Jump to content

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

It seems odd to finish off with a parting shot that TWP costs SL no money, shortly after criticising them for not paying TWP £1.8m.

It is also strange to ignore RL's growth since 1996 but vaguely celebrate other sports' growth during that period.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Re-admitting them and pandering to their excuse of not getting the £1.5m per annum changes nothing. The proverbial hamster wheel continues spinning till it can take no more and it falls apart, again. Just like it did with PSG. Just like it did with Gateshead Thunder. Just like it did with Celtic Crusaders. And just like it will again with Toronto Wolfpack. They were set up to fail and with their possible re-admission, nothing else appears to have changed so Toronto Wolfpack 2.0 will be set up to fail as well. If Super League are to readmit Toronto, it has to treat them differently.

I thought Gateshead Thunder of 1999 were merged with Hull FC to stop FC going under.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

So as it's afternoon it's not practical to hope someone has a good evening? 

You literally would argue with yourself in phone box wouldn't you?

Do leave it there, along with your 'oppotunities' (sic)

 

Ha so your point was nonsense

Your response was nonsense

And now your resorting to pettiness

What a sad individual you are

Edited by yipyee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Bearing in mind the current Global Pandemic going on..........

If SL let TWP in again.......... unless things drastically change before next season they won't be able to operate anyway?

COVID is to blame for them pulling out in the first place isn't it?

It's a good point. We're five months away from the 2021 season and Canada is still enforcing a mandatory 14-day quarantine period for visitors. That's before you get into if/when fans will be allowed to attend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Their excuse is the Covid pandemic, not having any income from home games and issues with visas as the season extends beyond its expected end date. This has nothing to do with PSG, Gateshead or Celtic Crusaders; though in case you missed it both of the latter have legacy clubs in league one. 

£1.5m wouldn’t have touched the edges.

The Phoenix clubs have no bearing on the rubbish strategies around the inclusion of new clubs in the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is the main point isn't it? Regardless of whether you like TWP or not.

I don't see how any decision later this month will really matter anyway......... they could go all in to bring them back and it just not be possible

Were struggling to get games on now with teams down the road from eachother

Edited by tuutaisrambo

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

£1.5m wouldn’t have touched the edges.

The Phoenix clubs have no bearing on the rubbish strategies around the inclusion of new clubs in the game. 

You’re the one going on about the £1.5m, not them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

That is the main point isn't it? Regardless of whether you like TWP or not.

I don't see how any decision later this month will really matter anyway......... they could go all in to bring them back and it just not be possible

Were struggling to get games on now with teams down the road from eachother

They could defer them until 2022, I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Their excuse is the Covid pandemic, not having any income from home games and issues with visas as the season extends beyond its expected end date. This has nothing to do with PSG, Gateshead or Celtic Crusaders; though in case you missed it both of the latter have legacy clubs in league one. 

And PSG has been replaced with the sucsessful Catalans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

£1.5m wouldn’t have touched the edges.

The Phoenix clubs have no bearing on the rubbish strategies around the inclusion of new clubs in the game. 

Of course they do.

It shows that there is a sucsessful engagement with the communities, it shows and adds to the player development pathways.

Once relegated from the top division most clubs revert to part time and one could include Widnes as a pheonix club as they restarted after going bust following relegation

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

Of course they do.

It shows that there is a sucsessful engagement with the communities, it shows and adds to the player development pathways.

Once relegated from the top division most clubs revert to part time and one could include Widnes as a pheonix club as they restarted after going bust following relegation

It doesn’t. It shows there is interest for a club. What it, again, doesn’t show is any foresight or strategic planning for the growth of the game. The inclusion of Phoenix clubs doesn’t show that, they’re admitted and left to their own devices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Ha so your point was nonsense

Your response was nonsense

And now your resorting to pettiness

What a sad individual you are

Pot, kettle, black. 

Try a few full stops too, it would make your ramblings more coherent.

Regards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Bearing in mind the current Global Pandemic going on..........

If SL let TWP in again.......... unless things drastically change before next season they won't be able to operate anyway?

COVID is to blame for them pulling out in the first place isn't it?

They would have to play in the UK until travel restrictions are lifted. Who knows what next season will look like anyway?! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

They could defer them until 2022, I suppose.

Most likely. Having spoke to a coach in another sport he suggested that there will be no international competition till 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Pot, kettle, black. 

Try a few full stops too, it would make your ramblings more coherent.

Regards. 

So you have lost the debate and are now looking for minor grammer errors to try and be bigger/get the last word. 

Sums you up

What a prat 😂😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Don't feel sorry for us...we don't want pity from anyone...it is what is is....a golden opportunity missed, especially when all of the groundwork has been put in place...a real shame is all....too bad...shortsighted.

No, the TWP management were shortsighted.

If the Pack had got officially relegated, irrespective of the virus, then they effectively would go back to square one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd just like to think i could look forward to walking out my front door and watching some splendid live RL in 2021..think that's the only thing that will get me thru the Sh**show that is 2020...

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LiVolsi has agreed to cover all outstanding 2020 player salaries - on condition that TWP be allowed back into Super League for the 2021 season. Hardly unexpected of course, but the fact that the club went public with it surely indicates progress is being made on this. And the players' union being onside with it is another plus.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/gmb-and-wolfpack-reach-agreement-on-player-salaries/

Edited by TIWIT
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

LiVolsi has agreed to cover all outstanding 2020 player salaries - on condition that TWP be allowed back into Super League for the 2021 season. Hardly unexpected of course, but the fact that the club went public with it surely indicates progress is being made on this. And the players' union being onside with it is another plus.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/gmb-and-wolfpack-reach-agreement-on-player-salaries/

So,they are going to pay  players what should a been paid anyway, so long as they get back to Sl for 2021.That should work.🤡 will they be jetting squads back to manchester or dumping them in Glasgow again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...