Leigh’s bid is in - SL ready

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The question is, is being nice to each other that bit beyond our talents?

Come on everyone

Nerny nerner ner you suck # yeah, well so do you!

Get a grip & move on people. I mean .....REALLY?

If you keep this up the Greek Philosophers'll get you!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

19 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Georgie Fame is from Leigh. 😇

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Derek Beaumont appeal to Judge Rinder?

Yes to both, but neither of them are Greek Philosophers.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Don’t complain if they are busy defending on here they are leaving York well alone,no mention of parking,pubs etc for a while.

Is it really any wonder that some of the Leigh fans on here end up with a chip on their shoulder when there seems to be an active troll thread on this site every other week? 

Granted, sometimes Derek can be a bit of a tool, but what is the crime here that's warranting the pile on? Applying for something we were entitled to do? Putting out a press release to say so? 

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Is it really any wonder that some of the Leigh fans on here end up with a chip on their shoulder when there seems to be an active troll thread on this site? 

Granted, sometimes Derek can be a bit of a tool, but what is the crime here that's warranting the pile on? Applying for something we were entitled to do? Putting out a press release to say so? 

Seems like it doesn't it Rob , at times you wonder just exactly what we've done to upset certain parts of this forum ? , Just being born where we were seems to be the crime , you ask them what do they want us to do , and they have no reply 

6 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Is it really any wonder that some of the Leigh fans on here end up with a chip on their shoulder when there seems to be an active troll thread on this site? 

I agree some of it is over the top but Are you really playing the Leigh are the victims card ?

Those same victims are the ones who have “piled “on York for trying to do the very same thing.

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Seems like it doesn't it Rob , at times you wonder just exactly what we've done to upset certain parts of this forum ? , Just being born where we were seems to be the crime , you ask them what do they want us to do , and they have no reply 

I find them amusing and typical of all that’s wrong with RL. Extreme little man syndrome, never achieved owt in life, commercially clueless but opinion rich, if only the game could rid itself of these bottom feeders.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I agree some of it is over the top but Are you really playing the Leigh are the victims card ?

Those same victims are the ones who have “piled “on York for trying to do the very same 

I'm just stating facts, there are currently 2 active threads in the top page of the forum that have descended into just trolling Leigh, which I would say is pretty typical of the forum over the past few years. 

I've not seen the pile on you are referring to on the York thread and I don't engage in that, but I can certainly understand the frustration of some when they see York and Toulouse heralded for the same things Leigh get derided for. It's getting pretty boring.

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Is it really any wonder that some of the Leigh fans on here end up with a chip on their shoulder when there seems to be an active troll thread on this site every other week? 

Talking about chips on shoulders you Leigh posters certainly had one of those in regard to the WP.

What would the average person go for, Leigh or the WP in  SL?

I really don't mind who gets chosen as the 12th team as it seems likely to be a temporary arrangement. The odds are stacked heavily against whichever team gets picked. I chose Toulouse as my preference as they seem to be the nearest to a like for like replacement of Toronto and don't give perceived impression of RL retreating to the M62 corridor.

I think so many threads deteriorate into Leigh bashing because their fans are guaranteed to give the trolls the bite they desire.

Anyway, so as not to feel left out..

"#SUPERLEAGUEREADY"? why should we beLEIGHve  you? You weren't ready the last 2 times* 🤣

*[cumulative win rate 15.7%]

P.S. I have put a cheeky 10-bob on Leigh winning the challenge cup next year though, after all they have won it every 50 years without fail - 1921 -1971 - 2021 - up the Leythers

Regarding the very late submission of the Leigh application ..... has Derek taken inspiration from his namesake Derek Trotter?

I do remember Del Boy sending in competition entries at the last moment so that his entry is top of the pile.  Is that the same strategy employed by Derek?

But it may bear fruit.  Del Boy through courtesy of Rodneys ‘Marble Arch at Dawn’ won a week long holiday in Spain whilst Derek may win a rainy day at Cas 😄

7 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I'm just stating facts, there are currently 2 active threads in the top page of the forum that have descended into just trolling Leigh, which I would say is pretty typical of the forum over the past few years. 

I've not seen the pile on you are referring to on the York thread and I don't engage in that, but I can certainly understand the frustration of some when they see York and Toulouse heralded for the same things Leigh get derided for. It's getting pretty boring.

Trolling Leigh ...give us a break. Absolutely priceless

Just be thankful that some of us are just taking the mick and not resorting to the vitriolic and snide comments heaped at TWP and York by some Leigh supporters.

Those people were quick to dish it out but now it is Leigh’s turn to be the focus of attention they are acting like cry babies. 😄😄😄😄

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not me guv.

You know my thoughts on delbert.  They haven't changed.

But I don't get the angst at leigh's application and the wider cobblers aimed at the club that do tick all the boxes other than the preoccupation with post codes.

I won't chelp on if leigh get the gig.... but thats my insular fevcentric approach to 2021 badly concealed!😊

54 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Trolling Leigh ...give us a break. Absolutely priceless

Just be thankful that some of us are just taking the mick and not resorting to the vitriolic and snide comments heaped at TWP and York by some Leigh supporters.

Those people were quick to dish it out but now it is Leigh’s turn to be the focus of attention they are acting like cry babies. 😄😄😄😄

Examples please AT, 

FWIW, I stated on numerous occasions that I had nothing whatsoever against Toronto as a club, in my opinion it was not expansion per se nor did it given any indication that it would ever be so spreading the game in terms of participation levels, also I did not believe that the trans-Atlantic mode was a good fit with our structure, I also thought and still do that the decision to allow Ottawa into our league system was far to soon considering Toronto was still a work in progress a prototype which had not be proven.

People were not allowed it seems to disagree with the N. American programme and I will state quite catagorically that those who did disagree on these pages recieved personal vitriol and snide remarks much more than those clubs you mention.

As much as you and the other posters have the impression that those who did not support the Toronto excersize had something wrong with them for not believing, I will reciprocate that in the opposite direction, I never thought it would work, and was proven correct.

Now the second highlighted text, how long have you been on this forum? I have been on over 9 years - Harry is my second identity - in any walk of life in the school classroom or playground, in the workplace, in a club or any type of team there is always someone who becomes the fallguy, whether that is earned or just happens, Leigh Centurions for some reason have been just that on this site for as long as I can remember it has not just "but now it is Leigh's turn" I have not known anything different, ever.

6 hours ago, frank said:

Talking about chips on shoulders you Leigh posters certainly had one of those in regard to the WP.

What would the average person go for, Leigh or the WP in  SL?

You are making things up here, you will not find any club that gave more assistance to TW and Canada RL than Leigh. We sent Scarborough Centurions kit, Stuart Donlan coached the National team, we had Perez as a guest- he also tried to buy us - we made up most of their first squad and coaches. The mistake with TW was not putting them straight into SL with protection like Catalans, the next mistake was not expanding to two tens with TW and Ottawa in that mix plus 2 other French clubs, TO plus one. The luddites on here still can’t see how that would work.. Playing TW 3 times in 2018 cost us 2nd spot and probable promotion also, but letting them die is wrong

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

FWIW, I stated on numerous occasions that I had nothing whatsoever against Toronto as a club,

Aside from confirming you'd be - and then were - 'ecstatic' if they were excluded and ceased to exist as a result.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived