Thur 4th Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/22 at 19:30

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Compared to Wakefield's last 2 coaches though who were both top notch award winning coaches, there's no comparison!

Chester is by far the worst coach wakey have had in SL. Bloke before him wasnt that bad to be honest, in he was quite good.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kiggy said:

The coach isn't up to much? He's been with them for 10 years is only 41 (yesterday) and taken them from nothing to the Super League. What a stupid comment

They only came up last year thanks to playing half as many games as anyone else and being fresh as a daisy come the play offs. And now he’s taken them straight back down with a game plan of relying on a handful of players individual efforts. No set moves, virtually no decoy runners, a defence that leaks like a sieve and developed a team that has zero mental strength. He made the call to stick with sub-standard players and has-beens. Wakey might be a bit ###### but we are better than Toulouse, which speaks volumes. He’ll go ok again in the championship i guess, it’s his level right now. Nothing wrong with that either. But Super league? Sorry he’s  nowhere near ready yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Chester is by far the worst coach wakey have had in SL. Bloke before him wasnt that bad to be honest, in he was quite good.

And yet even Chester was one Scott Grix booting the ball out away from from taking little old Wakey to the play offs. Seems to be doing ok with Lam now at Leigh as well which shows just how easy it is to win that league when you’re pretty much the only full time team with the biggest budget. 

20 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

They only came up last year thanks to playing half as many games as anyone else and being fresh as a daisy come the play offs.

It's not their fault no one would come over to play them.

Undefeated that year. Pretty much all away games. Don't take away their credit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Gutted for Toulouse, but you could see that coming. The turning point was Albert's dreadful kick out on the full. Before then, they looked reasonably comfortable. After that, it was all Hull KR.

I've really enjoyed having Toulouse in the comp this year. I've looked out for their results every week, and was hoping to get down there to watch Saints, but sadly wasn't to be this year. They've added a bit of glamour which has been a welcome change. But I think they're now certainties to be relegated, and we'll have another one of Leigh's 12-month visits to the super league to make up the numbers next year.

Maybe the likes of Leigh, Fev, Halifax, York etc should relocate to southern France, eh ? That's the only glamour Toulouse brought sonny, their location. 🤠

11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's not their fault no one would come over to play them.

Undefeated that year. Pretty much all away games. Don't take away their credit.

No championship team was expected to travel to France due to Covid. 

When it was safe my club Batley did for the semi final. 

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

I was listening to the Full Eighty Minutes podcast on Tuesday, ive not a clue what their names are on the show but one of them said “he has heard rumours that if TO XIII go down they will rejoin the French league”. I hope that isn’t the case. 

13 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

It shows budget dictates performance and coaches have less influence than commentators make up. Saints are successful because they are a well oiled machine with fantastic production line and ability to spend to the cap.  

We like the narrative of great coach but It is mostly money.  

Yeah cos thats really working out for Darryl Powell isn’t it? 

• Like 1

Rovers were pretty much down to the bare bones of the bare bones and at 6-16 the game was there to be won by Toulouse.

Late on the threadbare Rovers simply win the game through sheer willpower. Toulouse will not get a better chance than this and I do believe they are now relegated.

• Like 5

Surely Toulouse are done now and frankly they deserve it. Plenty of chances to win games none more so than this and they aren’t clinical enough. Averaging 16 points is woeful and their attack looks really disjointed, surprising when you saw how creative they were in the Champ. I wonder if Houles changed tactics or losing the long time spine combo of ford and kheirallah really messed them up.

wakey the cockroaches survive again!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

17 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Didn't they lose their spine players about 4 weeks before the season?

Well didn’t I address that in the next sentence? The full back and half they have now are better than ford and Kherallah but there’s something to be said about cohesion. I think their whole game plan was based on those guys and they haven’t been able to adjust.

That’s sport. Hopefully they’re do better next time.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Surely Toulouse are done now and frankly they deserve it. Plenty of chances to win games none more so than this and they aren’t clinical enough. Averaging 16 points is woeful and their attack looks really disjointed, surprising when you saw how creative they were in the Champ. I wonder if Houles changed tactics or losing the long time spine combo of ford and kheirallah really messed them up.

🤣

Very good, I like that. Much better than 'Wildcats'.

so, "Wakefield Cockroaches" or "Wakefield Trinity 'Roaches" or just use it as a nickname "The 'Roaches"

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

They have only scored 31 points less than Hull KR who have 10 more league points and 5 additional wins to their name. It's not seeing out the close games that has been their downfall. Last night was a prime example. 

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Are you for real, what a dim witted observation. Two top 8 finishes and only one serious relegation game, some absolute thrashings of Hull and Wigan and the unearthing of some real talent. You've clearly not watched Trinity for long, or you're blind or have a memory disorder.

I'll list you the worst coaches than Chester, and that includes his predecessor.

Brain Smith

Richard Agar

James Webster

Tony Smith (the Cas one)

Peter Roe

David Hobbs (my personal choice)

None of the above did even half as well as Chester, the nearest being Agar.

Care to rethink or come off the substances or look daft forever, your choice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Says the parasite club with no ground, no fans, no Academy and almost certain to go bust any time soon unless Salfords soccer team lets them borrow their stadium made up of bus shelters. Salford, a place that no longer really exists with a high street of Kebab shops, stuck in an area where nobody has heard of them. Ask anyone in Manchester if they have heard of a RL team from the deprived suburb of Salford. They will look bemused and then ask if its that team Ryan Giggs set up. I know because I've asked the question many times.

Salford Cockroaches has a real ring of truth to it.

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Exactly, so whichever division we are in we won't be relegated next year, me laddie.

For goodness sake it's a given Leigh will go up, who's going to stop them? We won't sadly and as good as Batley think they are you've already battered em. And that's not a slight on Batley.

29 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Says the parasite club with no ground, no fans, no Academy and almost certain to go bust any time soon unless Salfords soccer team lets them borrow their stadium made up of bus shelters. Salford, a place that no longer really exists with a high street of Kebab shops, stuck in an area where nobody has heard of them. Ask anyone in Manchester if they have heard of a RL team from the deprived suburb of Salford. They will look bemused and then ask if its that team Ryan Giggs set up. I know because I've asked the question many times.

Salford Cockroaches has a real ring of truth to it.

I don't think he supports Salford.

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

I think Hull will win this now. Looking strong.

Have they kicked off early? Thought it wasn't until 7.45 this evening

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

12 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

4 teams in the Championship would beat either

Leigh, on their best day, might get within 10 points of this 2nd string Hull KR side. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Don't know how Toulouse lost that...

Hull KR were throwing the ball around and coming up with errors. TO 16-6 up, and the last 15-20 minutes sees them get turned over.

I thought TO just had to keep it tight n straight up the middle. Alvaro, Sangaré, Belmas, Peyroux, etc. were getting them good ground.

SKD was really central for KR, but I thought that was a game that the Gallic cellars dwellers should have tied up and strangled the life out of their opposition.

Georgia Stanway is a better analyst that either WILKIN or MCDERMOTT. 

*Leeds and Saints fan mode on* - "yeah but how many grand finals has she won?"

My old, snoring dog is better than them!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Have you not heard the cheers from Leigh?

No cheers from me Saintly one, as I said before I would sooner go to Toulouse than Wakey to watch my team play, and I also said may the best team survive I find it very irksome that a number of posters seemingly are all to ready to ditch Wakefield, P&R will always be a subjective issue especially for the supporters of the clubs involved but I think with some of the comments that have been made in preferance for one club are most definitely OTT, even down to the 'ringfencing' issue.

• Like 1