16 Aug: Super 8s: Wakefield Trinity v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/18 at 18:45

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just glad to see James Child is nowhere near this fixture.  Going to enjoy watching the two top scoring teams in Super League hammer it out I hope.

I'll go for a 28-28 draw.

P.S.

Please don't mess with the team Chris.?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Just glad to see James Child is nowhere near this fixture.  Going to enjoy watching the two top scoring teams in Super League hammer it out I hope.

I'll go for a 28-28 draw.

P.S.

Please don't mess with the team Chris.?

I take it you’ve forgotten the masterclass served up Gareth Sewer in April, a man so poorly shaped, he had no chance of keeping up with play. 

Fully expecting the vultures to be circling after our third loss on the bounce this evening. We always struggle against Wakefield, especially at their place and this will be no different. 

Will we rotate? We’ve got this far into a season without rotation and we’re clearly fatigued, so no, we absolutely won’t rotate. 

Will Ben Barba actually be fit? I doubt it. He looks a shadow of himself and has been playing busted for weeks, including in the lead up to the Challenge Cup Semi-Final and it sounded as they he’d had a shocker against Huddersfield last week. 

Will our pack be as powderpuff and weak as normal? No. They’ll be worse. Luke Thompson has been banned for throwing a ball when he scored last week and it bouncing up and hit the in goal official. Harsh but the letter of the law says he should be banned and he is. That leaves us relying on the likes of Kyle Amor, a man so weak he should be named Seven Days and Luke Douglas, an old war horse who’s seen better days. We’ll probably also see Matty Lees but he’s incredibly raw and looks like he could be a penalty waiting to happen. Hopefully Jack Ashworth gets a go this evening, I was very impressed with him when he played against Wigan earlier this year. 

9 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Will Ben Barba actually be fit? I doubt it. He looks a shadow of himself and has been playing busted for weeks, including in the lead up to the Challenge Cup Semi-Final and it sounded as they he’d had a shocker against Huddersfield last week. 

Saint's problem is that Barba's head and body have been separated by 10,000 miles for quite some time.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I think the result will depend a lot on whether the Saints pack turn up and take it to a much bigger Wakey pack.

For most of the season Thompson had been the one giving the go forward and Peyroux had led the line with our edge defence. With these 2 missing and no Walmsley then they need someone else to stand up and take on those roles.

Problem is I just can't see who? 

I think this is heading for another Saints loss! 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

There’s that interpretation of tackled in the air in it’s full ridiculous glory 

If anything it was obstruction.

If anyone's going to win "by plenty", maybe they should get a move on.

Still nil-nil.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A now-classic diving touchdown from Makinson opens the scoring.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived