RL on Channel 4

dkw

On 03/02/2022 at 11:15, Dave T said:

I agree. Sinfield bores me to tears. But tbh, my wife likes him and doesn't find him too bad to listen to so maybe its not a universal view.

Sinfield comes across as being as dull as ditch-water but I can see him being good at analysis, Pryce has always come across well when he's had a gig elsewhere and Adam HIlls is an excellent choice as presenter/anchor man.

Hills and Sinfield also bring familiarity to those curious amongst the audience.

Wish them all well and I am looking forward to this new dimension in coverage.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Clive Tyldesley rumoured to be the C4 commentator. Blast from the past!

For God's sake don't tell him there's no away goal rule in RL, or he'll refuse the job. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I don’t get it, chief. He used to commentate on RL.

On itv, yes. I remember I think watching a charity shield game at anfield where he commentated. Not sure it was on national ITV, as think I was visiting Oop North at time. 

Think he'd be a really good addition to the C4 coverage.

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Clive Tyldesley rumoured to be the C4 commentator. Blast from the past!

Iconic voice I always associate with World Cup’s and European Championships. Even if his knowledge of the intricacies of the game was limited, he’d be able to tell the story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I don’t get it, chief. He used to commentate on RL.

I know, but it used to be a common joke about his Football commentary that, during European competitions, he'd mention the away goal rule at least 20 times per match. 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Padge said:

Sinfield comes across as being as dull as ditch-water but I can see him being good at analysis, Pryce has always come across well when he's had a gig elsewhere and Adam HIlls is an excellent choice as presenter/anchor man.

Hills and Sinfield also bring familiarity to those curious amongst the audience.

Wish them all well and I am looking forward to this new dimension in coverage.

I think it's a good set up, an excitable man in Leon, a technical straight talking Sinfield and an obvious massive RL fan in Hill. 

So sky has stopped RL games on CH4 from being recorded apparently, just checked and I can't series link or record nexr Saturdays game, but it's possible on virgin, BT etc.

Hopefully this is just a fault, but seems very odd.

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

I like the way they are trying to sell this by creating a story and rivalry. A simple sell but something RL continually fails to do.

Exactly, its so easy to build a bit of hype with a montage set to music, RU have managed to do it with the 6 Nations to a degree where people are inventing false memories of watching matches from years gone by.

Edited by DI Keith Fowler
  • Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I know, but it used to be a common joke about his Football commentary that, during European competitions, he'd mention the away goal rule at least 20 times per match. 

…and if he doesn’t mention 1999 in the Nou Camp if any games close at the end that’ll be a miracle  

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Has the presenting line up actually been officially announced?

Adam Hills on Sunday Brunch mentioned it but said something like, I think Channel 4 are now covering Super League, didn’t sound like he was presenting it?

That was just introductory chat with the various guests; his interview hasn't happened yet.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Has the presenting line up actually been officially announced?

Adam Hills on Sunday Brunch mentioned it but said something like, I think Channel 4 are now covering Super League, didn’t sound like he was presenting it?

It’s great that Adam Hills is covertly promoting Channel 4’s Super League coverage 

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s great that Adam Hills is covertly promoting Channel 4’s Super League coverage 

Apparently he was on talksport last week and kept mentioning the sport.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

This is what the NFL gets so right for me season after season.

Not just nfl but most US sport. The way they market the college sport rivalry is crazy. I didn't mean to get hooked on College American football but I am, and it was because of just this. Struggling to avoid the college basketball stuff, but feel myself getting sucked in as March approaches! 

• Like 2