Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

6 Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wakefield Trinity
      13
    • Hull FC
      13

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/20 at 19:45

Recommended Posts

Potential to be a tasty one this.  Wakey looking to string a couple of wins together, Hull wounded after throwing away 18 point lead at home.

Think it should be a good game under the lights and gonna go for Wakey to nick it by 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 teams who have had wide fluctuations in form. Impossible to call, wakey getting 6 from bookies. IF hull perform to their potential I think they have the squad to cover that handicap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can wax lyrical all we want about this game but at the end of the day it will all come to nought.  Ref in charge: James Child.  How depressing. ?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

We can wax lyrical all we want about this game but at the end of the day it will all come to nought.  Ref in charge: James Child.  How depressing. ?

He does come up with some strange adjudications he doesn't do it purposefully to lean one way or another, just bad luck if your team is the one on the wrong side of his calls.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

He does come up with some strange adjudications he doesn't do it purposefully to lean one way or another, just bad luck of your team is the one on the wrong side of his calls.

No, that's Chris Kendall who I would prefer any day of the week.


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the badmouthing match officials... yes they make mistakes... who doesn’t? And on average they make far less mistakes than the players! 
 

if you believe something enough you will find things to justify your point of view.... basic human psychology.

try watching the game instead of the referee... it’s way more fun! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

I don’t get the badmouthing match officials... yes they make mistakes... who doesn’t? And on average they make far less mistakes than the players! 
 

if you believe something enough you will find things to justify your point of view.... basic human psychology.

try watching the game instead of the referee... it’s way more fun! 

This negativity about match officials does my head in 

Is it any wonder the game won't grow when fans are insinuating the outcome of a game based on who the referee is.

It's ludicrous! I don't think any other sport has this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, meast said:

This negativity about match officials does my head in 

Is it any wonder the game won't grow when fans are insinuating the outcome of a game based on who the referee is.

It's ludicrous! I don't think any other sport has this problem?

Don't mistake criticism of Child as criticism of all match officials.  Guys like him come along every once in a while.  Karl Kirkpatrick and Mick Naughton spring to mind.  I'm not even including Hebblethwaite with those guys.

  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Don't mistake criticism of Child as criticism of all match officials.  Guys like him come along every once in a while.  Karl Kirkpatrick and Mick Naughton spring to mind.  I'm not even including Hebblethwaite with those guys.

But why even bring up who the referee is?

If your team is better than the other team there's a good chance you'll win, regardless of which referee has been appointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meast said:

But why even bring up who the referee is?

If your team is better than the other team there's a good chance you'll win, regardless of which referee has been appointed.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HFC by 13+


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with last week I'm kind of struggling to care. Never want to lose, but if we win its another reprieve for Radford. 

Imo we are the better team by a distance if we play to our potential, but we do that about once a month, so who knows?

Hull by 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to Joe Cator who makes his debut for Hull and starts at loose forward.

 


Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might just stop in the bar now we're comfy...

 

20200306_194148.jpg


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 mins Atkins in 4-0


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-0 Wakey after Fonua knock on in his own 20m.


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beast Manu Mau replies.

6-6.


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 pens Carrie's hull 70 metres and they're in . The childs effect levels it up at6-6


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hull in again.

6-12.


                                                                        RADFORD OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...