North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders KO 2.30pm
Workington Town v Whitehaven KO 3pm

Coventry Bears 26 v 10 London Skolars 
Keighley Cougars 12 v 26  Doncaster 
Oldham 24 v 22 Hunslet 
North Wales Crusaders 26 v 12 West Wales Raiders 
Workington Town 28 v 16 Whitehaven

Bears back to winning ways!

No offence to West Wales, but we simply HAVE TO WIN on Friday.

With Wrexham FC playing at home at the same time, our "dual reg" fans will more likely be at the Racecourse, so not expecting much more than 200 die hard supporters at the game. Hopefully some exiles will be home for the weekend to help pay for the double rent being charged for the ground because of the bank holiday.

Not going to tempt fate predicting ours, but I'm going for home wins for the rest except for Doncaster.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

40 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

With Wrexham FC playing at home at the same time, our "dual reg" fans will more likely be at the Racecourse, so not expecting much more than 200 die hard supporters at the game. Hopefully some exiles will be home for the weekend to help pay for the double rent being charged for the ground because of the bank holiday.

Not going to tempt fate predicting ours, but I'm going for home wins for the rest except for Doncaster.

Two hundred home fans? That’s sad to see. I saw a few games at the Racecourse in 2015, the crowds were above 1000 on both occasions. 

You've had a bad start to this season but you’ll have too much experience for West Wales. A comfy home win I reckon. Good luck. 

10 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Looks like I'll be able to attend my first game of the season on Friday ? As you rightly said, NEED/MUST WIN and in a good fashion....if we scrape past WWR with a 2-score margin I think we'll have to reappraise how much of a rebuilding season this is going to be....

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

I am going to demonstrate my tactical genius and emulate our London Skolars fan who stated that he doubted his side would win another game all season,and the following week London Skolars defeated high-flying Workington.

I hereby declare that I cannot see West Wales Raiders win a game for the remainder of the season.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Coventry Bears v London Skolars KO 3pm
Keighley Cougars v Doncaster KO 3pm
Oldham v Hunslet KO 3pm

Yeds-Hunslet too close to call I think. 

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

13 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Hopefully some exiles will be home for the weekend to help pay for the double rent being charged for the ground because of the bank holiday.

I'll be one of those exiles returning for my first game of the season. Gonna bring my 2 brothers along and take my 2 little cousins, there's 5 for starters 

13 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I am going to demonstrate my tactical genius and emulate our London Skolars fan who stated that he doubted his side would win another game all season,and the following week London Skolars defeated high-flying Workington.

I hereby declare that I cannot see West Wales Raiders win a game for the remainder of the season.

yes where is the Skolars Fan after that result? haven't seen any humble pie being eaten?

On 16/04/2019 at 16:59, John Drake said:

Discuss all the Good Friday games in Betfred League 1 here

FRIDAY 19th APRIL
Oldham v Hunslet KO 3pm

Bears 30 Skolars 38

Cougars 18 Donny 14

Oldham 18 Hunslet 27

NWC 28 WWR 16

Haven 24-15

Massive cumbria derby game , whitehaven surprise joint league leaders , workington seen as promotion favourites  by some . A game where the pressure is on the home team as a loss would be a big blow for top spot hopes . Form says whitehaven but form does not usually come to play in big rival derby games , a try in it either way .

Coventry Bears v London Skolars  - Bears win
Keighley Cougars v Doncaster - Doncaster win
Oldham v Hunslet - Hmmm, draw!
Workington Town v Whitehaven - Town win, just

North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders - We've never lost to South/West Wales yet and we're not going to start this week. The lads owe the fans a decent performance. We showed glimpses against London Skolars in the Challenge Cup but nothing like good enough. This game we have to be clinical and convincing. Crusaders win (obviously!)

3 hours ago, gogledd said:

Coventry Bears v London Skolars  - Bears win
Keighley Cougars v Doncaster - Doncaster win
Oldham v Hunslet - Hmmm, draw!
Workington Town v Whitehaven - Town win, just

North Wales Crusaders v West Wales Raiders - We've never lost to South/West Wales yet and we're not going to start this week. The lads owe the fans a decent performance. We showed glimpses against London Skolars in the Challenge Cup but nothing like good enough. This game we have to be clinical and convincing. Crusaders win (obviously!)

LOL

On 16/04/2019 at 16:59, John Drake said:

Discuss all the Good Friday games in Betfred League 1 here

FRIDAY 19th APRIL
Oldham v Hunslet KO 3pm

Coventry 26 - 4 skolars 356

keighley 18 - 32 Donny 789

oldham 12 - 20 hunslet 460

North Wales 22 - 14 west wales 230

workington 16 - 16 Whitehaven 1,007

On 17/04/2019 at 12:20, Hughsehhh said:

I'll be one of those exiles returning for my first game of the season. Gonna bring my 2 brothers along and take my 2 little cousins, there's 5 for starters 

Probably recovering from two wins in row! 

Archived