Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Total Rugby League

Sky Sports to show regular Championship fixture next month

Recommended Posts

Sky Sports are set to show a regular Championship fixture for the first time in years. The broadcaster will show York’s game with Featherstone on...

View the full article

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER
Not at same ground

?

Quote

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

 
Eddie Demsey RMT
 
Quote

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

I’m glad someone was able to find a negative aspect to this. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

The Championship game could well be the better of the two matches.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now just maybe, if Sky are going to show Championship games and if it could become a regular feature (hopefully) it may just be a precursor to the negotiations for the next TV contract, Sky could may be setting out some sublinimle message for SL to consider prior to the negotiations commencing.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now just maybe, if Sky are going to show Championship games and if it could become a regular feature (hopefully) it may just be a precursor to the negotiations for the next TV contract, Sky could may be setting out some sublinimle message for SL to consider prior to the negotiations commencing.

Might be jumping the gun there, Harold.

The production is being handled by Neville Smith’s InTouch Productions company - which do Toronto games - on behalf of Sky. So i’d imagine Red Rooster’s theory of being a cheap double-up is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Will York’s stadium be ready by then? Seems to be mysteriously delayed for reasons nobody seems to be certain of

I really don't think the stadium will be ready. Test events have to take place before it can open and there is no sign of these happening. The game is three and a half weeks away.

There have been a good few rumours about the hold-up, but nothing concrete on causes or timing from any official sources. Unless Sky know something we don't...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I really don't think the stadium will be ready. Test events have to take place before it can open and there is no sign of these happening. The game is three and a half weeks away.

There have been a good few rumours about the hold-up, but nothing concrete on causes or timing from any official sources. Unless Sky know something we don't...

It’s an odd one. I saw a tweet of an FOI request response that referred to legal issues. Didn’t look very positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd framing of the story.

They have shown regular season games from toronto

They have shown Toulouse in regular season games 

They have shown regular season games from the bash.

I'm really not sure why the framing of the story is that sky are showing the first regular season game for years then throw in loads of caveats.

It's still good news that they are showing it as part of a double header.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Would not clap too hard . so this is part of a double header covering an existing super League match.rather than a commitmernt tio the championship.

From a London perspective as we are not part of the summer bash and SKY are not showing catalans games it means the double header with Toulouse in France will nt be on TV on 30th May but does it mean the Double Header at Leeds ground on 9th August wull be ?

The race for the Super League should mean some championship fixtures towards the end of the year in August / September would "move the dial" for SKY in a way that early season fixtures might not.

Sky may show some les Catalans games anyway.

If they do, the double header would make sense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One things for sure, the Giant Killers never fail to entertain. 

Should be;

Sky Sports Premier League 

Sky Sports F1 

Sky Sports Featherstone Rovers

Etc.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I really don't think the stadium will be ready. Test events have to take place before it can open and there is no sign of these happening. The game is three and a half weeks away.

There have been a good few rumours about the hold-up, but nothing concrete on causes or timing from any official sources. Unless Sky know something we don't...

Just a thought, I wonder if the third and final test event will be this game?

Still running things very tight though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm. Bit of a misleading and click-baity headline there. Much more accurate would be to show a regular season championship game or to show a championship game.

Always good to have more access to rugby league but not really sure that it is a game changer or sign of things to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Odd framing of the story.

They have shown regular season games from toronto

They have shown Toulouse in regular season games 

They have shown regular season games from the bash.

I'm really not sure why the framing of the story is that sky are showing the first regular season game for years then throw in loads of caveats.

It's still good news that they are showing it as part of a double header.

 

I was thinking the same. 

The way it's worded made me think there was a regular showing of Championship fixtures beginning next month, and then to bang on about it being the first time since 2011 seemed to confirm that.

It's a one off game, tagged on the back of a Super League game. That's happened plenty of times in terms of Toronto and Summer Bash games. It's been overstated as something it's not.

It's great that it's on, but let's not say it's something different!

  • Like 2

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

One things for sure, the Giant Killers never fail to entertain. 

Should be;

Sky Sports Premier League 

Sky Sports F1 

Sky Sports Featherstone Rovers

Etc.......

No

Sky Sports TGG

Sky Sports SL

Sky Sports Championship + Toulouse

Sky Sports NRL

And Sky Sports FFR XIII

Mind you, as it is, my week is filling up nicely!

 

  • Like 1

On n'est pas là pour se faire engueuler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

No

Sky Sports TGG

Sky Sports SL

Sky Sports Championship + Toulouse

Sky Sports NRL

And Sky Sports FFR XIII

Mind you, as it is, my week is filling up nicely!

 

Why " + Toulouse"?

Are they not in the Championship?

  • Haha 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Sky showing this game means anything,  equally I don't think Sky showing football tonight on Sky Sports Action is a portent of anything either. Doesn't football have enough bl###y channels. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

 

Why " + Toulouse"?

Are they not in the Championship?

Because that would be the Championship + all TO's home games channel of course!

Then OurLeague would show everything else!

Edited by Oxford

On n'est pas là pour se faire engueuler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...