Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleD

BBC website

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Currently on the RL page of the BBC Sport website (1.35pm Sun 11 Aug) is an article about wheelchair RL international James Simpson. However, it includes photos of him next to a trophy which looks exactly like the one which has been presented to the winners of the main RL world cup for many years.

Unless the trophy for the winners of the wheelchair event is an exact copy of the main one (which I don't know if it is or isn't) why not have him with the trophy that they are actually playing for ?

Does it look like the cup represented in the logo?

3A9B5B99-24FB-4A5A-8A29-574BF785BF05.png

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

An update on a previous post in which I mentioned about the BBC Sport RL website having stopped giving live updated scores for League 1. Having contacted Ofcom, I have now received this reply from the BBC ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

Firstly, I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately we’ve taken longer to reply than usual – please accept our apologies.

I understand you are unhappy that Rugby League scores have not been updating for League 1.

Our data is uploaded automatically by external data providers and with the number of pages we have, sometimes issues slip through but we do try and identify that (sometimes with the help of our users) and correct as soon as possible.

We can therefore only apologise for any inconvenience caused, and would like to thank you for brining this issue to our attention.

Please rest assured your complaint has been seen by our Sport website editors. Your concerns were also forwarded to senior management on our audience feedback report which is one of the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC.

Many thanks, once again, for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Janine McMeekin

BBC Complaints Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, it doesn't say yet that they will resume the live scores for League 1 but let's see what happens in the next few weeks. If they don't resume then I will again pursue the matter.

45 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

An update on a previous post in which I mentioned about the BBC Sport RL website having stopped giving live updated scores for League 1. Having contacted Ofcom, I have now received this reply from the BBC ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

Firstly, I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately we’ve taken longer to reply than usual – please accept our apologies.

I understand you are unhappy that Rugby League scores have not been updating for League 1.

Our data is uploaded automatically by external data providers and with the number of pages we have, sometimes issues slip through but we do try and identify that (sometimes with the help of our users) and correct as soon as possible.

We can therefore only apologise for any inconvenience caused, and would like to thank you for brining this issue to our attention.

Please rest assured your complaint has been seen by our Sport website editors. Your concerns were also forwarded to senior management on our audience feedback report which is one of the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC.

Many thanks, once again, for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Janine McMeekin

BBC Complaints Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, it doesn't say yet that they will resume the live scores for League 1 but let's see what happens in the next few weeks. If they don't resume then I will again pursue the matter.

I hope your patient.

On the BBC rugby league site,you can leave your comments as to why people should watch tomorrows final on BBC. The more responses/comments the better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cookey said:

On the BBC rugby league site,you can leave your comments as to why people should watch tomorrows final on BBC. The more responses/comments the better.

only around 60 likes on the FB article of this link & one comment about it being an M62 sport & no one cares outside the North. C'mon peoples on FB get liking & commenting!

4 minutes ago, Heritage XIII said:

only around 60 likes on the FB article of this link & one comment about it being an M62 sport & no one cares outside the North. C'mon peoples on FB get liking & commenting!

Yes, I noticed that and thought it was low. However, it is still higher than a Rugby Union article that has been on their website for about the same amount of time.

Any neutral person will take one look at what a number of the ‘fans’ of the game have said and not bother. So much negativity from within RLs own fan base.

• Like 1

Another oppourtunity to post comments on yesterdays final via Ged Scotts review of the game on the BBC rl site. Seems to be alot of people who claim not to enjoy rl,watched the game and know all about it.Very strange. Also some guuy in Australia who dispises rl,yet seems to spend his time viewing comments on here and the BBC's rl pages.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cookey said:

Another oppourtunity to post comments on yesterdays final via Ged Scotts review of the game on the BBC rl site. Seems to be alot of people who claim not to enjoy rl,watched the game and know all about it.Very strange. Also some guuy in Australia who dispises rl,yet seems to spend his time viewing comments on here and the BBC's rl pages.

Yep some real saddos on the BBC HYS page. 

More reasons why most RL fans dont go on and post comments. 

Think that Aussie bloke is just a bit dim and maybe not a full shilling, seems to now claim he lives in Leeds, London and Sydney and played professional Soccer somewhere 🤪. Real chip on his shoulders- sooner the BBC ban him the better as he hates RL but spends an amazing amount of time watching games.

Hope the BBC treat the Ashes with the respect it deserves this Autum - not sure when the RU WC starts or ends but the London press will be all over it for some reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep some real saddos on the BBC HYS page. 

More reasons why most RL fans dont go on and post comments. 

Think that Aussie bloke is just a bit dim and maybe not a full shilling, seems to now claim he lives in Leeds, London and Sydney and played professional Soccer somewhere 🤪. Real chip on his shoulders- sooner the BBC ban him the better as he hates RL but spends an amazing amount of time watching games.

Hope the BBC treat the Ashes with the respect it deserves this Autum - not sure when the RU WC starts or ends but the London press will be all over it for some reason.

Yes,one of numerous keyboard warriors who live alone and their only way of communicating with the outside world is to try and cause offence.

Still,he's actually helped out,as most of his posts get blocked by the BBC but the total number of posts is now over 200.I'm sure someone on here will know more about him as it appears he has been blocked from other rl sites.It appears he comes on here but doesn't post,as he makes referance to this site in his BBC postings.

He has posted on several newspaper forums. Gets blocked and then comes back several times with other user names. Quite obviously the same poster but somehow his/her posts make the papers before being removed.As you say, a sad ,sad, person with nothing better to do.However we do have a few on the R L. E. express forums who are hell bent on posting garbage  professing to know "for a fact" but actually know nothing of the sort.

On 15/08/2019 at 16:03, Lowdesert said:

I hope your patient.

Patient is a virtue ... and can get you results !!!

Just updating the situation once more ...

As they say .. "If you don't ask, you don't get" !!!

The League 1 latest scores are now again being updated on the BBC Sport RL website.

Latest scores from this afternoon (Sat 7 Sep)

BBC Sport Website      

Coventry Bears 0Whitehaven RLFC36

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well done,the more that people view and comment(when given the oppourtunity) the BBC rugby league pages the better.No good criticising the BBC if the pages are removed for lack of interest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cookey said:

Well done,the more that people view and comment(when given the oppourtunity) the BBC rugby league pages the better.No good criticising the BBC if the pages are removed for lack of interest.

In order to make sure I go once a week, sometimes daily and have signed on to My Sport and only put RL links on there even a Saints one and I hate them! And I have the Beeb as an app on my homepage.

Mind you if we support our sport and the beeb notice what the hell are we going to moan about?

Marvin.gif.fd627638be51d97b80bb6f65627eb350.gif

931350058_Marvin2.gif.bcb199019b35ece98fc2540fa4209509.gif

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Every time a new season starts with a sport shown on BBC they get a new opening titles sequence, Rugby League has had the same sequence for quite a few years now, and I bet for our Internationals, it will be exactly the same sequences, with colour changes. Don't we deserve a new opening sequence?

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

BBc's coverage seems to have substantially increased in recent times,perhaps due to relegation.

Two more storiesavailable for comment,including last nights Wigan game and tonights relegation battle.Also story on players leaving Catalans.The more looks,clicks,comments the better.

Seems our regular troll,Vichy,is having most of his posts barred on the BBC's rl pages.He's now desperately trying to appear more reasonable,in order to get something posted. Strange,he reads these posts/threads but is too scared to post anything as it would reveal his identity and lead to him being banned.

On 09/09/2019 at 16:16, Bleep1673 said:

Every time a new season starts with a sport shown on BBC they get a new opening titles sequence, Rugby League has had the same sequence for quite a few years now, and I bet for our Internationals, it will be exactly the same sequences, with colour changes. Don't we deserve a new opening sequence?

NFL has the exact same opening sequence as last year.. just noticed, never really bothers me to be honest