4 horse race

16 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans, Saints, Warrington, Leeds. They are the teams in with a chance of lifting the Super League trophy. 2 of those sides will compete in the Grand Final.

Big shout writing off the pies at this point. 

What's the Gregg's like in Leicester by the way? 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans, Saints, Warrington, Leeds. They are the teams in with a chance of lifting the Super League trophy. 2 of those sides will compete in the Grand Final.

Leeds are not even in the top 6 and still have catch up games with the likes of Saints, cant believe youve missed wigan off too. They are similar to Leeds season but have more points to show for it.

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

Leeds are not even in the top 6 and still have catch up games with the likes of Saints, cant believe youve missed wigan off too. They are similar to Leeds season but have more points to show for it.

If we keep playing every week we stand no chance. 

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That's only the 2nd time this year Leeds have managed to beat one of the teams above them in the table. They've been beaten by Catalans (twice), Saints (CC), Wigan, HKR and had lost the previous game against Hull.

Leeds are by no means guaranteed a top four, or even a top 5 finish

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Leeds have lost to Catalans twice, St Helens, Wigan, Hull and Hull KR this year. They still have to play Warrington, St Helens, Wigan, Hull and Hull KR. If they get a couple of results in those remaining games then you can probably start talking about them as possibles, if they have a similar record to how they have thus far, they can forget it. 

48 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

That's only the 2nd time this year Leeds have managed to beat one of the teams above them in the table. They've been beaten by Catalans (twice), Saints (CC), Wigan, HKR and had lost the previous game against Hull.

Leeds are by no means guaranteed a top four, or even a top 5 finish

Catalans are the only team to beat a Leeds side that wasn’t completely depleted, in the last 10 games Leeds have only lost to Catalans and Hull FC, the same Hull FC side they ripped to shreds last night.

17 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans are the only team to beat a Leeds side that wasn’t completely depleted, in the last 10 games Leeds have only lost to Catalans and Hull FC, the same Hull FC side they ripped to shreds last night.

So I guess none of your 6 wins against the completely depleted sides of Wakey, Cas, Salford or Leigh count then ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes, yes, everyone is terrified that Leeds are beating some poor teams.  Well done.

2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

If we keep playing every week we stand no chance. 

mate, i hate(friendly hate) wigan with a passion, but there's no way i'd bet against you getting to the GF, we've seen really patchy poor form from you guys where you've looked well out of it, only to get a spurt on later in the season.

It still easily could be wigan in the final. i dont know how you do it, but you do.

We're awful at the minute, we're so short in the front row it's not funny and we're even worse off in the coaching position but I still wouldn't rule us out completely. If we get all our players back as expected pretty soon and then have a decent trot with injuries you never know. Making ground has been an issue, as has soring points but Hardaker at full back and Field and Hastings in the halves should go a way to solving that (although it's a big 'if' when it comes to Lam picking that trio). The props haven't been brilliant recently but there's been an upturn in performance from guys like Singleton, Havard and Clark and if we can get that first choice backline out for the first time this season (well minus French), we'll have a full back 5 capable of making good ground from our end (Hardaker, Manfredi, Bibby, Gildart and Marshall) and two halfbacks capable of cutting teams up. We've also seen Pearce-Paul come in and eat up the ground and Bateman could now come in at loose forward and add to that. 

In short the issues with making ground and scoring points could be solved but we'll be stuck with this coach until the end of the season. The players will need to get over that as well as some decent sides to stand a chance but stranger things have happened. 

5 hours ago, WN83 said:

We're awful at the minute, we're so short in the front row it's not funny and we're even worse off in the coaching position but I still wouldn't rule us out completely. If we get all our players back as expected pretty soon and then have a decent trot with injuries you never know. Making ground has been an issue, as has soring points but Hardaker at full back and Field and Hastings in the halves should go a way to solving that (although it's a big 'if' when it comes to Lam picking that trio). The props haven't been brilliant recently but there's been an upturn in performance from guys like Singleton, Havard and Clark and if we can get that first choice backline out for the first time this season (well minus French), we'll have a full back 5 capable of making good ground from our end (Hardaker, Manfredi, Bibby, Gildart and Marshall) and two halfbacks capable of cutting teams up. We've also seen Pearce-Paul come in and eat up the ground and Bateman could now come in at loose forward and add to that. 

In short the issues with making ground and scoring points could be solved but we'll be stuck with this coach until the end of the season. The players will need to get over that as well as some decent sides to stand a chance but stranger things have happened. 

That is a very good and honest assessment…only thing I would say is that some fans keep calling Lam but he was coach last year and took Wigan to the League Leaders Shield and within seconds of at least drawing a Grand Final against my club. I do wonder what people’s view on Lam would be if Wigan had a better goal kicker that night or what if they chose to run it or kick for touch and line up for the one pointer or even took the draw to go for golden point. Not for a minute criticising Wigan’s fans (for once) as they know the club but, as other say, it’s not that odd to think they could get to the final again, it’s Wigan.

Top four places may be decided with what happens off the field (postponed games) players Leeds may struggle to make the four, Wigan with a few player back will be stronger especially Hardaker allowing Hastings back to the halves. The top 7 sides are all capable of beating each other on a one off game so no guarantees in the play off games. 

16 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

That is a very good and honest assessment…only thing I would say is that some fans keep calling Lam but he was coach last year and took Wigan to the League Leaders Shield and within seconds of at least drawing a Grand Final against my club. I do wonder what people’s view on Lam would be if Wigan had a better goal kicker that night or what if they chose to run it or kick for touch and line up for the one pointer or even took the draw to go for golden point. Not for a minute criticising Wigan’s fans (for once) as they know the club but, as other say, it’s not that odd to think they could get to the final again, it’s Wigan.

I think blaming Lam solely for this seasons woes is a bit unfair,player recruitment has been woeful for a few years now.

Our young forwards stepped up last year and put in sterling efforts to get us to within minutes of a GF win but they played a lot of games and should have been protected this year with experienced additions to the pack,especially as we lost SOL,Flower,Burgess,we also left ourselves short of depth in the backs after allowing French & Hastings extended leave, Marshall still recovering from ACL injury & ongoing injury problems for Manfredi & Gildart.

Yes Lam has made mistakes but he’s also been hung out to dry by Radlinski’s ineptitude.

On 30/07/2021 at 10:01, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Ripped to shreds 🤣

You had a great 10 minute period. The other 70 minutes you failed to get over the try line against an out-of-form Hull side missing some star players still.

If that's your idea of ripping to shreds, then I fear you'll be ripped to shreds a few more times this year before you ultimately miss out on the playoffs again.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived