• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Looks like the work has already started ?

Colosseum-Rome-Italy.jpg

Damn , I missed that on Sky News . There’s also huge relief among activists that scholars have recently concluded the Pyramids weren’t built by slaves .... 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

There’s also huge relief among activists that scholars have recently concluded the Pyramids weren’t built by slaves .... 

I think I saw a film/documentary about ancient Egypt. I think alien visitors from another planet build them. ? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I think I saw a film/documentary about ancient Egypt. I think alien visitors from another planet build them. ? 

This is true , they gave the best quote 

On 09/06/2020 at 09:09, Spidey said:

I doubt there’s any controversy with this one in Warrington

79D85505-946F-40CD-8E11-53CF90EBE43D.jpeg

That's a very subtle work of art; one that's full of hidden meaning. For example, by basing it on a work of pure fantasy, the artist was obviously referencing Warrington's yearly assault on the Super League trophy.

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Erm, already done thanks, although mine was clearly a Scottish tweet with more blunt language :kolobok_biggrin:

Meh, a good joke is worth repeating. And the second telling is always rubbish. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I did get it, you obviously didn't know Bristol Rovers play in Blue and Bristol City play in red as do Doncaster Rovers.

I thought it might be a Bristol City scarf when I asked, I used to follow them in the 80s. 

I wondered if the photo was a joke by a Bristol Rovers fan. 

There are at least 4 streets and a pub in Hastings, named after Generals who fought in Afghanistan & India, are they going to change the names of Elphinstone & Havelock Roads, Robertson Street, and Wellington Place, and the Havelock pub. I also have my doubts about Carlisle Place being named after Lord Carlisle.

18 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

There are at least 4 streets and a pub in Hastings, named after Generals who fought in Afghanistan & India, are they going to change the names of Elphinstone & Havelock Roads, Robertson Street, and Wellington Place, and the Havelock pub. I also have my doubts about Carlisle Place being named after Lord Carlisle.

Given the disastrously incompetent way Elphinstone handled his time in Afghanistan, especially the retreat from Kabul, he's probably more of a hero over there...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 12/06/2020 at 19:44, Bleep1673 said:

Apparently two thirds of the people in a street have to vote in favour of changing the street name for it to be legally changed.  I didn't know that until today.

28 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Apparently two thirds of the people in a street have to vote in favour of changing the street name for it to be legally changed.  I didn't know that until today.

Well, don't tell anyone, or a bunch of "comedians" on local Facebook groups will see a rash of unfunny campaigns for "Streety McStreetface" all over the place.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Havelock Road is commercial only, mostly Estate Agents, as is Robertson Street

17 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Havelock Road is commercial only, mostly Estate Agents, as is Robertson Street

Mostly estate agents? Expect it to be renamed "Hail Satan Avenue" some time soon, then.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived