Sign in to follow this  
Gerrumonside ref

Footy Sweepstake - are you in?

I don't like football and won't be watching any games, but I'm up for this.  Count me in please.

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

17 names already on the list. If we get more than 32, I'll pair up some of you with the same team.

• Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

In. Good idea - I will decide whether or not to thank the organiser once I see which team I get.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

In. Good idea - I will decide whether or not to thank the organiser once I see which team I get.

...and Just Browny makes 20. Good progress in such a short time.

Remember, the FIFA World Cup is going to be dominating the media for the next few weeks, so if you're not interested in the matches, having an entry in this sweepstake will at least stop it being utterly tedious to you.

The prize, by the way, will be a photocopy of a nine bob note. Probably. Unless Gerrumonside lands that lucrative sponsorship deal he's been working on.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

What about making it a reverse prize?

Winner donates a tenner to the RL Benefit Charity. Or a charity of the organisers choice.

Whatever anyone else thinks  I will commit to paying it if I win.

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Harrummph!

I usually organise this and have done at least the last two World Cups if memory serves.

But I'm happy to retire in disgrace and hand the reigns over to some up and coming whippersnapper....or even Futtocks.

Regards, Sepp Blatter.

(Oh, count me in btw, my ban only precludes me from organising stuff I think.)

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Unless Gerrumonside lands that lucrative sponsorship deal he's been working on.

Are we going to have our faces on the side of Eddie Stobbart lorries? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

What about making it a reverse prize?

Winner donates a tenner to the RL Benefit Charity. Or a charity of the organisers choice.

Whatever anyone else thinks  I will commit to paying it if I win.

I'll bung a tenner to State of Mind when my team (Saudi Arabia Women Second XI) romp home with the cup.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yes, a tenner to a stated charity if your team wins, maybe a fiver if your team are losing finalists?

Or maybe someone can set up one of those donation pages and everyone gives £2 regardless (or more if not from Lancs) with anything raised going to RL Cares or SOM?

• Like 5

Ten places left to fill, but if you come late to the party, you will be paired with another TRL member.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, Johnoco said:

Yes, a tenner to a stated charity if your team wins, maybe a fiver if your team are losing finalists?

Or maybe someone can set up one of those donation pages and everyone gives £2 regardless (or more if not from Lancs) with anything raised going to RL Cares or SOM?

This

I don't think I will be interested for too long, so I'll have England. That'll keep me in until the 28th.

As it happens, I am going to miss England's final (group?) Match, as my daughter has a violin performance at St. Mary-in-the-Castle that evening, so I will be spared from having to watch a 0-3 loss to Belgium.

Edited by Bleep1673

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I don't think I will be interested for too long, so I'll have England. That'll keep me in until the 28th.

As it happens, I am going to miss England's final (group?) Match, as my daughter has a violin performance at St. Mary-in-the-Castle that evening, so I will be spared from having to watch a 0-3 loss to Belgium.

I realised last week that I'm in the US of A for the semis and the final. I mean literally the only major country that won't give a toss about the wc lol.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I realised last week that I'm in the US of A for the semis and the final. I mean literally the only major country that won't give a toss about the wc lol.

I was in The States a couple of weeks ago and there was definite interest in the Champions League final...

I’ll come in on the sweep if there is any space left, please. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Especially as they were woefully bad in qualifying , ending in losing to Trinidad 

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

I was in The States a couple of weeks ago and there was definite interest in the Champions League final...

I’ll come in on the sweep if there is any space left, please. 

You're in. Seven places left, then I start pairing latecomers with early birds. Any Wigan fans wanting to join in after 32 places have been filled will be matched in the draw with Just Browny. :cool:

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, marklaspalmas said:

1. Marklaspalmas

2. Gerremonside

3. Gingerjon

4. Futtocks.

5. DavidM

6. JonM

7. Tommygilf

8. Bleep1673

9. Johnoco

10. Red Willow

11. heartofGold

12. bobbruce

13. Shadow

14. Bearman

15. Wiltshire Rhino

16. JDINTHEHIZZOUSE

17. Exiled Townie

18. dixiedean

19. Just Browny

20. longboard

21. Old Frightful

22. Rodhill Rover

23. shrek 

24. Bucksyed 

25. MattSantos

26. BatleyBird

Hope this is accurate, Futtocks!

Can I nominate Steve Reed?

At least then he might have a team with a chance of winning summat this year.

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...