Crack for Barrow away

Evs62

I just don’t understand going into the championship how big forwards weren’t number 1 on the recruitment list? Why didn’t we look overseas if we have the money and no one available over here. Haven seem to bring them over easy enough? We ended up just getting what Newcastle didn’t want 

Edited by Town67
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do they ? Zero people I’ve talked to 

He could start by having a pack of forwards instead of a pack of hookers. It's still recoverable but every week that passes and the issues aren't addressed make it harder. If we can get Tate's loan extended that'll give us something to build on.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, donald said:

Would make sense for haven to release Riley and town to release singleton then both can crack on at their new clubs

With Havens injurys I doubt they'd be wanting to release anyone, there could still be a future at Haven for Riley, it's a different scenario to Singleton and Town

13 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

With Havens injurys I doubt they'd be wanting to release anyone, there could still be a future at Haven for Riley, it's a different scenario to Singleton and Town

From what I heard about how it ended I doubt there’s a future for Pez at Town 

43 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do they ? Zero people I’ve talked to 

Some of the people I've spoke to do, i think they are just clutching at straws my self. 

A big front row should have been priority. Then  build around it. Availability and finances will probably have affected things but as soon as the playoff final was won the hunt for props for the championship should have begun. There'll never be a  substitute for a big pack in RL. 

24 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

We had 2451 at Craven Park yesterday. Any idea how many you guys brought down?

Seemed around 200 to me.

That figure must be a little disappointing for barrow given the investment in your squad along with your league position.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

Seemed around 200 to me.

Agree about 200 on par with London and Sheffield.

2 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Seemed around 200 to me.

Very good attendance and to be honest it was a very long time since I payed 12 pound to watch a game which was good aswel as getting a 5 pound token when I got there which was a added bonus would like to know how the club can afford to sustain that fair play if its paying off 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

I believe there’s a Fijian coming in visa been cleared by the rfl, don’t know if it’s a back or a midget forward. Allegedly???

🤣🤣 Ooh that's a bit cynical. He's maybe a hooker as we are a bit short! 

• Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

I believe there’s a Fijian coming in visa been cleared by the rfl, don’t know if it’s a back or a midget forward. Allegedly???

Another big Jim would do nicely

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Town67 said:

The club want him but don’t think it’s mutual for one thing or another 

So ok the club want him fair shout, but does the coach want him, that's the problem.  

4 hours ago, JMB said:

So ok the club want him fair shout, but does the coach want him, that's the problem.  

Why is Chris not part of the club now? 

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

21 minutes ago, JMB said:

A few rumours going around about a unsettled change room between him and some of the local players,  

Heard same crack one of towns better players is my mates apprentice and he says it's not all roses with Mr thorman

How many local players have left from last season?

yes some aren’t up to standard for championship but you need to man manage these players and why offer them contracts if you don’t want them?

1 hour ago, JMB said:

A few rumours going around about a unsettled change room between him and some of the local players,  

Getting excited then ?

Edited by DocH
  • Like 1