Sean O’Loughlin to Leeds

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure he puts a shift in , but IMO I find the love in from commentators way over the top . They drone on about him like he’s a mix of Gordon Tallis and Wally Lewis . Even basic stuff is overhyped . Half the time I’m wondering what amazing stuff he’s doing 

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

So fantastic that Wigan are getting rid?  

Contact finishing and getting rid are two completely different things. If O'Loughlin can get a lot more money elsewhere he would be foolish not to consider it when it will be his last payday.

One mark of a champion club is when to move their best players on. Surprised no-one has seen the parallel with Ellery Hanley moving to Leeds in the 90s. Not sure if Wigan today have a Phil Clarke coming through though!

1 minute ago, nkpom said:

One mark of a champion club is when to move their best players on. Surprised no-one has seen the parallel with Ellery Hanley moving to Leeds in the 90s. Not sure if Wigan today have a Phil Clarke coming through though!

A lot of truth to that too. In many way the Leeds decline can be attributed to managing that very badly and holding on to too many aging, declining players for too long.

Although Leeds got four very productive years out of Hanley so it certainly wasn't a bad deal from our POV.

Old Poodlehead though.... good player but not exactly in Hanley's league. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't made up rubbish.

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Contact finishing and getting rid are two completely different things. If O'Loughlin can get a lot more money elsewhere he would be foolish not to consider it when it will be his last payday.

Definately agree.  Been a great player but not many paydays left.  Get what you can.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure he puts a shift in , but IMO I find the love in from commentators way over the top . They drone on about him like he’s a mix of Gordon Tallis and Wally Lewis . Even basic stuff is overhyped . Half the time I’m wondering what amazing stuff he’s doing 

I think he's one of the top 5 players I've seen in Superleague.  Unfortunately he's been restricted by injuries and is now cracking on a bit to be leading a top side.  I think the rumour has legs, he's probably the leader that Leeds need and they can maybe afford to pay him a good wedge of cash to do it for a year before Edwards arrives.

It would be a massive gamble for Leeds but how many generals are out there at the moment?

29 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I think he's one of the top 5 players I've seen in Superleague.  Unfortunately he's been restricted by injuries and is now cracking on a bit to be leading a top side.  I think the rumour has legs, he's probably the leader that Leeds need and they can maybe afford to pay him a good wedge of cash to do it for a year before Edwards arrives.

It would be a massive gamble for Leeds but how many generals are out there at the moment?

Top five loose forwards I’d give you but top five players?. I’m not even sure he’d get in Wigan’s top five SL players. 

3 hours ago, Damien said:

A lot of truth to that too. In many way the Leeds decline can be attributed to managing that very badly and holding on to too many aging, declining players for too long. Wigan teams always look fit and mean; from what I've seen on the telly, those are not qualities I'd have attributed to Leeds this season.

That's true but Sinfield needs to find a proper captain to replace the unconvincing ones they've had since he retired. I bet he could bring the careers of Oledski and Ormondroyd on a treat.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

6 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

That's true but Sinfield needs to find a proper captain to replace the unconvincing ones they've had since he retired. I bet he could bring the careers of Oledski and Ormondroyd on a treat.

I think you've messed up the quote of me a bit ?

Archived