2021 New Kit Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Salford shirt is quite good - definitely bold and distinctive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

With the exception of Hull, all shirts for 2021 seem to range between OK and absolutely awful.

Hull FC jersey, and probably Wakefield, are the only jerseys that could confidently be called 'good'.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

All the shirts released today are good. I think having this thick black and white on red theme on Salfords kits the last couple of years is something they can build on in terms of identity. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

All the shirts released today are good. I think having this thick black and white on red theme on Salfords kits the last couple of years is something they can build on in terms of identity. 

very Man Utd choice of colour combo

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Salford home

0005976_202021-salford-red-devils-adult-

Awful. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

57 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I personally think the Salford shirt would look better with the stripe as a band across the middle of the shirt continuing from the arms and having the sponsor within (like Wakefield's)

I don't agree with you on a lot of RL issues, probably due to you being much younger! But I  do on this, saved me posting the same opinion.

Just now, Gooleboy said:

I don't agree with you on a lot of RL issues, probably due to you being much younger! But I  do on this, saved me posting the same opinion.

First time for everything! 

The more I look at that salford shirt the more annoyed I am they didn't do it our way!

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

First time for everything! 

The more I look at that salford shirt the more annoyed I am they didn't do it our way!

In my opinion (frequently wrong) that it just doesn’t work is that it’s built for a “logo” sponsor (like a Pepsi Circle or something) not for a named sponsor with a block across the stripe.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

When you design a sports jersey, knowing it will have certain sponsors in certain places and at a certain size, you avoid those areas at all costs, if at all possible. At worst you make sure they are not obscured. Every single branding element on that jersey apart from the main sponsor is impacted by the horror of that Salford design.

Even the sleeves. Half of the sleeve area cannot be used for any other sponsor partner due to the presence of the three lines.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Just a bit boring innit

Not keen but my son loves it to the point I've just bought it him for Xmas.. I love the home shirt.. if its aimed at cross generational with home and away they've done well..

Archived