Dewsbury v Batley part 3

Batley Bob

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Game of two halves. The ridiculous sin binning, possible official change, uncharacteristic mistakes x2 by Scotty and 2 clean drops for certain forwards tries metres out from sticks all made it too much go in front.

There was passion there and definite amounts of energy but the rams did nothing spectacular apart from a better kicking game and were worthy loosers.

Positives:- welcome back johnny, frenchie is a real tonic and james Harrison awesome but is this due to him securing a gig elsewhere 

why was the sin binning ridiculous breaks 50m up field all your players off side and he holds down to give them time to get back he had no complaints as he jogged straight off field

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Sorry BSJ best team didn't win. But that said we were rubbish as are Dewsbury and with the arrival of big spending York and Bradford it's between Seaguls barrow and both HW teams for the drop if you can't see that you really are blind!

Funny we never are when we beat the dogs .Whats up with both teams basic rugby. At one point in the season we had ball in hand for 30 minutes cant win matches on that statistics .Its not the coaches fault all he can do is send them out .Once they cross the whitewash its up to them.

I can accept a professional foul when it's a clear try scoring opportunity.

How often do we see them just given as penalties with an eventual team warning following a further 5 in an hour.

It's a a modern part of our game now unfortunately but players are given back slaps or high 5s for cheating/ milking/ being awarded penalties = piggy backs and cheap yardage.

I used to think only soccer players were bent but our lads are now experts at entangling and pretending their impeded around the ruck. "Hands in" used to be pretty obvious

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, 9' oller said:

I can accept a professional foul when it's a clear try scoring opportunity.

How often do we see them just given as penalties with an eventual team warning following a further 5 in an hour.

It's a a modern part of our game now unfortunately but players are given back slaps or high 5s for cheating/ milking/ being awarded penalties = piggy backs and cheap yardage.

I used to think only soccer players were bent but our lads are now experts at entangling and pretending their impeded around the ruck. "Hands in" used to be pretty obvious

Agree that most refs just give a penalty, but it was a professional foul. Fev did the same and got away with it. I was pleased that the substitute ref gave a couple of penalties for dissent. Cheating and arguing with the ref are two facets of the game I'd be happy to see the back of.

9 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

where was all the batley fans? usually bring more than that. around 300 must be getting really upset with this coach not to turn up to derby....... up the rams

300 is 75% of our support...according to your calculations...

how many do you take away 101%?…

what was the official attendance btw?...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Agree that most refs just give a penalty, but it was a professional foul. Fev did the same and got away with it. I was pleased that the substitute ref gave a couple of penalties for dissent. Cheating and arguing with the ref are two facets of the game I'd be happy to see the back of.

I quite agree with you.

Just out of interest though, how many games per season do you think Sykes would play, if all referees penalised players for arguing?

My guess would be, he would be suspended more times than Gareth Hock. :)

6 hours ago, RPH said:

Let’s not get into this argument again,we’ve got more fans than you malarkey,probably about the same. How both clubs would love to get more people through the turnstiles but it is what it is.

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I quite agree with you.

Just out of interest though, how many games per season do you think Sykes would play, if all referees penalised players for arguing?

My guess would be, he would be suspended more times than Gareth Hock. :)

I get fed up with Sykes arguing. He's been sin binned a couple of times and we struggle with 13 players let alone 12, but he seems to have toned it down a bit recently. But no excuse for how he carries on at times.

10 hours ago, RPH said:

Surprisingly it was 1501, after I and many others had forecast that we would struggle to attract 1000.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

26 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Surprisingly it was 1501, after I and many others had forecast that we would struggle to attract 1000.

Got to say, it didn't look that many. Can't see why the figures would be exaggerated though - I doubt we would be able to afford a higher salary cap.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I too was surprised at the number. Just before KO the covered stand only had a sparse few! Just on another matter does anyone one know if the white haired gentlemen is OK? He seemed to collapse at the rear of the stand and was taken away by St John's I think.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, RPH said:

as said before 1501 happy with that to say where we are i thought it would be around 1100 before game

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I too was surprised at the number. Just before KO the covered stand only had a sparse few! Just on another matter does anyone one know if the white haired gentlemen is OK? He seemed to collapse at the rear of the stand and was taken away by St John's I think.

Not heard anything PM,apparently it took 2hrs for a ambulance to arrive. If I hear anything I’ll let you know,thanks for asking.

8 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Let’s not get into this argument again,we’ve got more fans than you malarkey,probably about the same. How both clubs would love to get more people through the turnstiles but it is what it is.

don't pick on me.....I'm not arguing.....Ramsfandan is the one stood at the front counting heads....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

And is all they can shout , forward , never seen a forward pass

All very well seeing expansive rugby like this....on the occasion we don't drop passes, but some players seem to have adopted the old Mick Booth tackling technique of 'stick arm out and jump out of way'....especially when near our line.

i especially liked the dramatic over arm signal of the try by referee....i missed that on the day.

Superb sir!!! 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

And is all they can shout , forward , never seen a forward pass

Cmon Rob so your telling me that there wasn’t at least one forward pass there? Had to laugh when batley fans where shouting for a forward pass for Gareth Potts try when it clearly came off a Batley hand,oh deary me??that knowles dissallowed try just on half time was never forward either ?anyway as Coolie says read the papers and it will say Dewsbury Rams 23 Batley 20??

20 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Cmon Rob so your telling me that there wasn’t at least one forward pass there? Had to laugh when batley fans where shouting for a forward pass for Gareth Potts try when it clearly came off a Batley hand,oh deary me??that knowles dissallowed try just on half time was never forward either ?anyway as Coolie says read the papers and it will say Dewsbury Rams 23 Batley 20??

No forward pass or it would have been disallowed by the officials

IMG_0583.JPG

Know I know who the ref was by his arm action, we had him recently up at the Mount just can't remember which match.

Archived