John Drake

Sat 9 Nov: Intl: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 7am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/19 at 07:00

So GB have a couple of players out of position - I’m pretty sure that this happens a fair bit with other national teams so I’m not going to slate it just for the sake of it. For every Horne there’s also a Gilmour if you want to go that far back. Hardaker will be good on the wing, I’ve no worries there, and Hughes will be a bit part player in the centres like most of those picked before him under Bennett anyway. 
I see Wayne has been in about the ruck speed (not sure I should be proud he’s agreed with me) as it’s obvious our attack wholly relies on it, so it’ll be interesting to see what it looks like in the second test. 
I hope it’s a more open game, in which case I reckon Britain might just sneak it. 

• Like 1

People sneering at Hughes in the centre but lets be honest Hardaker shouldn't have been there either for the first two games, and as long as we are solid down that flank should be ok.not expecting any fireworks but that hasn't even looked like remotely happening yet from any of the backs.

Our best chance of victory is staying in the grind for an hour then look for Clark to create havoc late on like the last game and things could open up again and hope we take the chances that come this time.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Jesus what a load of nonsense, the daft aussie is taking the pee now. 

It's not Blake's fault - hes just playing where hes told....🤣🤣

• Haha 1

If we play like we did in the first two tests, it does not matter who is selected as a winger, the ball is never going to be passed to them anyway. 

• Like 2

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Not great is it.

We probably have more quality wingers eligible to play for Great Britain than we have had for decades and yet we end up with Austin on the wing in a test.

Yes we have had some injuries (both pre-tour and out there) but it should never have come to this. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Hahaha Austin on the wing. I’m done. 

Bring back Karl Pratt I say.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Totally and utterly deflated and disinterested in this match tomorrow now and I never EVER thought I would say that about international RL. 

Thanks Wayne, what a total shambles - and he had the audacity to say we're getting better based on last weeks performance

• Like 3

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

You can’t legislate for injuries. No one was to know that Gildart, Hardaker and Hall were all to succumb to injury but you can legislate for such an event happening by selecting a well rounded squad that included cover across all areas of the pitch in case of such eventualities, rather than selecting four threequarters for five matches and having five or six halfbacks. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, flyingking said:

If we play like we did in the first two tests, it does not matter who is selected as a winger, the ball is never going to be passed to them anyway. 

This is the point.  These comments just show how bigoted they are.  We are in  avery short tour.  We chose to take 24, which is not many.  We have had significant injuries and sending odd players half way round the world is not condusive to preparing a test match.   

So we have players out of position. Live with it.  

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

This is the point.  These comments just show how bigoted they are.  We are in  avery short tour.  We chose to take 24, which is not many.  We have had significant injuries and sending odd players half way round the world is not condusive to preparing a test match.   

So we have players out of position. Live with it.  

I think his point was more how we’ve been playing 

I hope Thompson is fit and firing for this match.

Losing him from the middle rotation against Tonga early in the game was a massive blow and I think he was missed last week against the Kiwis as well.  If Burgess, Walmsley and Thompson can get some roll on to add to the work rate of Hill and Graham we could win the forward battle.

This game tomorrow won't be expansive and Great Britain will play a very forward dominated game and if we do win it won't be by a lot of points... but as a former forward myself I'm not adverse to watching two big aggressive packs go at each other for 80 minutes (I would take that over a 9's tryathon any day of the week).

• Like 1

Well you don't have to be Jack Gibson to guess what the Kiwis tactics will be, it not as if they have anyone whose skilled at taking high ball's like Ken Mumalo............oh, wait on😵

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

but as a former forward myself I'm not adverse to watching two big aggressive packs go at each other for 80 minutes (I would take that over a 9's tryathon any day of the week).

Really  ? Forward battle as a part but I’ll take the tryathon and entertaining open stuff off the back of that ! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Really  ? Forward battle as a part but I’ll take the tryathon and entertaining open stuff off the back of that ! 

Every day the week. 

Rugby League is a tough attritional sport and I love that part of it. Don't get me wrong, I love entertaining running Rugby but it should earned. 

I don't like the versions of the game where we decide to remove the part where you earn the chances to move the ball and go straight to the tries.

If I had to choose a forward battle or a 9's tryfest I would take the former.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1