Wolves sign Josh McGuire

Just now, meast said:

Is he another onr of mega rich Warrington's conveyor belt of young talent coming through?

It could be me, but i don't see how a 32 year old has been from the NRL will benefit the Wolves for more than a year or British Rugby League as a whole.

We really need to bring in rules that lesson the amount of has been's and never was players from the NRL playing here and certain clubs need get get more serious about junior development

52 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It could be me, but i don't see how a 32 year old has been from the NRL will benefit the Wolves for more than a year or British Rugby League as a whole.

We really need to bring in rules that lesson the amount of has been's and never was players from the NRL playing here and certain clubs need get get more serious about junior development

If you think McGuire is of no benefit,wait until Dufty arrives at the HWJ.

• Haha 3

I don't think this is a bad signing at all.

McGuire a tough competitor and pretty skilful for a big man.  I think the Wire fans will enjoy watching him play. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I dont want to see Wire fans moaning next year when hes up in front of the beak every other week.  

You know exactly what your going to get with Josh. If you sign a player like that you have to accept the consiquences. 

Wonder if Skybet will run a book over who will miss the most games through suspension next season? 

37 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

I dont want to see Wire fans moaning next year when hes up in front of the beak every other week.  

You know exactly what your going to get with Josh. If you sign a player like that you have to accept the consiquences. 

Wonder if Skybet will run a book over who will miss the most games through suspension next season? 

Why don't you want to see the fans moaning? We didn't sign him. 

• 10 months later...
On 21/07/2022 at 22:35, Ragingbull said:

I did warn you all last July exactly what would happen with Josh McGuire. Was always going to happen. 

Has been an absolute liability for years now

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

So having been banned already for a similar offence, if found guilty, he will surely be in for a longer rest? 

Fresh for the play offs.....and ready to make it Wire's year?

Or imminent release?

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

I did warn you all last July exactly what would happen with Josh McGuire. Was always going to happen. 

Has been an absolute liability for years now

What did you expect @Leeds Wire, @Dave T and me to do? Build barricades around the HJ?

You were right, McGuire seems to be a complete person who I hold in very low esteem.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 21/07/2022 at 19:44, Davo5 said:

If you think McGuire is of no benefit,wait until Dufty arrives at the HWJ.

Me and The Dufty have met twice this season

First time Matty took time to "clap" me and the Salford end after Wire came back to win. Sh!thouse.

Second time at Magic I "clapped" Matt after FC came back to win. Fun house.

Matt was charged with holding the ball.

I was charged with holding a vegan roll, nachos with salsa,  sauce and added jalapenos

Dufty dropped, Haggis held.

McGuire might as well have been signed to collect the rubbish left by Matt and me. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

To be replaced with Brodie Croft & Wire to win the GF.....

Brodie Croft wouldn't win Wire a GF, they've already got Williams who is a just as capable a running half. Brierley or Sneyd would have more impact on the current Wire spine than Croft.

Am I the only one who finds the length of bans for able-ist language a bit much? Heat of the moment stuff, with terms that have entered common parlance.

McGuire has admitted that the first one was nasty and that it was an exchange of words. That's the sort of thing that I would prefer to see left on the field. Shake hands (or not), move on.

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Am I the only one who finds the length of bans for able-ist language a bit much? Heat of the moment stuff, with terms that have entered common parlance.

McGuire has admitted that the first one was nasty and that it was an exchange of words. That's the sort of thing that I would prefer to see left on the field. Shake hands (or not), move on.

I agree, a bit more worrying is player's running after officials saying players have said inappropriate words to them. It's different if officials hear those comments but regardless if McGuire is a liability (and not much of a loss on the field) if this becomes the normal way for player's to react teams will need bigger squads and the amateur game will cease to exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I agree, a bit more worrying is player's running after officials saying players have said inappropriate words to them. It's different if officials hear those comments but regardless if McGuire is a liability (and not much of a loss on the field) if this becomes the normal way for player's to react teams will need bigger squads and the amateur game will cease to exist.

He should have learnt his lesson after the first ban, but I do still have a smidgen of sympathy for him copping what I feel is an excessive ban.

4 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

What exactly is able-ist language? 🤷🏼

15 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

What exactly is able-ist language? 🤷🏼

Ableism is discrimination and social prejudice against people with disabilities. Ableist language refers to individual words and phrases (like “dumb” or “crazy”) as well as metaphors or expressions (such as “emotionally crippled”) that perpetuate negative stereotypes about people with disabilities.

• Thanks 1