Sun 2nd June : Coral Challenge Cup QF : Bradford Bulls v Halifax RLFC KO 2:45pm BBC2 TV

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Halifax RLFC

45 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

My bad formulation, so I will rephrase. What is the highest level of opposition that Bradford, and Halifax, have encountered in the CC this year? Could it be Super League Leeds and London? 

If you’re trying to prove Championship is higher quality than Super League I think you’re on to a loser to be honest, great mate

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was watching this match on record and was surprised at some of the physiques of some of the players. I won't name names, but some imo could do more. I know that they are part time or semi professional, but surely a good diet and hitting the gym a few times a week would be mandatory at this level.

20 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Was watching this match on record and was surprised at some of the physiques of some of the players. I won't name names, but a couple of them should be embarrassed to call themselves athletes. I know that they are part time or semi professional, but surely a good diet and hitting the gym a few times a week would be mandatory at this level.

You mean Scott Murrell , the best player on the pitch 

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Possibly, but imagine what these players could do if they were fitter. If I was a Halifax fan I would want a bit more commitment so they can be the best players they can be. You understand that, right?

2 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Possibly, but imagine what these players could do if they were fitter. If I was a Halifax fan I would want a bit more commitment so they can be the best players they can be. You understand that, right?

To put it politely, you are talking ######. The thought of Scott Murrell not been committed is laughable at best.

You think the heavy weight champion of the world never hits a gym? You can't do if you are judging him by his body shape. You do the best with what you are born with and Murrell been up there in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the Championship over a good number of seasons will do for me.

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

If you’re trying to prove Championship is higher quality than Super League I think you’re on to a loser to be honest, great mate

No that is not my point. In short, in a game between 2 teams the team that wins that game at that time is easily defined as the one of the higher quality by virtue of having won. 

38 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Instead of confining your comments to this forum,  why not share them with Murrell himself: @scottmurrell85?

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

To put it politely, you are talking ######. The thought of Scott Murrell not been committed is laughable at best.

You think the heavy weight champion of the world never hits a gym? You can't do if you are judging him by his body shape. You do the best with what you are born with and Murrell been up there in the top 2 or 3 half backs in the Championship over a good number of seasons will do for me.

I know more than anyone that you make the most of what you are born with, I was merely making an observation whilst remaining polite. All I am saying is that players have a responsibility to fans, sponsors, etc to be in their best shape possible, as I see what footballers around me do to stay fit and they are amateurs. Nothing personal.

1 minute ago, Omott91 said:

I know more than anyone that you make the most of what you are born with, I was merely making an observation whilst remaining polite. All I am saying is that players have a responsibility to fans, sponsors, etc to be in their best shape possible, as I see what footballers around me do to stay fit and they are amateurs. Nothing personal.

You are assuming he is not in the best shape he could possibly be in for the role he has at the club. For someone who "looks unfit" he certainly does a great job of taking us around the pitch for 80 minutes each week and his appearance record for us speaks for itself.

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Instead of confining your comments to this forum,  why not share them with Murrell himself: @scottmurrell85?

Not once did I mention Mr Murrell. You guys brought him into the conversation and signalled him out.

Not once did I mention Mr Murrell. You guys brought him into the conversation and signalled him out.

But it was obvious he were one of the ones you were talking about. I know you said its nothing personal but you also said that some of those 34 blokes on show should be embarrassed to call themselves athletes. I'd call that quite an insult especially as many of them are only doing this part time and won't get some of the same benefits that full time players get.

Your meaning was clear, very clear. Me guys? I'm nowhere near a Halifax fan, far from it. The place for slippery tongued mendacious posters is on AOB

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Your meaning was clear, very clear. Me guys? I'm nowhere near a Halifax fan, far from it. The place for slippery tongued mendacious posters is on AOB

Apologies to any who took offense to the comment and once reread was harsh and have edited my post. However not once did I mention Murrell. For the 2 of you who brought him into the conversation it shows what you think subconsciously to bring him into the discussion.

3 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Apologies to any who took offense to the comment and once reread was harsh and have edited my post. However not once did I mention Murrell. For the 2 of you who brought him into the conversation it shows what you think subconsciously to bring him into the discussion.

OK then, name me one other player that you would describe as not having a physique normally associated with a rugby league player? 

15 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I will be there in Spirit as will be in Hospital as I am now.

All the best to you Lizard. 

I hope things are getting better for you.

It was great to see Fax winning.

How good is Will Sharp.  Just watched it again.  Always there to take the high ball if necessary.  Clean up and make the hard yards. Nothing spectacular, but a great team player.  Wish he was back at Fev.  He never gives up. Example:

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

3 hours ago, Omott91 said:

These 3 Fulltime pro's had pretty successful NRL careers despite not looking like Mr Universe.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Indeed. After Ruiz flattened Jishua and Murrell bossed it yesterday, I've realized that it's not all about being in the gym....

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, Omott91 said:

Go train with him, see how committed he is.

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I love watching Murrell play. He wears his heart on his sleeve. My kind of player.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived