Help secure the future of Warrington RLFC

I understand a consortium of Wakefield fans have read your passionate request.

They have contacted Warrington Wolves and have managed to agree a financial deal with Wire that will keep Karl in his current position for another ten years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Who owns Warrington RLFC?

Simon Moran, he of concert promoter fame and with a vested interest in all things successful...well, apart from...

I look forward to the mornings when I can see what gifts the evening antics of Dallas Mead may bring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

By sacking Karl Fitzpatrick. Please and thank you.

Thought you would have gone for a hat trick of banned topics. But you are consistent. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Simon Moran, he of concert promoter fame and with a vested interest in all things successful...well, apart from...

Just wiki-refed him. Given all that it says about him, you'd think that if he thought Kirkpatrick was responsible for the demise of this once-mediocre club, he'd have dispensed with his services.  Maybe it's Dallas who is mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Does Karl Fitzpatrick have a wife or daughter called Debbie?

Perhaps that might go some way to explaining the OP's bitterness.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Help secure the mental well-being and contentment of the forum and sack Dallas Mead 

If we get to 100,000 signatures they'll have to debate it in Parliament.

I'll start ...

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I won't dignify the opening troll but I am intrigued where Wire fans think the club has gone wrong off the field since Covid.

At the start of the season I was expecting some sort of optimism now the dark days of Priceball were over and they'd just appointed one of the best regarded coaches in the league who was known for promoting attractive football. But even before the team started to display their comedic turns crowds were down and apathy clearly evident.

What happened? 

• Thanks 1

So what is Mr Fitzpatrick actually guilty of, I have not seen him miss any tackles, give a knock on or forward pass, give away loads of penalties and even sulk when they are losing, could it be that he selects the team and is Mr Powell's game planner and tactical advisor? If so he needs sacking.

• Like 5

Simon Moran isn’t the only major benefactor, he’s one of a few. He’s just the most well-known as he was the first on board in the club’s new era post-2004, when he was solely responsible for a couple of the early big-money signings.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

53 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Simon Moran isn’t the only major benefactor, he’s one of a few. He’s just the most well-known as he was the first on board in the club’s new era post-2004, when he was solely responsible for a couple of the early big-money signings.

He's the majority owner though isn't he?

London are doing their bit to help the Wire, we playing in wire colours this season to spread awareness and hopefully help people in the south have more awareness of the wire, and put at least one trip up Naaarth to see the wire play

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M j M said:

He's the majority owner though isn't he?

Yes he has a bit more than Middleton, the current chairman.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

27 minutes ago, crashmon said:

London are doing their bit to help the Wire, we playing in wire colours this season to spread awareness and hopefully help people in the south have more awareness of the wire, and put at least one trip up Naaarth to see the wire play

Well, the majority of south Warrington seems to be exiled Southerners, so makes sense! And a sprinkling of Welsh too.

7 hours ago, M j M said:

I won't dignify the opening troll but I am intrigued where Wire fans think the club has gone wrong off the field since Covid.

At the start of the season I was expecting some sort of optimism now the dark days of Priceball were over and they'd just appointed one of the best regarded coaches in the league who was known for promoting attractive football. But even before the team started to display their comedic turns crowds were down and apathy clearly evident.

What happened? 

In my opinion its the lateness of the changes needed to keep the club at the top end, so wire fans point out that it only needed tweaking after Price. I saw a reduced leading group replaced by very average players. Some high profile playmakers signed but a very poor first choice pack and with no signs of allowing any platform to be laid for backs to work off. Hopefully the forwards signed for next season will have enough leaders to push the playing group to higher standards because no matter how good a coach is if he has no leaders he will fail. 

• Like 2

On 30/07/2022 at 23:09, Dallas Mead said:

By sacking Karl Fitzpatrick. Please and thank you.

Surely the coach and players are more to blame

• Like 1