Never heard of Leigh??

14 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

""We haven't been to Leigh before. We like it very much and I definitely want to go to a rugby match."

- two Dutch fans in the piece

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I imagined this would be a thread about train spotters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

23 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

""We haven't been to Leigh before. We like it very much and I definitely want to go to a rugby match."

On Sunday I was explaining to a Swedish couple that it was a primarily Rugby stadium as I directed them into the town centre 

I might just join some of the DUTCH for a beer tomorrow afternoon 

Been reported as sell outs ( just over 7K capacity as they can't use the North stand terrace ) but some empty seats due to sponsor tickets not being used 

Read that wrong didn't I , it's the Swedes who are back tomorrow 🙄

Edited by GUBRATS

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Their wish can come true on 28th July, for just down the road.......😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Been reported as sell outs ( just over 7K capacity as they can't use the North stand terrace ) but some empty seats due to sponsor tickets not being used 

That was the case at Brighton last night. Sell-out of available tickets but where you could see gaps it was pretty obvious they were returned groups/sponsor mini-sections.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I might just join some of the Dutch for a beer tomorrow afternoon 

My experience of trying to match drinks with serious Dutch boozers is that I'd plan your route home in advance and not have anything in the diary for the next couple of days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

My experience of trying to match drinks with serious Dutch boozers is that I'd plan your route home in advance and not have anything in the diary for the next couple of days.

Hence why they need a big orange bus to follow to find the stadium 

• Like 1

The atmosphere in the town has been fantastic since the start of the euros, the council and the LSV have really made an effort and it shows. I’m glad they have had every success after all their hard work. Nice to see such a positive piece for a change of reading all the negative RL ones. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, binosh said:

The atmosphere in the town has been fantastic since the start of the euros, the council and the LSV have really made an effort and it shows. I’m glad they have had every success after all their hard work. Nice to see such a positive piece for a change of reading all the negative RL ones. 

Which council? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Etymology. From Middle English legh, lege, lei (“clearing, open ground”) from Old English lēah (“clearing in a forest”) from Proto-Germanic *lauhaz (“meadow”), from Proto-Indo-European *lówkos (“field, meadow”).

If I was Dutch I wouldn't have heard of a forest clearing in the North of England either. 

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1