Rejoice! Super League is back

Is it a master stroke or just plain coincidence? Whatever, having Super League back on TV this weekend whilst sports viewers suffer Footballs ridiculously boring International Break is a mega boost for Rugby League.

Sky have 2 Super League games live Friday, Saturday & Sunday. 

It's a fantastic opening schedule and one that will surely capture settee bound sports fans for coming weeks. Premier League Football has fallen off a cliff entertainment wise and Super League has a unique opportunity to pinch a big section of their fed up viewing base.

Personally I prefer to watch 1 game live each day & record the less appealing remaining game for later in the week. That way I don't get spoiled.

Here are my Big Game preferred selections for live viewing this weekend:

Friday - Leigh v Wigan 

Saturday - Catalans v Hull KR

Sunday  - Castleford v Wire

A feast of Rugby League 🙂👍🏉🍺

add to that the dire nature of the six nations which was, even as an RU enjoyer, dull and frustrating and full of terrible rugby... if we can capture a few people by showing - look what you could have been watching - then this could be good too!

16 minutes ago, RP London said:

add to that the dire nature of the six nations which was, even as an RU enjoyer, dull and frustrating and full of terrible rugby... if we can capture a few people by showing - look what you could have been watching - then this could be good too!

But the 6 Nations was on terrestrial rugby and views by millions.  How's my will watch pay for TV?

Without Internationals we will not get coverage.

PS..  I fancy Leigh to play out of their skins and win.  Saints will score  a panfull.

15 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

But the 6 Nations was on terrestrial rugby and views by millions.  How's my will watch pay for TV?

Without Internationals we will not get coverage.

PS..  I fancy Leigh to play out of their skins and win.  Saints will score  a panfull.

i dont disagree about internationals etc (I bang on about it enough).. 

There will be quite a lot with pay tv though and sitting around doing nowt this weekend we may actually stand a chance of converting some, we dont need big numbers as its not like we are playing with big numbers ourselves! a small number would be a nice percentage increase.

I always think we should be trying to make the most of football international breaks as they are a snorefest. Glad we have this time.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Oh I don't know, San Marino are known to be prolific goal scorers in the first 10 seconds.

Showing your age there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

We have all 6 games here in Canada! Sadly behind the extra paywall of Sportsnet World but at least I can see them, plus 3 NRL games too. Oh happy days!

On 24/03/2021 at 08:25, Ramon Rojo said:

Is it a master stroke or just plain coincidence? Whatever, having Super League back on TV this weekend whilst sports viewers suffer Footballs ridiculously boring International Break is a mega boost for Rugby League.

Sky have 2 Super League games live Friday, Saturday & Sunday. 

It's a fantastic opening schedule and one that will surely capture settee bound sports fans for coming weeks. Premier League Football has fallen off a cliff entertainment wise and Super League has a unique opportunity to pinch a big section of their fed up viewing base.

Personally I prefer to watch 1 game live each day & record the less appealing remaining game for later in the week. That way I don't get spoiled.

Here are my Big Game preferred selections for live viewing this weekend:

Friday - Leigh v Wigan 

Saturday - Catalans v Hull KR

Sunday  - Castleford v Wire

A feast of Rugby League 🙂👍🏉🍺

I save games on the week too (across NRL too) 

Disadvantage is I have to avoid RL media in meantime 

19 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I save games on the week too (across NRL too) 

Disadvantage is I have to avoid RL media in meantime 

Tell me about it 😄

Almost impossible 

Worth the effort though, especially when the midweek sports offerings offer little better than Netball, American Football & the likes of Burnley v Palace 🤪

Archived