12 Aug: Qualifiers: Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/18 at 14:00

O'Brien converts.

0-14.

2 mins left.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halifax were always going to give it a good go in the first game at home to a team from the same division. If this game had been at the end of the qualifiers it might have been a bigger margin.

solid win for Toronto and good dig by fax. Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Not a bad effort from the Part time team in defence. Once again Fax struggle in attack and is probably why they will not win in the 8s.

Not sure Toronto are good enough to go up. For all the money they are spending they have struggled the last 2 games against part time teams. They did not impress today. Can see London sneaking past them for a SL spot.

Just now, Krzzystuff said:

Ok so who was injured in the game? Kay and it sounded like Pato was limping around as well

And Russell too. Both wingers went off 1st half. Dixon and Patterson played centres. Centres played wing.

6 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Not a bad effort from the Part time team in defence. Once again Fax struggle in attack and is probably why they will not win in the 8s.

Not sure Toronto are good enough to go up. For all the money they are spending they have struggled the last 2 games against part time teams. They did not impress today. Can see London sneaking past them for a SL spot.

Toronto still has a good shot at going up.  The 14-point margin today was basically the same as when they played in Halifax in February and Toronto won 20-6, and they have four of their remaining matches at home.

Defences on top, so I doubt Halifax will be too disheartened by a loss when scores were so hard to come by.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Halifax look like they will upset at least one team in the qualifiers 

Halifax and Toronto to go up! (For the good of the sport!)

Salford and widness down

Halifax and London in the MPG Halifax win. (you heard it here first folks!)

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Yeah below par performance by us with the ball. You simply can't turn over the ball early in the tackle count as much as we did today. I thought we would give them a much tougher game than we actually did so a bit disappointed overall.

52 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Halifax look like they will upset at least one team in the qualifiers 

Not on that performance. Like LRL says you can't see us winning a game from this point. Defence is brilliant but you can't defend all the game like we have to do because our ball control is poor.

51 minutes ago, DavidM said:

All four qualifiers each week should be on telly ! They’re interesting  with every game really counting 

Yes indeed. 4 really intriguing and hard to predict games coming up next week too.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not on that performance. Like LRL says you can't see us winning a game from this point. Defence is brilliant but you can't defend all the game like we have to do because our ball control is poor.

If defence isn’t right you will never win, but nonetheless, Fax are an improving side.  

5 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

At the shay!

1534080370021612290142.jpg

Typical - no Toronto fans to be seen!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Both teams were misfiring in attack, Toronto will be relieved to have managed to get the win. If Fax had managed to get any of their fifth plays to work out, it could have been a win for them.

Liam Kay's injury looks a bad one, the others less so. I wish Bussey would control his temper, he's had a dig in the ribs and may be unfit for the next game(s) but to be honest they could do without his inability to control the niggle.

Even though the crowd was small, I thought it was going to be big when we were outside prematch. Plenty of players, Scott Grix, Leroy Cudjoe and others, plenty of fans from other clubs, Widnes, Wire, Giants, were all milling about. 

Both clubs won't trouble the SL teams, even Widnes, playing like today, but both have had a break that doesn't always help, and I'm sure they'll both play much better next round. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Halifax and Toronto to go up! (For the good of the sport!)

Salford and widness down

Halifax and London in the MPG Halifax win. (you heard it here first folks!)

At  best (or should it be worst) a Championship side has a chance despite being a 'non qualifier'.... that is 5th out of a top 4 'qualifier'.  That is, the team that was not good enough to get in the 'qualifiers' gets a chance to beat the team that had already 'qualified'.

Perversly a team that 'qualified' 4th out of the list of top 4s that 'qualify' to stay/go up may get 'unqualified' by the team that finishes 5th outside the top 4 'qualifiers'.

No matter how bad your brain hurts, it still ends up a Mickey Mouse system.

31 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

At  best (or should it be worst) a Championship side has a chance despite being a 'non qualifier'.... that is 5th out of a top 4 'qualifier'.  That is, the team that was not good enough to get in the 'qualifiers' gets a chance to beat the team that had already 'qualified'.

Perversly a team that 'qualified' 4th out of the list of top 4s that 'qualify' to stay/go up may get 'unqualified' by the team that finishes 5th outside the top 4 'qualifiers'.

Nah. I just look at it with different experience.   Top 3 qualify, 4 and 5 play off (like in oh so many other sports. This is the post season after all)

59 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I guess you think the SL GF is the end result of a Mickey Mouse system too?

14 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Nah. I just look at it with different experience.   Top 3 qualify, 4 and 5 play off (like in oh so many other sports. This is the post season after all)

Yes this is the point though. 'Qualifiers' are fake.

If we must have something other than a straight 1 up 1 down, then yes have a plain top 5. Take the bottom club and the top 4 in Championship. Have a 5 team  McIntyre System where each bottom team is gradually whirled down to a Final. Every one would have a second chance except the 1st elimination round.

Certainly the bottom super league club might lose, but it at least finished bottom of its own table in the first place. In the insane Qualifiers, the nr 9 team might miss out thanks to some fluke or other. A bonkers system.

Archived