2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A single red with a blue one would be better.

Whilst I think there's a lot to be said for England adopting the GB kit, I feel it would be funnier if we decided that a proper red shirt would be lovely. The fury from Wales would warm our houses through the winter.

(In all seriousness, a red shirt with a white V and white trim would get round most of the issues we have about the kit either being too plain or looking too much like a big club side we don't like).

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Whilst I think there's a lot to be said for England adopting the GB kit, I feel it would be funnier if we decided that a proper red shirt would be lovely. The fury from Wales would warm our houses through the winter.

(In all seriousness, a red shirt with a white V and white trim would get round most of the issues we have about the kit either being too plain or looking too much like a big club side we don't like).

Until we come up against Tonga

From the email I received it looks like sleeves maybe blue and I think a blue and red v but not easy to tell.

50% for anyone who bought last years short at full price.. seems fair as it was hardly ###### worn!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Until we come up against Tonga

Meh. They're tough Pacific islanders. They can play in skins.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Just seen the email and, yes, the teaser pics are very reminiscent of GB.  I’m sure it will sell very well. 

Yep, it looks like that, and the blurb sounds like they are going to go with that. Something many have suggested. 

• Like 1

The teaser pics showing blue could be the away version, I cannot see them going away from red and white, so maybe a GB style but with red shoulders and a double red Chevron, not a "V". I love a Chevron, classic and distinct RL.

New sponsor being announced too presumably, my guess is it's going to be Betfred on the front as they aren't on the teaser, with Ronseal on the back. Personally I'd prefer none on the national shirt, but money talks.

Also be interested to see if they change the badge, the Oxen training range currently has 2 different ones, the current one (which is way too busy) plus a single lion one (which is way too small).

Edited by Whippet13

19 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

The teaser pics showing blue could be the away version, I cannot see them going away from red and white, so maybe a GB style but with red shoulders and a double red Chevron, not a "V". I love a Chevron, classic and distinct RL.

New sponsor being announced too presumably, my guess is it's going to be Betfred on the front as they aren't on the teaser, with Ronseal on the back. Personally I'd prefer none on the national shirt, but money talks.

Also be interested to see if they change the badge, the Oxen training range currently has 2 different ones, the current one (which is way too busy) plus a single lion one (which is way too small).

I like the lion they use on their digital marketing. It's a nod to the GB lion but different enough to be used for England.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

Was anyone here consulted? I suspect the England Supporters Club (or whatever they called it) would make up the bulk of those asked. 

I'm one... and I wasn't...

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I like the lion they use on their digital marketing. It's a nod to the GB lion but different enough to be used for England.

Please please 🙏

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Betfred signed for two years, so it will be them: https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/england-betfred-principal-partnership-2022-rugby-league-world-cup/#:~:text=UK-based gambling brand Betfred,wheelchair national rugby league teams.

7 hours ago, Scubby said:

Will there be an accompanying training gear range. I like choice.

Isn't the more important question, will there be new mugs to compliment the new jersey?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

8 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Batchelors Mushy Peas would be good, I’d buy one and wear it with pride. I won’t be buying one advertising gambling though. 

4 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

It would be a remarkably aesthetically smart move to adopt a GB blue and red at the same as having a blue and red logo'd sponsor.

Having now seen the email like everyone else, it does seem that that's the direction we're being teased in.

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It would be a remarkably aesthetically smart move to adopt a GB blue and red at the same as having a blue and red logo'd sponsor.

Having now seen the email like everyone else, it does seem that that's the direction we're being teased in.

Just seen it. Looks very GB from the teasers. Not sure how I feel about that.

Also looks like they've kept the shield logo, not the lion head. Maybe in the future...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just seen it. Looks very GB from the teasers. Not sure how I feel about that.

Also looks like they've kept the shield logo, not the lion head. Maybe in the future...

Personally I don’t think we should be playing in a GB kit or using a lions head logo but I could be in a minority. The GB logo and kit is iconic, but not for England RL, don’t mind them adding a bit of blue into the design though and ill be happy if it doesn’t have a bloody big St George’s cross on it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Copying the GB brand would be a ridiculous move, so I can see it happening given it’s England, The RFL and Oxen combined. 

The bonus is.. it might mean GB us dead.. which would be a good thing!

People want an iconic shirt for england, they want GB back for the shirt.. here you go then. I don't like the shield badge as much as the new lions head but I can live with it.. but this shirt I shirt we should have done back in 2008.. change the name but keep the shirt.