Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

20 players at this week's disciplinary...

....and only 4 are charged....3 of those are from Hull KR and all 3 receive at least 1 match penalty notice :

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary

Seeing as they will all now miss the televised derby on Friday, have the RFL got a soft spot for Hull FC and their incredible injury problems? 

As this is a thread topic, I'm rather hoping my pal Steve Reed will be able to read this and give me the benefit of his observations...

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

....and only 4 are charged....3 of those are from Hull KR and all 3 receive at least 1 match penalty notice :

Seeing as they will all now miss the televised derby on Friday, have the RFL got a soft spot for Hull FC and their incredible injury problems? 

As this is a thread topic, I'm rather hoping my pal Steve Reed will be able to read this and give me the benefit of his observations...

You're a terrible man OF ?

19 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

You're a terrible man OF ?

Your honour, I was merely thinking back to Mr Reed's constant suggestions that the RFL Disciplinary are not fit for purpose.

He may consider this week's findings further proof.

• Like 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Yes.The RFL have a soft spot for Hull FC.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yes.The RFL have a soft spot for Hull FC.

That's why a Wakey ref took charge of Wakey v Hull yesterday.

Made all the difference...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That's why a Wakey ref took charge of Wakey v Hull yesterday.

Made all the difference...

Strange I didn't hear any complaints from Mr Radford,about the referee.

He does seem good in his after game interviews.

Are you suggesting your friends in the RFL pick particular referees in a biased way?

Are you suggesting referees are in any way prejudiced towards a team representing the place of birth of that referee?

Did you want the referee to start defending for you? 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Are you suggesting your friends in the RFL pick particular referees in a biased way?

Are you suggesting referees are in any way prejudiced towards a team representing the place of birth of that referee?

Think it was said tongue in cheek, guys...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

RFL got a soft spot for Hull FC and their incredible injury problems? 

The obvious retort after Hull's weekend is the RFL thought there was a good case  for the defence for these offenders.  

47 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

47 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Yeah, nothing to do with terrible defence. 

Good grief. Did you two seriously think I was suggesting that a different ref would have meant that a 72-10 defeat might have been overturned?

As Wellsy hinted, 'twas merely said in jest. I was there, we were bloody hopeless.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

"No Charge" for Hock and Clubb? They're obviously not trying hard enough.

??

Hock's up for a Grade D from the same game (v Swinton). TBH I think he's very lucky with the 'no charge' offence - the video must have been shot from the blindside!

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

They didn’t charge Hull ?

Danny Bridge of Oldham gets a 9 month ban for contact with a match official.

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights Editor, Doncaster RLFC. Freelance RL Photographer.

http://www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

r82photography.photoshelter.com

18 minutes ago, robt said:

Danny Bridge of Oldham gets a 9 month ban for contact with a match official.

Bloody hell, what did he do?

Chris Houston must be thinking he's living a rather charmed life.

17 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Bloody hell, what did he do?

Chris Houston must be thinking he's living a rather charmed life.

There's a video of the incident on Twitter, although it isn't too clear.

Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: World Club Challenge Preview - The tale of chances galore!  https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/02/world-club-challenge-preview-tale-of.html

On 7/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Hock's up for a Grade D from the same game (v Swinton). TBH I think he's very lucky with the 'no charge' offence - the video must have been shot from the blindside!

Hock got a 3 match ban

15 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I can't help but feel you shouldn't be getting a second chance in RL for that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chris22 said:

crikey - proper 80's style clothes-line that one.....never seen it done on a ref though.!!