Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rugbyleaguesamurai

How far can Featherstone go this year?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, rugbyleaguesamurai said:

6 league games on the trot. Scoring freely and not having much put past them. Great pack with halves and backs of class...How far can they go?

Only Toronto better, on par with any other team so we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think they will usurp Toronto and win the Championship final,but will they be allowed into S.L.? I think not even though the winners should be promoted.The only hope for them is that Wakey are relegated and then just maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they stay injury then Fev could win the comp.  No question.  Plus they don't have the added complication of SL teams being involved in the middle eights so the DR and loan players are more likely to remain throughout.

  • Thanks 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On current form I'd fancy our chances against anyone in the playoffs. Still a long way to go in a tough league, though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rugbyleaguesamurai said:

6 league games on the trot. Scoring freely and not having much put past them. Great pack with halves and backs of class...How far can they go?

Can you be a little more specific. Is it purely featherstone or Leeds reserves you are talking about.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fev will beat Toronto in the final BUT the rfl will change the ruling to ensure that the rovers are not allowed to join the super league. And that's from a York knights fan......There'll never be an F in Calder.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the OP is being very premature (my wife tells me I am all the time 😄)

We've had a good run, but this league is tough and extremely un-predictable.

I'm a long way from getting giddy just yet.

And FWIW I don't buy into the RFL hate us conspiracy nonsense.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Can you be a little more specific. Is it purely featherstone or Leeds reserves you are talking about.

If it's Leeds reserves,maybe they shouldn't be reserves 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Fev will beat Toronto in the final BUT the rfl will change the ruling to ensure that the rovers are not allowed to join the super league. And that's from a York knights fan......There'll never be an F in Calder.....

We can but hope. 😊

  • Like 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TheYoungBaron said:

Fev will beat Toronto in the final BUT the rfl will change the ruling to ensure that the rovers are not allowed to join the super league. And that's from a York knights fan......There'll never be an F in Calder.....

Not all York fans buy into this conspiracy nonsense, of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they got a big enough squad to finish the season without dispensations from the RFL this year?


- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go "Featherstone Rhinos". 

We are playing really well, consistent rugby at the moment, especially after such a poor start / pre season. 

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

As for the Wakefield fan sticking it in, enjoy using our training facilities.

  • Like 4

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Featherstone are Rhinos B team. When reserves come in next year they will struggle.

If you look at our squad, you'll see that we're only using Leeds to occasionally cover full back, usually one of the wingers and usually one of the centres.

I'm sure we'll be fine without help from Leeds.  Indeed we've performed just as well without the temporary cover as we have when we've had it this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Here we go "Featherstone Rhinos". 

We are playing really well, consistent rugby at the moment, especially after such a poor start / pre season. 

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

As for the Wakefield fan sticking it in, enjoy using our training facilities.

Ive seen 3 of the 4 you mentioned recently and I would say that Fev probably are the 2nd best team in the league at this point, I think they just pip Leigh for it at the moment. The signing of Chisolm looks like a master stroke. Leigh look a big powerful unit who play good rugby so i think those two teams are close in all honesty though I think all the rest of the teams are some distance behind Toronto but in a one off game do I think either of those teams could beat Toronto in Toronto to gain promotion, without a doubt I do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manx RL said:

Have they got a big enough squad to finish the season without dispensations from the RFL this year?

We've got a bigger first team squad than last season, plus we've got a reserve squad which we didn't have last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive seen 3 of the 4 you mentioned recently and I would say that Fev probably are the 2nd best team in the league at this point, I think they just pip Leigh for it at the moment. The signing of Chisolm looks like a master stroke. Leigh look a big powerful unit who play good rugby so i think those two teams are close in all honesty though I think all the rest of the teams are some distance behind Toronto but in a one off game do I think either of those teams could beat Toronto in Toronto to gain promotion, without a doubt I do.

Fair comment, sir. 

Really surprised with how your season has gone - but your only a few points off too. Beat Featherstone in 2 weeks and your season is a different story.

Barrow at their place is always tough, no shame in losing up there. They will shock a few.


2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

I think that's a fair assessment.

I did think Briscoe & Golding were the pick of the Fev players yesterday, so I can see where some of the jibes about Leeds are coming from.

Dane Chisholm has been a superb signing, makes you wonder why he's never been able to perform consistently elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen, mostly on the TV obviously, Toronto are a cut above Featherstone. Could they beat them in one-off playoff match? Of course they could.

Would they be allowed into SL? That's a great question, and only Lenaghan and McManus know that right now. 

It would be kinda funny if Featherstone got promoted and Leeds got relegated. Would Featherstone start dual reg and send their surplus players to Leeds next season? 😀

Edited by paulwalker71
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Here we go "Featherstone Rhinos". 

We are playing really well, consistent rugby at the moment, especially after such a poor start / pre season. 

I honestly would say, we are 4th best team in the league behind Toronto, Toulouse and Leigh. 

As for the Wakefield fan sticking it in, enjoy using our training facilities.

And nearly our ground (but it was more likely Ram's ground) but hey ho they are sticking with that dump! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's one thing this division is too close to call at the moment. I would have thought once a top 5 place is secured then anything else is just a distraction. I must admit to having silly thoughts of getting to the Grand final but I give my head a shake and I'm back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On current form I'd day Fev are 2ns best in the division. Look at their last 6 games - 4 of which were York, Widnes, Sheffield and Bradford:

- Games 6
- Wins 6
- Points scored 226 (38 average)
- Points conceded 58 (10 average)

Edited by Steven Grason
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...