Nathan Peats signs for Toulouse

Upgrade on Cunningham with some upside, started in the CN Allstars side that beat England last year so I'm sure he's still good enough to add value at this level.

TO squad starting to take shape now that some injuries have returned. Schaumkel dropping 200 running metres in his SL debut after a lengthy layoff shows how important he'll be to their side, Russell/Schaumkel pairing would have to be one of the best for yardage in the league which is especially important in a struggling side.

• Like 2

So that was the reason for Vaivai being released, to free up a quota spot. Perhaps Gigot will be playing centre from now on with Norman and Albert in the halves. 

Peats is an ordinary player but he’ll bring control of the ruck which is perhaps what they need. And he’ll bring organisation to their attacking structure but he won’t add much else

• Like 1

As you say he controls a game, he completely turned the season around for Albi here in France, 

He didn't do anything spectacular just controlled everything, made the right decisions from dummy half, he was like having the coach on the field, 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, barnyia said:

As you say he controls a game, he completely turned the season around for Albi here in France, 

He didn't do anything spectacular just controlled everything, made the right decisions from dummy half, he was like having the coach on the field, 

Sums him up really . Hardly ever ran from dummy half in the NRL , just good passing and direction from the ruck and plenty of tackling . 

27 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Let's hope it's a signing that can lift Toulouse off the bottom for peat's sake

I’m glad I lent you my well worn copy of ‘ Michael Portillo’s Great Book of Quips and Witticisms ‘

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Sums him up really . Hardly ever ran from dummy half in the NRL , just good passing and direction from the ruck and plenty of tackling . 

Could be just what Toulouse need,they already have plenty of off the cuff creativity.

14 hours ago, DoubleD said:

So that was the reason for Vaivai being released, to free up a quota spot. Perhaps Gigot will be playing centre from now on with Norman and Albert in the halves. 

Peats is an ordinary player but he’ll bring control of the ruck which is perhaps what they need. And he’ll bring organisation to their attacking structure but he won’t add much else

I'm still digging about the Vaivai release, they are keeping shtum but I'm not sure it was for a quota spot. 

16 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Has Vai Vai definitely been released? 

Peats can be class with a decent coach. Like the idea of him starting with Pellisier coming off the bench for impact. 

Definitely. On his way back to Australia now.

• Like 1

It's a pity they didn't sign Thomas lacans from Lézignan, he's been the best 9 in elite this year, but I suppose it's difficult to take a risk on a young French player when you can still get relegated, peats has the experience to help them stay up. I heard they where in contact with Thomas but chose peats, hopefully Thomas will get a summer in England playing at least championship level to help his chances of getting into the France team for the world cup. 

• Like 4