Leeds to Host New Zealand at Headingly.

Leeds Rhinos to host New Zealand in World Cup warm-up at Headingley | Yorkshire Evening Post

" The blockbuster clash, on Saturday, October 8 (6pm), will be Rhinos’ first meeting with Test opposition since a full house at Headingley saw them narrowly beaten by the Kiwis seven years ago. It comes a week before the tournament begins and eight days ahead of New Zealand’s opener against Lebanon in Warrington. "

Great for the build up for the Cup I thought.

They played Leeds in 2015 too. Matches like this would be very profitable to both parties and I could see other countries following suit.

The likes of Wigan v Tonga or Saints v Samoa would really give those countries and the club a financial boost.

7 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Leeds Rhinos to host New Zealand in World Cup warm-up at Headingley | Yorkshire Evening Post

" The blockbuster clash, on Saturday, October 8 (6pm), will be Rhinos’ first meeting with Test opposition since a full house at Headingley saw them narrowly beaten by the Kiwis seven years ago. It comes a week before the tournament begins and eight days ahead of New Zealand’s opener against Lebanon in Warrington. "

Great for the build up for the Cup I thought.

Seems about right, the game could not have surely have been arranged against

1. A team with a number of expected WC player's 

2. Any team who could possibly feature in the GF 2 weeks prior to this date.

But good on both teams, in having the foresight to arrange this.

That is quite cutting Harry. Personally I expect a big Leeds revival and for them to slide in effortlessly into the Top 6 before the end of the season. 

Given your criteria, excitingly hopeful for the emerging Australia v SRD game then...........

Pretty handy for club finances this game though.

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Jealous. Hope for a few more of these. A Saints v Tonga game, given the Tongan connections and recent donations to the country would be a real feelgood story. 

Yes it would be good to see but be sensible about it, Engkands first game is on the 15th Oct, when do you expect this game of yours to be played, also is the friendly v Fiji still going ahead? 

And I know injuries can accur in any game, but would you expect Mr Wane to be overjoyed at the prospect of risking the Saints contingent in a game arranged to help Tonga in their preparations?

I hope Warrington plan a game. I expect we will be at a loose end come October too.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes it would be good to see but be sensible about it, Engkands first game is on the 15th Oct, when do you expect this game of yours to be played, also is the friendly v Fiji still going ahead? 

And I know injuries can accur in any game, but would you expect Mr Wane to be overjoyed at the prospect of risking the Saints contingent in a game arranged to help Tonga in their preparations?

Do you think any of the players selected by England (if there are any) who play for Leeds will play against New Zealand?

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Do you think any of the players selected by England (if there are any) who play for Leeds will play against New Zealand?

Did I not intimate that in my first post?

So you would want to see a much weakened Saints team play Tonga, What's the point?

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Jealous. Hope for a few more of these. A Saints v Tonga game, given the Tongan connections and recent donations to the country would be a real feelgood story. 

Same, I love tour matches like this and they don't happen very often these days. Hull v New Zealand in the last game at the Boulevard will always be one of my favourite moments watching RL. 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did I not intimate that in my first post?

So you would want to see a much weakened Saints team play Tonga, What's the point?

I thought you'd be a fan of this sort of thing Harry?

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Can’t wait for the Whitehaven v Australia announcement. 

The cowards need to recreate the classic Cumbria v ANZAC XIII 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

The Fiji game was announced to be going ahead at Rochdale but there is no sign of tickets on the Rochdale web site and a FAQ page about the game appears to relate to last years postponed game.

Also Rochdale have a capacity restriction of 920 for reasons the club are unwilling to announce. Unless that is removed I cant see the game being played at Rochdale.

6 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

The Fiji game was announced to be going ahead at Rochdale but there is no sign of tickets on the Rochdale web site and a FAQ page about the game appears to relate to last years postponed game.

Also Rochdale have a capacity restriction of 920 for reasons the club are unwilling to announce. Unless that is removed I cant see the game being played at Rochdale.

The game will have very little to do with Rochdale Hornets as a club and dialect will almost certainly have been between The RFL and Rochdale AFC, who are not restricted. 

29 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The game will have very little to do with Rochdale Hornets as a club and dialect will almost certainly have been between The RFL and Rochdale AFC, who are not restricted. 

The post on the Rochdale Hornets website on 23 August 2021 has Hornets CEO referring to the game being arranged under an agreement between Rochdale Hornets, The rugby league and Fiji rugby league. 

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

The post on the Rochdale Hornets website on 23 August 2021 has Hornets CEO referring to the game being arranged under an agreement between Rochdale Hornets, The rugby league and Fiji rugby league. 

And whoever owns the stadium, whether it’s Rochdale AFC or a third party. 

Archived