The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Erm usual knockers and doubters for Salford on here. Part of the territory aided by client journalists!

Been a bit ###### round here with HS2 cancelled, MUFC bollix and whatever is going on at Salford.

I can understand how RFL suits uselessness is resulting in a £300k deficit.

But I'm confused about this week's crisis at Solly given the increased revenue (big fan donation/gate/Dupree fee) this year. And the disputed £115k from food and drink.of course the fans crowd funder is ring fenced.

Seems SRD are mulling over bringing in MacDonald, Kennedy, Bullock, Harvie Hill and Byrne. Odd crisis.

We will be sending Hill out on loan, iv'e no doubt about that but Bryne? Not a chance.

21 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

He’s been on trial from Albi but then got injured and has since been rehabilitating.  Must have shown something to warrant a contract.  The bits I’ve seen show he’s an aggressive and a strong runner.  Fingers crossed he gets back to full fitness as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Bamboozle said:

Wish more clubs would take a chance on French talent.

including the Catalan dragons.

I'm hoping Fev can keep hold of their three french lads for next season. 🤞

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hull have a bit of previous on committing to a lot of player's "who must have shown something" hope the lad does well.

Better than their East Hull neighbours who sign up players who have "shown something" at other clubs.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hull have a bit of previous on committing to a lot of player's "who must have shown something" hope the lad does well.

Which ones specifically?

Whatever ‘bit of previous’ means, Hull FC can never be criticised for the work done to bring players into the club.  Granted, they’ve made some decisions on players who’ve gone on to be better players but that probably applies to most SL teams.

On 10/10/2023 at 17:51, Tommygilf said:

Equally, Leeds can go to Salford and drive down the transfer fee bc they know Salford "have to sell" and one of Leeds' major stumbling blocks are his wage demands. 

The contract offered to Croft now seems really stupid, both in terms of value and length. It certainly shouldn’t have been offered at a level Salford couldn't afford past 1 off season.

Yes, can easily see a situation where Croft doesn't want the move enough to give any on the current salary and release clauses that he currently has, and Leeds not wanting fork out so much money on a contract a player may be able to walk away from in a year if an NRL offer comes in.

If that's the case, and Salford need the deal to be done, it could end up costing them either in a reduced transfer fee, or some sort of pay off to the player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

Yes, can easily see a situation where Croft doesn't want the move enough to give any on the current salary and release clauses that he currently has, and Leeds not wanting fork out so much money on a contract a player may be able to walk away from in a year if an NRL offer comes in.

If that's the case, and Salford need the deal to be done, it could end up costing them either in a reduced transfer fee, or some sort of pay off to the player.

Can not say i am chuffed to read Solly sell again, especially to a fellow mid table rival.

My gripe is that having budgeted on what the club was told by the RFL in April. Only to be informed that the figure was false and £290k less.

And to add to that another £116k from hospitality has failed to be shared allegedly by the catering company, despite being apparently contracted to do so.

Hence whilst I share some concerns about the running of the club at times, I and many others are p!shed external factors have created this. 

Personally I'd be concerned if I was Brodie. Sezar, Austin, Lolohea all dropped in form once they ascended to the apparent bigger platform in Leeds. It's a hard gig to follow from the golden generation.

And if I was SRD I'd wait until the season closes. See how much the Grand Final/Tonga tests go and petition for a 29 game season, with the extra game revenue closing the money gap.

But hey be it rain or shine..........

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

Surely NRL clubs are obliged to recognise the contract Croft has with Salford. Wigan received a fee for Bateman when he went to Wests.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12774480/john-bateman-leaves-wigan-warriors-for-nrl-deal-with-wests-tigers

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

Surely NRL clubs are obliged to recognise the contract Croft has with Salford. Wigan received a fee for Bateman when he went to Wests.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12774480/john-bateman-leaves-wigan-warriors-for-nrl-deal-with-wests-tigers

Yes, they will be obliged to recognise the contract with Salford. What we don't know is what that contract says. Sounds like he had a release clause, whereas Bateman wouldn't have had 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Which ones specifically?

Whatever ‘bit of previous’ means, Hull FC can never be criticised for the work done to bring players into the club.  Granted, they’ve made some decisions on players who’ve gone on to be better players but that probably applies to most SL teams.

'bit of previous', having done something prior which may not have turned out as one wished it to.

Over the last few years if all those player's that have been signed by Hull FC who were considered to be a good fit for the teams requirements then moved on (and yes it applies to most other SL clubs) but Hull FC to me seem to have exchanged their playing roster more than most, if I am wrong then I take it back.

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

'bit of previous', having done something prior which may not have turned out as one wished it to.

Over the last few years if all those player's that have been signed by Hull FC who were considered to be a good fit for the teams requirements then moved on (and yes it applies to most other SL clubs) but Hull FC to me seem to have exchanged their playing roster more than most, if I am wrong then I take it back.

So this is evidence based or just another guess Harry?  We are taking about signing young players who did not fit the bill not just exchanging the playing roster, which all clubs do.  

Recently I can only think of 2 young players.  Longstaff, who has gone from club to club.  Good competitor but just not big enough for SL, although he has the heart of a lion and Denive Balmforth who is still with the club.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

York Knights sign Will Dagger on a three year deal

Will be Championships best player next season. (Which highlights the lack of talent playing in UK). Had to wait too long at HKR for a chance, being understudy to Adam Quinlan and Lachlan Coote.

Wish him all the best, York could be an outside bet for SL when IMG get there feet properly under the table. Would make away trips more appealing with York's stunning City Centre and it's attractions.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Stainesrover said:

Will be Championships best player next season. (Which highlights the lack of talent playing in UK). Had to wait too long at HKR for a chance, being understudy to Adam Quinlan and Lachlan Coote.

Wish him all the best, York could be an outside bet for SL when IMG get there feet properly under the table. Would make away trips more appealing with York's stunning City Centre and it's attractions.

Away fans don't count 

50 minutes ago, Stainesrover said:

Not disputing this as he could end up being best player in champ next season. But why as he left wakey to go to York? No dis respect to York but I’m guessing DP as kicked him out. 

• Confused 1