Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

Leeds only allocated 1500 to saints, shooting themselves in the foot there, is that the capacity of the derelict stand they force away fans into?

No, not even half the capacity of the away end. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

But I have no idea what "shooting themselves in the foot" means, or what you think it means.

Very few away ticket allocations in SL are fixed and they are often decided in consultation with the away team - i.e. how many do you think you will sell. If the away team thinks they are going to sell out their allocation the conventional thing is to ask the home club for more tickets. If that didn't happen then St Helens have an administration problem.

Edited by M j M

3 hours ago, M j M said:

No, not even half the capacity of the away club. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

But I have no idea what "shooting themselves in the foot" means, or what you think it means.

Very few away ticket allocations in SL are fixed and they are often decided in consultation with the away team - i.e. how many do you think you will sell. If the away team thinks they are going to sell out their allocation the conventional thing is to ask the home club for more tickets. If that didn't happen then St Helens have an administration problem.

I think Saints sold 1,800 in all with a few more paying at the gate(or using a debit card). How much are seating tickets in the North Stand MJM, if i ever go to Leeds again i might be tempted to take a sit down. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M j M said:

No, not even half the capacity of the away club. St Helens were also allocated seats in the North Stand.

Just mean lack of revenue.

Away fans tend to want to stick together in one end but its good that some who don't want to or can't stand all game have a sit down option.

Surprised it ended up 14k great showing from the Leeds faithful during a period of uncertainty.

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

Leeds only allocated 1500 to saints, shooting themselves in the foot there, is that the capacity of the derelict stand they force away fans into?

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Just mean lack of revenue.

Away fans tend to want to stick together in one end but its good that some who don't want to or can't stand all game have a sit down option.

Surprised it ended up 14k great showing from the Leeds faithful during a period of uncertainty.

So they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot and No away fans were “forced” to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So they didn’t shoot themselves in the foot and No away fans were “forced” to do anything.

Calm down amigo..

Away fans want to stay together, bit poor on Leeds to house the away fans in early 20th century conditions but hey ho its the same for all visiting clubs.

I was enquiring the capacity of this dodgy stand and were Leeds limiting themselves ie shooting themselves in the foot.

The away end looked full and if its 3500ish that end can fit in then maybe there were several pay on the gate.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

I think Saints sold 1,800 in all with a few more paying at the gate(or using a debit card). How much are seating tickets in the North Stand MJM, if i ever go to Leeds again i might be tempted to take a sit down. 

Adult is £32 if bought in advance. Away fans are allocated Section A which is adjacent to the Western Terrace.

It was a good following from Saints on Friday, the terrace looked around half full. The official capacity is exactly 4,000 so maybe 2,000 fans. Perhaps a bit less as some Leeds fans do stand there.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of today’s Championship or L1 attendances? Not sure if I can wait until League Express arrives. 

I was at Keighley. Attendance announced as 863.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of today’s Championship or L1 attendances? Not sure if I can wait until League Express arrives. 

You won't find any on Twitter. Why, I don't know. In between informing us when the coach farts, clubs ought to be able to tweet the day's attendance. How difficult can it be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

I was at Keighley. Attendance announced as 863.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not official and merely a guess but I’d say around 400-450 at Hurricanes. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

You won't find any on Twitter. Why, I don't know. In between informing us when the coach farts, clubs ought to be able to tweet the day's attendance. How difficult can it be?

It’s similar with the radio, countless times I’ve been listening to Radio Leeds and you can hear the crowd announcement in the background but the commentator is waffling over the top....just stop, breathe for 5 seconds and let us statfans get our fix! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

1,438 at Wire v Saints in the women's Challenge Cup.

As reported by Wire on Twitter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

56 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Not official and merely a guess but I’d say around 400-450 at Hurricanes. 

Not bad for their first game on a cold day. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

1,438 at Wire v Saints in the women's Challenge Cup.

As reported by Wire on Twitter.

Over half what the blokes got last week, impressive. 

Decent crowd at Hurricanes. Don't know the official figures but it was over 400 close to kick off. Last year's crowds were way down (related to Covid), higher rent, and no other income streams. For a first game this was good, bar and food did well so something to build on. Some big community events upcoming so expect bigger crowds at those events. All in all a good start at the new (temporary) ground. 

• Thanks 1

All this week’s attendances according to League Express

Cas v Toulouse.    7067

Hudds v Cats.  3845

HKR v Wire    10069

Leeds v Saints.   14083

Wakefield  v Salford.  4371

Wigan v Hull.    9581

Barrow v Batley.       1964

Fev v Sheffield.        2842

Halifax v Whitehaven.   1413

Leigh v Dewsbury.     2569

London v Bradford.      Not given

Workington v York.      Not given

Hunslet v Oldham.      654

Keighley v Doncaster.  863

Midlands v Swinton.  478

North Wales v Cornwall. 690

West Wales v Rochdale. 251

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Cas v Toulouse.    7067

Hudds v Cats.  3845

HKR v Wire    10069

Leeds v Saints.   14083

Wigan v Hull.    9581

Midlands v Swinton.  478

Thanks. How have you got these from League Express already? 

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Thanks. How have you got these from League Express already? 

I get it online through Pocketmags. Always get it about 10.30 on Sunday evening. £49.99 for the year.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Cas v Toulouse.    7067

Hudds v Cats.  3845

HKR v Wire    10069

Leeds v Saints.   14083

Wigan v Hull.    9581

Midlands v Swinton.  478

Wakey and Giants poor but with both winning hopefully picks up.  Pies were on thursday. 

Champ fax and probably London will be poor. 

Rest are all decent.