7-8 Apr: Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Random tiger said:

Toulouse have 80 years of footy history. They play an open brand of football and I believe their promotion would be massive for the game.

Yeah one down 3 up for people who champion P&R 14 sides T O, TWP, London = History, expansion and the right thing to do ...what more could you ask?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, Random tiger said:

Toulouse have 80 years of footy history. They play an open brand of football and I believe their promotion would be massive for the game.

Featherstone have 97+ years of footy history. They play an open brand of football and I believe their promotion would be massive for the game.

BTW I really like Toulouse, they bring plenty to the game and I hope they continue to do well. I just don't buy into one team doing well being "better for the game" than another, even though you may be prepared to say "team X's relegation/non-promotion would be massive for the game". It's sport.

On 03/04/2018 at 11:37 AM, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 7th APRIL
Toulouse Olympique v Barrow Raiders KO 2pm (UK Time)

SUNDAY 8th APRIL 2018
Batley Bulldogs v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm
Halifax v London Broncos KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm

Toulouse by 26 

Toronto by 22 

Featherstone by 24 

London by 8 

Leigh by 30 

Swinton by 6

14 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Featherstone have 97+ years of footy history. They play an open brand of football and I believe their promotion would be massive for the game.

BTW I really like Toulouse, they bring plenty to the game and I hope they continue to do well. I just don't buy into one team doing well being "better for the game" than another, even though you may be prepared to say "team X's relegation/non-promotion would be massive for the game". It's sport.

Your right but I suppose the argument is that Toulouse have the potential to be a really big club while Featherstone probably don’t. It’s sport but it is interesting that whenever London look like they may win promotion some on here start talking about “minimum SL requirements “.?

13 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Your right but I suppose the argument is that Toulouse have the potential to be a really big club while Featherstone probably don’t. It’s sport but it is interesting that whenever London look like they may win promotion some on here start talking about “minimum SL requirements “.?

To be fair I think London will have some things to sort out in terms of their ground if they get back to SL, but if they gain promotion, they should go up. After all, the likes of Wakefield and Castleford have been allowed to continue in SL for years when their grounds wouldn't pass any reasonable "minimum requirements" criteria.

Some very generous winning margins for Toulouse against Barrow but seeing that Houles will be without Marcon, Ader and Marguerite who usually contribute loads of pace and points I think the margin will be a lot less, say 10 points.

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

Some very generous winning margins for Toulouse against Barrow but seeing that Houles will be without Marcon, Ader and Marguerite who usually contribute loads of pace and points I think the margin will be a lot less, say 10 points.

Are they all injured? 

Toulouse by 24

Batley by 6

Featherstone by 16

Halifax by 16  as the wheels fly off London Broncos.:sad:

Leigh by 32

Swinton by 4

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

Marcon been named in the 19

On 03/04/2018 at 11:37 AM, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 7th APRIL
Toulouse Olympique v Barrow Raiders KO 2pm (UK Time)

SUNDAY 8th APRIL 2018
Batley Bulldogs v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm
Halifax v London Broncos KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm

Toulouse by 22

Toronto by 8

Fev by 14

London by 2 

Leigh by 30

Sheffield by 8 

3 hours ago, oiseau said:

Bentley, Marion & Robin are out too, being rested along with Marcon. Ader & Marguerite are injured.

Archived