Being a Grandad

Yup! That's me as of yesterday. Another soddin' birthday to remember. 

I'm only 58 so I feel my new status has arrived too soon. Has it? 

I was given first dibs at my sobriquet and chose Grandad. Good choice? 

And to all the other grandparents on here... Is it a good gig? 

On the brightside RL has another budding fan. He qualifies for England and Singapore. 

Congratulations!

My nan became a nan at 40 so you're well behind her.

Good solid choice with 'Grandad'. He can sing that Clive Dunn song at you. Clive was 51 when that was released by the way.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yep!

Spoil 'em rotten and hand 'em back.

You are a hero in their eyes and get to pee off your daughter/son which is payback for their teenage strops.

The down side is you are back to being a chaffeur/ unpaid babysitter.

Welcome to the club.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 hours ago, Number 16 said:

On the brightside RL has another budding fan. He qualifies for England and Singapore. 

Best thing is to move at least 100 miles away. ?

Disclosure: I have four grand daughters , eldest 29, youngest 8.

It is the best gig. You get to hand them back when nappy needs changing or they are crying. the child will pick a name for you if they don't like your choice anyway.

Nothing better than them running into the room seeing you and giving you a big hug. You can buy all the annoying stuff too.

The worse thing is the introduction of the germ factory that follows them around.

11 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

It is the best gig. You get to hand them back when nappy needs changing or they are crying. the child will pick a name for you if they don't like your choice anyway.

Nothing better than them running into the room seeing you and giving you a big hug. You can buy all the annoying stuff too.

The worse thing is the introduction of the germ factory that follows them around.

Snot..... don't forget the snot..... 

8 hours ago, Number 16 said:

1. congratulations old man!!!!

2. Which child?

3. FFS I remember them all being young!! ? But then again my son is 12 this year and my wife wasnt pregnant when you last saw me down at Storm Park!

37 minutes ago, RP London said:

FFS I remember them all being young!! ? But then again my son is 12 this year and my wife wasnt pregnant when you last saw me down at Storm Park!

Time really does fly! 

It's Bob what done the deed. Scary, I know. He's 31 this year. 

Congratulations ?

The good thing about grandchildren is that  they are just like their parents ... they want nothing more from you other than for you to keep working so you can give them money.  Often on a nebulous concept of "borrowing" that they seem to understand much better than you.

I too am known as "Grandad". In the valley where I was brought up, male grandparents were (are?) always called "Bampy" or "Bamp".

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

its ok being a granddad (sp) up until the kid reaches begging age then its just bank of grandad(sp) i have one 22 and one 7 and various inbetween it's been a roller coaster.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

On 23/01/2020 at 14:39, Number 16 said:

Time really does fly! 

It's Bob what done the deed. Scary, I know. He's 31 this year. 

31!!!! Oh dear lord! 

On 23/01/2020 at 13:21, Number 16 said:

Met up with the lad last year.. wish him all the best. Its not cheap having a kid out here...!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

On 23/01/2020 at 07:28, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Congratulations. 

Good solid choice in Grandad. However if you wanted something different here are a few options. How about the Danish or Hawaiian one? ?

_20200123_072631.JPG

Kuku Kane in July for me then ? will be my 5th Grandchild ❤️ 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 24/01/2020 at 01:42, my missus said:

its ok being a granddad (sp) up until the kid reaches begging age then its just bank of grandad(sp) i have one 22 and one 7 and various inbetween it's been a roller coaster.

Can be spelt either way.

It's brilliant. I was 53 when my first grandson was born and now thetes a second one. 

What I dont understand is how men manage to be dads in their 60s. I'm knackered after 2 days of looking after the oldest.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

23 hours ago, tim2 said:

Can be spelt either way.

It's brilliant. I was 53 when my first grandson was born and now thetes a second one. 

What I dont understand is how men manage to be dads in their 60s. I'm knackered after 2 days of looking after the oldest.

43 the last time for me being a dad again, just grandkids from now on, they're far easier to love and give back!!!

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived