Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

23 Jun: Test Match: England v New Zealand (Denver)

England v New Zealand (Denver)  

160 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more
  2. 2. Guess the attendance

• Less than 5,000
    • 5,000 to 9,999
    • 10,000 to 14,999
    • 15,000 to 19,999
    • 20,000 to 24,999
    • 25,000 to 29,999
    • 30,000 to 40,000
    • Over 40,000

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/18 at 20:10

IMO it’ll be: 

Ratchford, Hall, Percy, Connor, Jerry.  Widdop, Lomax.

Graham, Roby, Hill.  Whitehead, SoL.  SB.  

Bench.  Taylor, TB, Bateman, Makinson.

Good team.

• Like 1

For me, i'd go with:

Makinson - McGilvary - Percival - Connor - Hall

Widdop - Lomax

Graham - Roby - Hill

Whitehead - S.Burgess

SOL

Bench:

Ratchford - Taylor - T.Burgess - Bateman

I Think Ratchford can come off the bench and offer more value as a utility. Could cover Hooker and Halves.
Looking forward to seeing how Percival goes against NRL quality centre's as i think he's really come on under Holbrook.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

17 named for the game.

Interestingly three wingers in the match day squad. Makinson to start at FB and Ratchford off the bench?..

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.23.44.png

1. Ratchford

2. Hall

3. Percival

4. Connor 

5. McGilvary

6. Lomax

7. Widdop

8. Graham

9. Roby

10. Hill

11. Sam Burgess

12. Whitehead

13. SOL

14. Tom Burgess

15. Taylor

16. Bateman

17. Makinson

Makinson to come on at centre, with Connor playing as an extra half or hooker when that happens. 

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

IMO it’ll be: 

Ratchford, Hall, Percy, Connor, Jerry.  Widdop, Lomax.

Graham, Roby, Hill.  Whitehead, SoL.  SB.  

Bench.  Taylor, TB, Bateman, Makinson.

Good team.

Very good team. Arguably the best pack of forwards in world rugby.

3 hours ago, Big Picture said:

The picture in that twitter post by The Came Caller shows lacrosse markings.  According to Wikipedia a lacrosse field is 110 yards long (100 metres) by 60 wide, and that other line visible to the near side of the sideline is 6 yards beyond it, so 60 metres (66 yards) should be no problem and maybe they could make it slightly wider than 60 metres.  From the picture it looks like they could just about accommodate a full 10-metre deep goal area in addition to a full-length correctly marked field too.

Yes. It looks it. Certainly better than the old Knowlsley Rd !!!

I suspect the US fans will love it...

11 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes. It looks it. Certainly better than the old Knowlsley Rd !!!

I suspect the US fans will love it...

I just hope that they ensure that correct field markings are in place, those will subliminally underscore the parallels between RL and gridiron to anyone who grew up watching the latter.

9 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

I just hope that they ensure that correct field markings are in place, those will subliminally underscore the parallels between RL and gridiron to anyone who grew up watching the latter.

Might only be a small thing but I do think games look better with a properly marked out pitch with numbers actually on the field not some small specsavers boards at the side which the players throw out of the way. Always like a logo in the middle of the pitch as well, all those little things just add to the spectacle I think, I know it's not particularly important but then again the nfl don't turn up at Wembley, paint a few lines across the pitch and leave it at that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Might only be a small thing but I do think games look better with a properly marked out pitch with numbers actually on the field not some small specsavers boards at the side which the players throw out of the way. Always like a logo in the middle of the pitch as well, all those little things just add to the spectacle I think, I know it's not particularly important but then again the nfl don't turn up at Wembley, paint a few lines across the pitch and leave it at that. 

It's a small but vital thing.  Every major sport is always presented with one standard set of field/court/rink markings laid down in their rule book which doesn't vary, so if RL wants to be seen as a major sport it has to follow suit.  Why the Brits don't understand that is beyond me.

• Like 2

Can't wait for this. Glad the local news outlets are reporting on it and the local organizations are promoting it. 20k would be a good effort, might even push higher with some more promotional work this week. 30k would be amazing.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

There will also be a walk up gate if the weather is good....haven't been on the thread or read it for awhile so let me guess....crowd will be between 25 000-30 000.  All those people that thought it couldn't work.....would be a failure.....crazy idea......became frightened of a disaster......when are people going to wake up and seize the moment to expand into NA?  Its a definite GO!  

Understand that this opportunity for expansion is  a window and won't last forever....I really don't know what RL is waiting for....you gotta believe!  Hoping for a close, hard hitting affair...any word on what Haka NZ is going to do?

28 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Hoping for a close, hard hitting affair...any word on what Haka NZ is going to do?

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I assume it will be the Te iwi Kiwi.

Yep, that’s the only one they do. Unique to League.

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I assume it will be the Te iwi Kiwi.

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yep, that’s the only one they do. Unique to League.

Thanks for that..I knew they have a few in Union but only one in League...a fella learns new things every day and thats mine for today!

Thanks again.

Edited by Kayakman

@BradWalterSport
Jun 19

Mile High War Cry - there’s plenty of promotion for the Denver Test with these posters being  virtually the first thing I saw in the 16th Avenue Mall. They are about every 15 metres.

DgApFKbUEAEF_wh.jpg

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

5 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You're not the only one that's excited!

Scotty Taylor on American TV, who'd have thought it. He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Scotty Taylor, he's one of our own!! 

It would have been even better if he hadn't inadvertently demonstrated that RL is a small-time game in the UK by saying that six months ago he wouldn't have believed that he could be playing a match there.  A player who's already represented England three times during his career should be more careful what he tells the media.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

It would have been even better if he hadn't inadvertently demonstrated that RL is a small-time game in the UK by saying that six months ago he wouldn't have believed that he could be playing a match there.  A player who's already represented England three times during his career should be more careful what he tells the media.

What should he have said?  

• Like 1

Majority of the $15 tickets released at the ends of the ground have been snatched up. A lot of the other price points are moving slower.

Hopefully organisers continue to open up areas at the cheaper price point. If this is what people are prepared to spend, better to get them into the ground than not.

• Like 1

signature.jpg

37 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Maybe they should have sent him home?!

You’ve missed the big picture: endearing himself to the exact audience the promoters are trying to sell the game to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What should he have said?  

He should left out the part which I noted.  You wouldn't hear an England soccer or RU player expressing that it was unbelievable to play at such a venue.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Maybe they should have sent him home?!

You’ve missed the big picture: endearing himself to the exact audience the promoters are trying to sell the game to.

Expressing how great it is to play at the same stadium as Peyton Manning is fine, it's the part about it being previously unbelievable which needs to be left out.