Australia vs Tonga

B rad

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Good grief! It's like people on here were hoping that the Aussies would lose, and any result to the contrary would be met with blame aimed at the referee regardless of whether it is warranted or not

Yep that's about right

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Yorkshire Knight said:

Good grief! It's like people on here were hoping that the Aussies would lose, and any result to the contrary would be met with blame aimed at the referee regardless of whether it is warranted or not

Australia deserve their victory, and I think the ref did a good job... But, and that's flogging a dead horse again, I don't understand why there can't be a neutral ref.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

There is a kiwi who has officiated in the NRL for a few years now which makes the choice of Sutton even more puzzling.

Who was the Referee in Denver?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Great game and Oz deserved it on the whole.

I see the miseries turned up again, oh dear. If they don't like the game why post, why turn up, why bother?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 minutes ago, Allora said:

You know exactly who it was and for the millionenth time we do not like it.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

6 minutes ago, Allora said:

Another wrong choice.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, jacksy said:

You know exactly who it was and for the millionenth time we do not like it.

Who said Australians wanted an Aussie Ref?

I thought the Aussie Ref tried to hard to look unbiased and penalized the Aussies for nothing, what was the penalty count?

The thing is when its an English Ref, it barely gets mentioned and just goes through to the keeper.

Hypocrisy at its best. 

It may not have been the greatest match I've ever seen, but it could be the greatest one I've ever heard,

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoyed the game, although the result was important for the players in the overall view of the sport the occasion and competitive nature of the game were more important. The winging about the ref is really not nessessary we spend too much time talking about that than the game. 

This is what the Pacific nations needed so they can build on the world Cup. 

Just now, Oxford said:

You're spoiled Futtocks, that's your problem!?

If you're a Rugby League fan, it is unavoidable.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

If you're a Rugby League fan, it is unavoidable.

Exactly which begs the question how can people end such miserable gits when they have TGG?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Hopefully this game stops the Nrl bashing that is very frequent on this forum. Yes they could do more but this would not have happened without the Nrl and the Kangaroos taking a pay cut for this game. Tonight was a great advert for the international game unlike that embarrassing cock up of a fixture the Rfl served up on Wednesday.

19 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Hopefully this game stops the Nrl bashing that is very frequent on this forum. Yes they could do more but this would not have happened without the Nrl and the Kangaroos taking a pay cut for this game. Tonight was a great advert for the international game unlike that embarrassing cock up of a fixture the Rfl served up on Wednesday.

I think the frustration is that international RL could be so much better,as an occasion tonight will live long in supporters memories,but it needs repeating and built on,something I'm not too sure will happen with enough regularity.

How long ago would a game between these two teams have ended in a 50+ win for the Kangaroos at a canter?

It shows the progress of the international game despite the disappointment of the Tongans looking a little underdone.

We just need more more more

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

How long ago would a game between these two teams have ended in a 50+ win for the Kangaroos at a canter?

It shows the progress of the international game despite the disappointment of the Tongans looking a little underdone.

We just need more more more

All it takes is a few big name heritage players and Boom

Archived