Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will be a neutral Futtocks, being a Lancashire lad, I will be firmly in Saints corner tomorrow night against the Yorkshire club and I expect them to win, so come next Saturday guess where my preferance will be?

Do you think it will be good for the sport for Catalans to win?

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will be a neutral Futtocks, being a Lancashire lad, I will be firmly in Saints corner tomorrow night against the Yorkshire club and I expect them to win, so come next Saturday guess where my preferance will be?

If only the Catalans were based near the M62 eh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well done Catalans...and Hull KR too, for turning themselves round this season. Childs did well, too. All round, a great game.

• Like 3

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Well done Catalans...and Hull KR too, for turning themselves round this season. Childs did well, too. All round, a great game.

I agree. However, at a French XIII forum, Child's performance was seen as biased against Catalans but they prevailed despite his arbitration. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Love that they pulled McIllorum up on that pass into Keinhorst, sometimes the old dogs can’t get away with the old tricks eh 😂

Thought to myself that McIlorum surely couldn't have been stupid enough to do that on purpose.

Then saw the replay.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

26 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If only the Catalans were based near the M62 eh.

Apparently an earthquake has been recorded along the M62 with RL traditionalist stamping their feet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

19 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I agree. However, at a French XIII forum, Child's performance was seen as biased against Catalans but they prevailed despite his arbitration. 

To be fair, Catalan supporters could Have Gauch reffing the game and claim he was biased.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Well done Dracs !

Fingers crossed for the grand final .

I hope too Toulouse going in Superleague and a beginning of resurrection for the french RL.

Only 5 French players in tonight's Catalan Dragons side, let's not get carried away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, clogdance said:

Only 5 French players in tonight's Catalan Dragons side, let's not get carried away.

English teams have been the worst offenders for using imports since 1895.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Well done Dracs !

Fingers crossed for the grand final .

I hope too Toulouse going in Superleague and a beginning of resurrection for the french RL.

That would be nice. The media in France may then start to acknowledge the game and give it reasonable coverage.  

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 minutes ago, RayCee said:

That would be nice. The media in France may then start to acknowledge the game and give it reasonable coverage.  

The media in France have a bigger bias against RL than our league loving press in comparison.

What it will do is give that region of France that has suffered from poor investment for years a shot in the arm and get more local businessmen and politicians to get involved.

In France the political element cannot be underestimated as far as sport goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

No Tomkins, no Cats win, in my view.

I really did mean "no SAM"

Now, who should I tip for the GF? 😀😀😀😀

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

Mourgue, Yaha, Garcia, Bousquet, Chan and Goudemand. That’s 6 I believe. And they had 9 Frenchmen named in the 21 man squad. Catalans squad is made up of players from various nationalities, as is every squad in Super League.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

When Catalans walk out at Old Trafford in eight days time, I would have though the only RL fans not cheering them on will be the respective supporters of whichever team wins the second SF tonight.

Oh, and maybe a few small minded "traditionalists".

A new name reaching the Final is great news for our sport.

A French team winning it would be the greatest thing to happen to our sport since Les Cats won the RL Challenge Cup.

I simply cannot understand the mindset of anyone who might think otherwise.

• Like 10

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."