Jump to content

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah, I phrased that a bit poorly, I meant someone completely new, not just a rebadged GB cos if England were to win I wouldn't feel really like a new team had won. 

Yeah, I got the point you were making and it's not something I want to make a big deal of, but each time GB won the world cup they did have Welsh and/or Scottish players playing. Of their three WC winning captains there is 1 Scot, 1 Englishman & 1 Welshman.

GB now would be almost a rebadged England, but back then with the number of union players changing code from south Wales (and to a lesser extent the Scottish border counties), it really was a British team.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Griff said:

That can't be right.

There's a countdown clock on the website showing 57 days to go.

with a picture of Carol Vorderman!

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Yeah, I got the point you were making and it's not something I want to make a big deal of, but each time GB won the world cup they did have Welsh and/or Scottish players playing. Of their three WC winning captains there is 1 Scot, 1 Englishman & 1 Welshman.

GB now would be almost a rebadged England, but back then with the number of union players changing code from south Wales (and to a lesser extent the Scottish border counties), it really was a British team.

If you don't want to make a big deal about it why are you carrying on with it? I phrased something poorly, I have expressed my own personal feelings towards something, I agree with the point you have made, I really do.

I have had a ###### ###### day and can not be doing with a morally righteous pedant having a go right now. So let's just shut up about it and pretend I never said anything in the first place. 

And now you're going on block so I don't have to read any potential replies from you to this post. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If you don't want to make a big deal about it why are you carrying on with it? I phrased something poorly, I have expressed my own personal feelings towards something, I agree with the point you have made, I really do.

I have had a ###### ###### day and can not be doing with a morally righteous pedant having a go right now. So let's just shut up about it and pretend I never said anything in the first place. 

And now you're going on block so I don't have to read any potential replies from you to this post. 

Just on the off chance that you didn't block me - I wasn't intending my comments to be a criticism of you, I was just talking around the subject and I'm glad we agree.

Apologies for the morally righteous pedantry. I realised it might come across as being a little pedantic, which was why I prefaced my response by saying it wasn't a big deal. I wasn't making any sort of moral point.

I hope the rest of your day improves.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

They should say absolutely nothing about the World Cup beyond selling it and promising to come … Just turn up and get on with it , they’ve said more than enough and caused enough trouble 

The ARLC and the NRL clubs have a huge fear of the RLWC undermining SOO and there is a genuine fear in Australian Rugby League of Tonga beating the Kangaroos in the semi final or the final

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Yeah, I got the point you were making and it's not something I want to make a big deal of, but each time GB won the world cup they did have Welsh and/or Scottish players playing. Of their three WC winning captains there is 1 Scot, 1 Englishman & 1 Welshman.

GB now would be almost a rebadged England, but back then with the number of union players changing code from south Wales (and to a lesser extent the Scottish border counties), it really was a British team.

I bet the flying scotsman is spinning in his kilt at this..

🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I bet the flying scotsman is spinning in his kilt at this..

🤣🤣

More likely watching the chip pan, with a flagon of wife beater.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Why are we sure that they are even going to come? I still think they will pull out because the NRL doesn´t want it and they will still find cases to create reasons not to go. 

Australia should be banned from international RL IMHO.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

No let them take part and hopefully they won't win. 

Well their best players have long retired and they can't beat Tonga so I don't think Australia are the force they were 10 years ago.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Copa said:

Hopefully i can fly over from australia for it ..

Just be careful as it may impact your ability to attend a pre season friendly in 2023 😀

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll just throw this in to be contentious. We all thought 12 month ago we'd be covid free by now, so what happens in another 12 months and we're still struggling to cope with this bloody thing and aud/nz do the same again???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...