Jump to content

Recommended Posts


9 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Just been watching the NRL and listening to Sam Burgess at half time. 

He seems to have picked up a bit of an Aussie accent.  Doesn't seem right coming out of a Yorkshireman

Does sound strange. There’s an interview where he explains why he calls football soccer and rugby football so not to confuse anyone. Suppose them same could be said for his accent, maybe they can understand him better now

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I'm just trying to figure out if he's actually picked up the accent or he just uses it for TV so he can be understood a bit easier 

It does happen. I am told by family members in the north that I no longer have a Yorkshire accent. Burgess has been in Australia for 10 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dkw said:

Because he schooled his Aussie gods, totally dominated their forwards from his first game to his last.

You really do have a chip on both shoulders don’t you ?

  • Confused 1

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HSam Burgess is on Fox League TV in Australia because they need at least one Englishman commentating, given all the other Englishmen who are now playing in the NRL.

He is probably going to be joined in 2021 on Fox League by James Graham, who loves living in Australia and who is greatly admired, even loved, by the powers that be at Fox Sports.(As we saw again last night, James Graham is a favourite of Fox League personality and Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent).

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Allora said:

I wish he would go home to England.

I can not stand the man.

Why is that?

I've only seen him in a few interviews (including the one above and also Matty Johns podcast), but he always comes across as a likeable and down to earth guy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2020 at 13:54, Allora said:

I wish he would go home to England.

I can not stand the man.

He is an Australia citizen now - that is his home. Or is it only home to people who move there and qualify for Origin and Australia?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Why is that?

I've only seen him in a few interviews (including the one above and also Matty Johns podcast), but he always comes across as a likeable and down to earth guy.

Like most English RL fans I like him. He definitely needs to find his style / voice as a commentator / analyst but I think he will get there 

I think James Graham will be a natural on channel 9 or Fox league 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2020 at 13:54, Allora said:

I wish he would go home to England.

I can not stand the man.

Don't worry; I heard they are going to replace him with your favourite player, Ryan Hall. :kolobok_wink:

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think James Graham will be a natural on channel 9 or Fox league 

“will be?” James Graham, who is 20 IQ points smarter than “Slamming Sam,” and displays an empathic and sometimes witty personality, already is a “natural” on Fox.

Edited by Manfred Mann
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Greg Inglis can have a year off and comeback refreshed why can`t Sam Burgess . What a promo for Super League next year  having Sonny Bill ,Greg Ingis  ,Israel Folau and Burgess  . Great promotion for WC and wouldn`t hurt in T.V. rights negotiations either. Burgess along with Tauomolo was the best forward in the NRL, would be a hit with a swansong in the WC  and is just the player you need to beat Australia. You Pommies should get a petition going and get him home, get  one of those Northern M.P`s or a delegation to approach him whatever it takes!!!!!.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

If Greg Inglis can have a year off and comeback refreshed why can`t Sam Burgess . What a promo for Super League next year  having Sonny Bill ,Greg Ingis  ,Israel Folau and Burgess  . Great promotion for WC and wouldn`t hurt in T.V. rights negotiations either. Burgess along with Tauomolo was the best forward in the NRL, would be a hit with a swansong in the WC  and is just the player you need to beat Australia. You Pommies should get a petition going and get him home, get  one of those Northern M.P`s or a delegation to approach him whatever it takes!!!!!.

Never gonna happen . His shoulder is literally shot to pieces , barely a quarter of the bone left in the joint 

Edited by DavidM
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Never gonna happen . His shoulder is literally shot to pieces , barely a quarter of the bone left in the joint 

I find it  hard to believe with access to the best surgeons anywhere  in the world  that you couldn`t patch him up. Someone should ask him anyway , you never  know like Inglis he may be missing it.  I reckon it would be worth it , what a poster those four. He would have to be tempted WC on home soil leading England to glory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I find it  hard to believe with access to the best surgeons anywhere  in the world  that you couldn`t patch him up. Someone should ask him anyway , you never  know like Inglis he may be missing it.  I reckon it would be worth it , what a poster those four. He would have to be tempted WC on home soil leading England to glory.

Unfortunately he’s had all the best surgeons but it’s just chronic and repetitive wear and tear

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/the-interesting-insight-into-sam-burgess-shoulder-injuries/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...