2020 Squad and signings

SINGE

10 hours ago, ArthurO said:

I agree with you about John Cogger he was a joy to watch and never gave anything less than 100% in every game he played.

Not so sure about Bob Lindner though. He arrived in an expensive 'blaze of glory' supposedly as the 'World's best Forward' at that moment in time.  But I don't remember doing anything special or setting our world on fire. In fact in one game he played at Wakefield he seemed to spend most of his time out on the right wing for some reason, rather than getting stuck in with the forwards as he should have done.

If I remember correctly he didn't stay with us long, before he went back to Aus. ?  

No, sorry, that's not right about Bob. He didn't perform admittedly whilst Peter Tunks was still in charge (I suspect at the time he was mis-sold the status of the club by Peter Tunks when he was brought over). However, when Tunks was gone, Bob took over as player coach, and significantly improved his performances. I think it transpired that he was told he could walk away from the other half of his 2 year contract if he kept Oldham in the first division. Oldham avoided relegation that year, and Bob went home (rumour has it he seriously thought about staying on as coach).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, neanderthal said:

No, sorry, that's not right about Bob. He didn't perform admittedly whilst Peter Tunks was still in charge (I suspect at the time he was mis-sold the status of the club by Peter Tunks when he was brought over). However, when Tunks was gone, Bob took over as player coach, and significantly improved his performances. I think it transpired that he was told he could walk away from the other half of his 2 year contract if he kept Oldham in the first division. Oldham avoided relegation that year, and Bob went home (rumour has it he seriously thought about staying on as coach).

He did come back a couple of years later as coach. When we were in Super league.

Harry Aaronson put on his Facebook page he has signed for you guys on a permanent basis 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Fullback - 

Wing - Johnson, Kay, Aaronson

Centre - Worthington, Leeming, Hutchings

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Charnock, Brook

Prop - Spencer, Sheriffe, Joy

Hooker - Owen, Wilkinson

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 18

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The signings so far are what I was hoping for. One of the mails talked about getting a player that "puts bums on seats". I remember David Liddiard who did just that. Whenever he got the ball something happened, Charlie McAllister was the same.

Having watched the GBLions against PNG, ALL of the PNG players did the same - something was going to happen whenever they had the ball. What are the chances of trying to get one if not two PNG players into our squad?

It's worth going for because I'm sure they would love playing over here and with a club like ours.

Hello all. I am new fan here. Following James Worthington from Toulouse. I am big fan. I follow him through Wigan and Rochdale.

i follow will Oldham this season to watch Worthington and I am excited very to watch Oldham in February. Hope to get more trips over to England during 2020. 
I begin to follow this forum to stay up to date. And speak to other fans

1 hour ago, Stevos Barber said:

Bienvenue Pierre. Ma femme et moi avons réservé notre voyage à Toulouse en février, nous avons hâte de vous rencontrer.  

Welcome and thanks for joining us on our forum, Pierre.

I haven't a clue what Stevo has said but, as a fellow Roughyed I'm sure he speaks for all of us.  

The best I can think of in French, Pierre is:  'Avez vous une cuppa' ? 

13 hours ago, Stevos Barber said:

Bienvenue Pierre. Ma femme et moi avons réservé notre voyage à Toulouse en février, nous avons hâte de vous rencontrer.  

Allow me to translate.

Alreet Pierre. Me and t'missus are coming to your place in February, it will be nice to si'thee.

13 hours ago, ArthurO said:

Welcome and thanks for joining us on our forum, Pierre.

I haven't a clue what Stevo has said but, as a fellow Roughyed I'm sure he speaks for all of us.  

The best I can think of in French, Pierre is:  'Avez vous une cuppa' ? 

Thank you for welcome. I am happy to follow. I have twitter to follow Oldham account though I can not discover James account. Does anyone help me?

Fullback - 

Wing - Johnson, Kay, Aaronson

Centre - Worthington, Leeming, Hutchings

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Charnock, Brook

Prop - Spencer, Sheriffe, Joy, Davies

Hooker - Owen, Wilkinson

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 19

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived