cup
1830 - Xiamen Marathon 2017
1930 - On the Limit Sports
2000 - NRL Cowboys v Broncos
2200 - BVB World
2300 - FIFA Football
2330 - Barca TV

What Futtocks says in this thread is correct - do a rescan on Freeview, if you can get Talking Pictures TV you will get Freesports (Ch 95).

If you don't - you won't !

Its on my Talk Talk box and has been for over 2 months now

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

On 8/25/2017 at 11:28 AM, Womer said:

Next Thursdays running order on Freesports is this ....

0600 - Xiamen Marathon 2017
0700 - The UK Challenge
0730 - Swedish Speedway
0930 - The Magic of the FA Cup
1045 - Live - NRL Cowboys v Broncos
1245 - The FA Classic Collection
1315 - Skegness (stock car racing)
1415 - World of Free Sports
1445 - The Magic of the FA Cup
1600 - AC Milan Report
1630 - The Story of the FA Cup
1730 - The Story of the FA Cup
1830 - Xiamen Marathon 2017
1930 - On the Limit Sports
2000 - NRL Cowboys v Broncos
2200 - BVB World
2300 - FIFA Football
2330 - Barca TV

What Futtocks says in this thread is correct - do a rescan on Freeview, if you can get Talking Pictures TV you will get Freesports (Ch 95).

If you don't - you won't !

There's also a live NRL game on Friday,Saturday and Sunday mornings,as well as showing The Footy Show and Toronto's game Saturday night

Let's hope this new free channel carry on showing free to air rugby.

• Like 2

What will be interesting to see is how the Friday night Sky audience will react.

Will they defect to the Freesports offering with decent commentry than watching and listening to Hemmings'es inane blather ?

BTW slightly off topic, I have seen the ratings for the Sky RL matches since the channel renamings and the audience ratings have virtually halved from about 110,000 to around 62,000.

Sky have already said they are going to re evaluate their RL coverage when the current contract runs out, (and probably offer a lot less money).

Sky know full well that their satellite subs are falling - even for Premier League Football, (IPTV streaming is badly affecting them with all these £30 odd Android boxes floating about, though RL isn't affected by URL blocking, unlike PL football) though that's easy to get around, if you know what you're doing.

5 hours ago, Womer said:

What will be interesting to see is how the Friday night Sky audience will react.

Will they defect to the Freesports offering with decent commentry than watching and listening to Hemmings'es inane blather ?

BTW slightly off topic, I have seen the ratings for the Sky RL matches since the channel renamings and the audience ratings have virtually halved from about 110,000 to around 62,000.

Sky have already said they are going to re evaluate their RL coverage when the current contract runs out, (and probably offer a lot less money).

Sky know full well that their satellite subs are falling - even for Premier League Football, (IPTV streaming is badly affecting them with all these £30 odd Android boxes floating about, though RL isn't affected by URL blocking, unlike PL football) though that's easy to get around, if you know what you're doing.

I was worried this may happen with the viewing figures, in effect our games are now being shown on Sky Sports 8 instead of 1 and 2. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Its a strange setup as sky maybe used to have live sport on SS1 2 and 3 at the same time whereas now it could be SS1, 5 and 8 in effect. I believe that will have an effect.

Edit. Just looked and we have been the top performers on SS Arena but we have been as low as 39k. It just shows how low our figures could get for an RL only channel as at the moment we benefit from Skys number of subscribers.

These numbers are disastrous for RL and we should be speaking to Sky about more Main Event and Mix games.

Edited by Dave T

47 minutes ago, Dave T said:

These numbers are disastrous for RL and we should be speaking to Sky about more Main Event and Mix games.

Mix figures don't seem that much higher than for Arena?

Looking at those figures in a bit of a hurry it looks like domestic cricket has done pretty well out of the reconfiguring - I'm not sure regular T20 matches have always done so well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Mix figures don't seem that much higher than for Arena?

Looking at those figures in a bit of a hurry it looks like domestic cricket has done pretty well out of the reconfiguring - I'm not sure regular T20 matches have always done so well.

No I couldnt even tell you the Mix channel number now.

For the first couple of weeks I couldnt tell you arena either, now I know it is the 8th Sports Channel along.

I suppose of Sky are serious about havibg this range of sports then it is good we are top, but the channel looks very week.

Would be interesting to know how many viewers we got when we were also on main event vut we havent made top 10, could still have doubled the audience though.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Would be interesting to know how many viewers we got when we were also on main event vut we havent made top 10, could still have doubled the audience though.

That would be my question.  I'd hope we're more than doubling those very low numbers.

I'm unusual in that if I'm browsing sport I tend to start at 426 (ESPN for American sports) and work down to Main Event.  I'm sure most other people will go from Main Event and only move if that's not of interest.

Mix is on 121 by the way.  I know because I had to find it when Sky had a cricket clash and moved the game I was watching there, otherwise I'd still be ignorant.

Just now, gingerjon said:

That would be my question.  I'd hope we're more than doubling those very low numbers.

I'm unusual in that if I'm browsing sport I tend to start at 426 (ESPN for American sports) and work down to Main Event.  I'm sure most other people will go from Main Event and only move if that's not of interest.

Mix is on 121 by the way.  I know because I had to find it when Sky had a cricket clash and moved the game I was watching there, otherwise I'd still be ignorant.

I cant see too many pubs and clubs flicking through all the SS channels to find a live sport, probably the first 2 or 3. I know that is what Main Event is meant to be but I just dont think we will get the benefits of being on 'by accident' and seems to be far less opportunity to just be left on after a footy game.

I must admit to not being impressed with the channels. The amount of filler suggests there isnt anywhere near enough content for these.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I cant see too many pubs and clubs flicking through all the SS channels to find a live sport, probably the first 2 or 3. I know that is what Main Event is meant to be but I just dont think we will get the benefits of being on 'by accident' and seems to be far less opportunity to just be left on after a footy game.

I must admit to not being impressed with the channels. The amount of filler suggests there isnt anywhere near enough content for these.

Bear in mind that Sky don't have the rights to any Australian content (including the Ashes) from this winter and you wonder what on earth is going to be on SS Cricket from October to April.

• Like 1