Eric Perez buys Hemel’s licence, with plans to create second Canadian club (Merged Threads)

On 3/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Manx RL said:

Has Perez bought Hemel’s licence? 

I haven't been following this thread but just dipped in today.

Part of the reason I have not been following it is because of the very flawed title.

I don't know whether it has been brought up in previous posts but there is no such thing as a license to be sold by Hemel or for Mr Perez to buy.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, North but south said:

Which would still mean Boston and LA was missed. 

I used to fly to Chicago from Manchester several times a year. They don't seem to do that any more. Was always busy compared to places like philly

JetBlue are looking at starting up trans-Atlantic but most likely from New York initially. 

I’d expect a direct flight to Boston to be forthcoming soon. 

4 hours ago, Bearman said:

I haven't been following this thread but just dipped in today.

Part of the reason I have not been following it is because of the very flawed title.

I don't know whether it has been brought up in previous posts but there is no such thing as a license to be sold by Hemel or for Mr Perez to buy.

Maybe he’s bought their social clubs booze licence. Bit like buying London Bridge.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 hours ago, Bearman said:

but there is no such thing as a license to be sold by Hemel or for Mr Perez to buy.

I think it has something to do with the power of a healine to attract customers.

It works on the same principle of writing a message on the side of a bus that contains not one iota of truth.

The mere mention of Eric Perez buying control of a club or a local public toilet or chocolate bar, even if completely made up is designed and doomed to attract we want our rugby league back.

The same concept is used to very successful effect every time Jeremy Corbyn and the letter P M are used in the same sentence on the any other business forum.

In other words the message is the medium.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Big Picture said:

It's quite amazing how so many within the game can't get their heads around the idea that teams in other sports already do the things which they think aren't possible in RL!

No teams fly transatlantic for league games on a regular basis in any sport except in RL......

17 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

No teams fly transatlantic for league games on a regular basis in any sport except in RL......

Several fly even greater distances in RU.  The week before last the Auckland Blues flew across 9 time zones to play the Jaguares in Buenos Aires.  The Jagauares have either a transatlantic flight or transpacific flight ahead of them for every away match too.

6 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Several fly eveN greater distances in RU.  The week before last the Auckland Blues flew across 9 time zones to play the Jaguares in Buenos Aires.  The Jagauares have either a transatlantic flight or transpacific flight ahead of them for every away match too.

No teams fly from the Americas to Europe for league games on a regular basis in any sport except in RL.....

8 hours ago, Big Picture said:

And of course, in major North American pro leagues the teams charter direct flights on their road trips to get around all such limitations of scheduled commercial flights.

That's good for the teams, not so good for the travelling fans?

6 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

You said no teams fly ‘transatlantic’ for league games on a regular basis. Jaguares do. Argentina to South Africa. 

Yes, I was wrong that's why I changed it to no teams fly from the Americas to Europe in any sport except RL. 

11 minutes ago, Hemel Stag said:

That's good for the teams, not so good for the travelling fans?

What travelling fans?  Those don't exist over here because of the distances teams travel.  The same is true in Australia too.

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

So atmosphere takes a back seat. You are quite content to sit at your home ground without any rivalry whatsoever?

You have clearly not watched many playoff games in NA sports. Away fans are unnecessary; all you need is an away team to create an electric atmosphere.

TWP doesnt need away fans to create a party atmosphere at Lamport.

When are you going to get that we dont do things the old way over here?

3 hours ago, SL17 said:

That's why you don't quite clearly understand RL.

You should go to a game in Melbourne, Townsville and Canberra or attend a game in Sydney or especially Newcastle against those teams. There aren’t many away fans.

Even in Sydney you get very small away followings. Manly’s fans especially are notorious for not going to away games in Sydney.

6 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Sport and attendances at sport aren’t calculated by Away support. 

And neither should they be. It's only in RL were people seem obsessed with the number of away fans. Of course this is largely to make up for a lack of home fans because many clubs can't get their act together.

8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

In fairness if we are going to be so pedantic you weren't wrong to start with Los Jaguares only cross the Atlantic to Africa twice a year anyway. Hardly regularly. 

Certainly don't face a transatlantic or transpacific flight for every away game as I think it was big picture was trying to make out......

8 hours ago, Big Picture said:

What travelling fans?  Those don't exist over here because of the distances teams travel.  The same is true in Australia too.

Is that just cos of the distance or is it cultural though? Reason I say this is cos over here we think nothing of travelling down to Perpignan or toulouse for a game and there's been decent followings over to Toronto as well. Best example of away support though is European football. There's regularly teams from Britain playing in Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Israel to name just a few and thousands of away fans go to those games and those are 5-6 hour flights mid week. Like I say, we have the culture in our sport of doing that so don't think twice about it. 

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is that just cos of the distance or is it cultural though? Reason I say this is cos over here we think nothing of travelling down to Perpignan or toulouse for a game and there's been decent followings over to Toronto as well. Best example of away support though is European football. There's regularly teams from Britain playing in Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Israel to name just a few and thousands of away fans go to those games and those are 5-6 hour flights mid week. Like I say, we have the culture in our sport of doing that so don't think twice about it. 

Indeed as the 4,000 Shalke fans displayed yesterday by traveling to Manchester to watch their team lose 7_0

7 hours ago, TIWIT said:

You have clearly not watched many playoff games in NA sports. Away fans are unnecessary; all you need is an away team to create an electric atmosphere.

I watch plenty of NFL games, but mate, I 100% guarantee a game with plenty of vocal away fans makes for a way better atmosphere for all involved. There's not much singing and chanting going on in the 'terraces' of NFL but I hear they do it over in MLS. 

Archived